4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 5:12 AM by maccabi RSS

My Scuf Controller review...

I dont understand what all the big hype is about a scuf controllers. You pretty much can do the same thing with  regular controllers. Yes it does let you zoom in fast I guess but hell not no faster than what you can do with a regular controller. Are they really that big of a advantage? No they are not lol. I mean I played around in pubs I dont usually play pubs cause pub kids are not my style of play.. I play gbs Where its competitive . Anyhow.. I tightend up the right trigger to where I could just tap and my gun would fire and yea I will say this.. I shoot a pistol faster with a regular controller xbox controller.

So you all dont waste your money on scuf controllers you can do just as good and basically the same thing with a regular controller.. You want a honest review there ya go.

• Re: My Scuf Controller review...
    maccabi

sTReeTMaRiNee wrote:

I dont understand what all the big hype is about a scuf controllers. You pretty much can do the same thing with  regular controllers. Yes it does let you zoom in fast I guess but hell not no faster than what you can do with a regular controller. Are they really that big of a advantage? No they are not lol. I mean I played around in pubs I dont usually play pubs cause pub kids are not my style of play.. I play gbs Where its competitive . Anyhow.. I tightend up the right trigger to where I could just tap and my gun would fire and yea I will say this.. I shoot a pistol faster with a regular controller xbox controller.

So you all dont waste your money on scuf controllers you can do just as good and basically the same thing with a regular controller.. You want a honest review there ya go.

/agree

although i still dont understand why people would but a scuff in the first place its basicallt a stock ms controller with a couple of 5 cent screws added

Steve2589

The biggest advantage I find is being able to jump without taking my thumb off of the stick allowing me to turn quicker etc. The trigger stops are nice but yeah they're not that much of a big deal.

maccabi

Steve2589 wrote:

The biggest advantage I find is being able to jump without taking my thumb off of the stick allowing me to turn quicker etc. The trigger stops are nice but yeah they're not that much of a big deal.

the problem with the trigger stops is they are great for cod.. other games that use the potentiometer of the triggers (ie full depression) you have to unscrew the trigger stops..

which is another big issue with scuffs for me.. you play other games and constantly have to keep unscrewing/screwing in trigger stops.. metal screw into plastic after a while the threads wears out and they just fall out and you have two holes..

also when removing the screws you also have a slight burr around the screw hole., as scuffs are made super cheap this burring affects trigger movement and you also can end up wih bis of burr inside the controller.