27 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 6:19 AM by electricfuneralfire RSS

Snipers

wmpratt

So, am I the only one who hates snipers and wish to see "one shot kill" go away?

• Re: Snipers

Oh, another one of these.

Sniper are part of the game, get over it.

At this point, the hit detection is so poor, half the time one shot/one kills don't exsists.

Rednecksniper39

Sounds to me like you just like to run around like a chicken with your head cut off and don't like people who sit back and take well placed shots.

SitRepPro

wmpratt wrote:

So, am I the only one who hates snipers and wish to see "one shot kill" go away?

Sniping is hardly a common place given the design of the maps.  Relative to the assault rifles, snipers are probably underpowered in all honesty.  Low ammo on some of them (e.g. AS50), with possible bad hit detection, spells trouble.  I play mostly TDM and it can get boring using snipers because I'm not killing as much as I would with an LMG.  If sniper haters who play against me want me to use the L86, they are asking for a hiding.

As someone who will snipe 90% of my games, I can say well enough that we are under powered. We legit snipers, who sit back, hidden from all, and deliver crucal blows to the enemy, often are outgunned. Sure we have the power and range/accuracy, but we lack the mobility, fire rate, and ammo count you run and gunners take for granted. Camping is only camping unless you have a sniper rifle (unless you just sit in the corner with claymore at the door and watch the entrence of course).

The one shot kills are our claim to fame. Without them, we have no chance outside of dumb luck. So before you decide to get rid of one shot kills (or complain about them I should say), go out with a dragonov and see what happens to you.

electricfuneralfire

Dragunovs have no recoil with ACOG these days. Im not saying this gun is awesome or anything im just saying it has low recoil and good fire rate. All the auto snipers have a good fire rate. Then there is also the Speed proficiancy for all the snipers if the lack of mobility got to you that bad. Then you also have akimbo FMG's so you have the close range covered as well.

Also run and gunners face a serious lack of ammo as well and its really bad with some guns even with ext mags. We do have the mobility and fire rate (on SMG's). With shottys we still have mobility not so much fire rate.

Im not saying sniping is easy by any means, I just feel there is holes in your statement.

i sort of agree with you. the whole run and gun with a sniper rifle thats used like a shotgun is pretty damn annoying. i don't snipe but i respect the real snipers who know their role in the match and play objectives. but anyways, getting OSK'd sucks all together but its an integral part of any shooter.

Thesandman

Yes you are the only one. A sniper rifle bullets is meant to be a 1 shot kill.

banned-again

if someone takes the time to line their shot up then yes they should get a one hit kill

Exactly!

This game may be screwed up in many different ways (or at least how the players play this game), but one thing that is dead-on is rewarding real snipers.

Forget the pathetic players that rely on a sniper rifle to run around and get one-hit kills because they would be slaughtered otherwise.

I'm talking about the real snipers who sit back and take good shots.

When you are playing the game right, you can really mess with the enemy.

Getting in their head, making them frustrated when they constantly try to defeat you only to be outsmarted, is a great feeling!

Not just that, but I love to encounter a fellow sniper and try to beat him.

SitRepPro

xBIGEVILx wrote:

Forget the pathetic players that rely on a sniper rifle to run around and get one-hit kills because they would be slaughtered otherwise.

I'm talking about the real snipers who sit back and take good shots.

When you are playing the game right, you can really mess with the enemy.

Getting in their head, making them frustrated when they constantly try to defeat you only to be outsmarted, is a great feeling!

Not just that, but I love to encounter a fellow sniper and try to beat him.

Heh.  I swear some people do that because it's a bit of a chore to level up the snipers compared to assault rifles and submachine guns.  I always love coming across MSR or Barrett users with Quickdraw who run and gun with it so I can pick them off with my AS50.

deamonomic

lol so wait... using a gun that requires a break inbetween shots and often gives a hitmarker instead of a kill is more noobish then picking a spray n pray sniper because you suck to much to land that first shot anyways?

yes I run around with my sniper. whats wrong with moving around? Honestly it doesnt matter what gun i use because at the end of it all your just as dead.

SitRepPro

You can't spray with the AS50.  I can shoot faster between shots with the Model and I'm sure most people think of the spammy shotguns as being the Striker and USAS, and not the Model.  Plus the AS50 has the lowest ammo count so it's a bad idea to waste ammo on it.  Think you've confused it with the SVD or the Barrett.  It's up to them how they play but don't whine saying wallhack because I'm using Assassin and Marksman.

TheSurgeon83

I stuck quickdraw on my L118A yesterday and ran around with it, it seemed to be taking forever getting it gold using it properly as I always seem to end up getting half my kills with an MP9 when sniping. Only played one game before I got an angry message.

The carrot on the string....got to get gold...got to get gold

SitRepPro

TheSurgeon83 wrote:

I stuck quickdraw on my L118A yesterday and ran around with it, it seemed to be taking forever getting it gold using it properly as I always seem to end up getting half my kills with an MP9 when sniping. Only played one game before I got an angry message.

Oh I'm not that bothered by people who use Quickdraw and run with it - there is a Speed proficiency for it anyway.  But it's when they moan that some of us are more stationary and they stood no chance of escaping my line of sight because of perk selection with them and myself.  I've always felt it is overkill to have to level up the sniper as much as assault rifles and submachine guns for their number of kills.

The L118A is a great sniper.  I've stopped using it for a little while because I felt I was getting too many hitmarkers with it.  I'll go back to it some time though as I'm ranking all the snipers up, except may be the RSASS, which I don't think I need to bother with since I have the Dragunov up to level 25 (I think).

kakashidragon

latly ive been a few games where snipers can shot you before you come around the corner, i use asaissn pro and dead silence/pro, and they seem to know that i will be around the corner before i even get there or know that i will run behind them.

muffscm

fyi i have a new gt so all my stats on this acount that you look up mean nothing now. but i snipe all the time and i feel ya getting shot before you get around the corner. I think it may be the barrel of the gun sticks out before the person actually does and if a sniper is looking through his/her sights already chances are they spotted you and the second you come around bam. i do this to many people and i get people raging at me it just makes me excited and i get in the zone.

indy56

Only been using the sniping classes fully when i reached 20th prestige, for me its the challenges , i dont quickscope or whatever they call it as my sensitivity is very low, the only two i did not bother with were the Dragunov & RSASS, did not like using these as i did the rest of sniper rifle classes,i have noticed over the last week or two that things seem different when shooting these,when i first started out they were a very nice weapon to use for those long distance kills but now it seems they are just not doing the job as effectively as they once were,have they been dumbed down a bit, or maybe its just my lousy shooting, lol, have already received one message from some numpty wanting to challenge me on a 1v1 on a quick scoping  game because he lost when i shot him with my secondry weapon,oh well just a few more days to say bye bye,

bkblazer

I'm sure your not the only one. But I love snipers and if its not a one-shot-kill, then It better have hit his big toe.