3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 2:13 AM by yomin123 RSS

The Internet connection quality problem

Hi,
        It was very unsmooth when I was playing ‘Call of DutyModern Warfare 3’. I mentioned that a signal strength icon was showing on the right hand side ( http://photo.xuite.net/ninja.jack/5933285/1.jpg ). The strength icon only showed 3 instead of 4. Does this phenomenon result any affection when I playing the game?
        My Internet provider asked for more information to check the Internet connection quality, could you please tell us your server IP? how does the network connectivity being established. Does the game base on a peer-to-peer network? And how does your game decide the signal strength which is showed on the captured screen aforementioned?

Thank you!!

Yomin

• Re: The Internet connection quality problem
    maccabi

yomin123 wrote:

Hi,
            It was very unsmooth when I was playing ‘Call of DutyModern Warfare 3’. I mentioned that a signal strength icon was showing on the right hand side ( http://photo.xuite.net/ninja.jack/5933285/1.jpg ). The strength icon only showed 3 instead of 4. Does this phenomenon result any affection when I playing the game?
            My Internet provider asked for more information to check the Internet connection quality, could you please tell us your server IP? how does the network connectivity being established. Does the game base on a peer-to-peer network? And how does your game decide the signal strength which is showed on the captured screen aforementioned?

Thank you!!

Yomin

the bars represents ping - ie how long it takes for information to travel from you to the host and back (best quality session wqould be 4 bars. )

you wont get a server ip as you connect to another player (who hosts the game)

There are many many factors that can affect your connection quality, starting from the games own matchmaking system when it pairs you up with players (location between players being the most obvious one (further away the higher the ping)

• Re: The Internet connection quality problem
    ATVIAssist

Hello yomin123,

Maccabi is offering good information. What you can do is reset your router and see if that helps your connectivity issues.

^JJ