4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 1:42 PM by MCCOMINATOR RSS

CONGRATULATIONS in ruining a good game  iw

stokoe1011

i think infinity ward should take note for any other games released in the near future that they lay off the lag compensation as im on 60 meg and trying to play this game is ny on impossible and with everybody messing about with there router settings its makeing it even harder isnt it just ridiculous that u have to go to these measures just to play this game i mean a company who sells as many games as they do and still dont have there own servers im sure thers a better way then the current one i just hope for there sake they sort it out before they scare there customers away then  haveing to put up with this c""p       if you want to keep selling games I WOULD TAKE THIS ADVICE BOBBY KOTICK

• Re: CONGRATULATIONS in ruining a good game  iw
    trialstardragon

They are not going to give dedicated servers to CoD on the current generation consoles or probably ever. CoD and the engine the game works on right now is not designed to work with dedicated servers on consoles. Plus dedicates servers would not fix lag issues, the only thing it fixes is host migrations and stat padding nothing else. BF3 which usses dedicated servers is just as laggy as CoD is at times and has just as many problems.

The idea behind this version of lag adjustment was to even out the playing field so noone had any advantage, unfortunately many players did not like this so they manipulated their router settings and caused even more issues in order to try and get host advantage back again.

The idea behind the change was good just the way it was attempted was not the best design.

It was not IW that ruined the game but everyone that tried to manipulate their settings to try and get back an advantage thus making is hard for Iw IW to ever get clear telemetry on what settings would work for the game with the least amount of negative impact on everyone playing.

So before you try and just put the the majority of the blame on IW I would seriously look at the players and the type of community the game has and look hard at them too. For it takes two to tango.

kastro187420

trialstardragon wrote:

The idea behind this version of lag adjustment was to even out the playing field so noone had any advantage, unfortunately many players did not like this so they manipulated their router settings and caused even more issues in order to try and get host advantage back again.

Actually, they were manipulating their connection settings and quality in an effort to not be behind everyone else. The "Lag Comp" settings were way too far out of whack. They've improved a bit, but hosting is still a no-go if you're serious about having a smooth game.

It was pretty well documented that if you had a worse connection, your gameplay was better. That alone is enough to convince most people that something was terribly wrong with how they were handling it.  A worse connection shouldn't provide a better experience than having a good one.

maccabi

stokoe1011 wrote:

i think infinity ward should take note for any other games released in the near future that they lay off the lag compensation as im on 60 meg and trying to play this game is ny on impossible and with everybody messing about with there router settings its makeing it even harder isnt it just ridiculous that u have to go to these measures just to play this game i mean a company who sells as many games as they do and still dont have there own servers im sure thers a better way then the current one i just hope for there sake they sort it out before they scare there customers away then  haveing to put up with this c""p       if you want to keep selling games I WOULD TAKE THIS ADVICE BOBBY KOTICK

why would having 60meg (which im assuming is down bandiwdth make any difference?

As for dedicated servers nope theres numerous threads about this topic nutshell answer is they would not improve "lag"