19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2012 8:32 AM by narcotic.jamie RSS

Will You Prestige: Yes or No - AND Why?

There are 100 unlockables.

Before Prestige 10, Rank 55 - you can only have up to 65 unlocked at one time (55 tokens + # of permenant unlocks).

So unless you prestige ALL THE WAY...you won't even be within 35 of unlocking everything.

That is why I am going to plan out the best 55 unlockables (I never use half the junk anyway) and destroy the religiously grinding prestigers.

• Re: Will You Prestige: Yes or No - AND Why?

i just prestige for the fun of it

rankismet

SuspectOnFoot wrote:

There are 100 unlockables.

Before Prestige 10, Rank 55 - you can only have up to 65 unlocked at one time (55 tokens + # of permenant unlocks).

So unless you prestige ALL THE WAY...you won't even be within 35 of unlocking everything.

That is why I am going to plan out the best 55 unlockables (I never use half the junk anyway) and destroy the religiously grinding prestigers.

So you don't like to prestige... good for you. It's an option.

I've maxed prestige in every COD with it.

It's fun.

I wouldn't make it a point to mention that, but during most times I play, I am mocked for not prestiging.

You are an exception to the rule when it comes to prestiger's attitude toward my playstyle.

I can't have fun losing guns and perks...especially when it causes me to be at a disadvantage in a highly competetive game.

I could manage prestiging, but I guarantee that most people get better stats in the second half of their ranks than the first half...and it's because those advantages make a difference.

Tick7

I have to feel like I'm playing towards something, in order for a game to have any relevance and importance to me.

Either I have to improve my KD/Win-Lose to a certain score, and work towards unlocking a certain gun/camo. I always have to have an objective.

That's why I prestige - it always gives me a goal. Get to max level, push the button, do it again. Earning a ton of XP at max lvl just feels like a waste for me.

Plus once you prestige, it's those few early levels that are probably the most enjoyable

N3MISiS792

thats the only reason i prestige in any cod i love leveling up & seeing that icon that shows im leveling up once u reach max tho it gets a lil boring lik in mw3 all u have to go for after is gold guns & that takes forever depending on the gun & for me once i get it golden i never use it after it sorta feels like a waste

iivrruummii

I will prestige all the way to 10th 55 mainly because it will take less than a month for me playing 7hrs/day.  I just hope they don't add prestiges like MW3, or atleast be more creative.

Tick7

I never quite understood why they did that with MW3.

Just because people play  your game too much, you are going to add more?

It wasn't a big deal and it didn't hurt those who didn't reach max prestige (I did), but I just thought that it was really weird that they went that route and gave the vocal fans what they wanted in this instance, but not in other instances (Second chance, noob tubes, etc)

dtuchpunk

Will prestige. Why? Because of knowing where I stand

knightzombie

I'd like to go after the Prestige Master myself. I work so it might take a while to get there

Fireman0025

Yes i will for several reasons.

One: i dont like to leave anything unfinished, and i consider not ranking up stopping when i am only part way through.

Two: i think that the game is alot more fun when working towards something. Just sitting around and not getting anywhere gets old.

Three: i like the Prestige. Not the system of ranking up. The actual pride of having done it all again, and putting in that effort to go the extra mile. (even though it is only a video game)

Four: I always liked to have more create-a-class slots. I like to have options so if i dont like how on class is working i can easily switch to the next one. This also allows me to keep my S&D classes set up at all times. therefor when switching game modes i dont have to keep rebuilding my classes.

Five: now that i cannot unlock everything at the first prestige i want to get more unlocks. I like to have plenty of options. And as the game gets stale i like to branch out. Usually i use SMGs, Shotties, and the occasional AR. Near the upper prestiges i like to branch out into LMGs and the occasional sniper

I think that about sums it up.

-note: i have never reached max prestige. I tend to go hard in the first two months and fizzle out as summer draws closer, and then i pick it up again as winter comes again. One of these times i will get there though

Ss78_

Aye. Extra classes. More challenge.

I always prestige. Even though Black Ops 2 will give you intiative to prestige I honestly didn't care about it because my motivation has always been amazing emblems.

More classes. That makes it an easy decision for me.

obzi

I play challenges constantly so to keep these going I always prestige, I also feel the game gets a little stale if your just sat on 80 forever a a day.

The challenge system in MW3 wasn't difficult to work out, you can be working on many challenges at the same time and very quickly be back to a good setup so you weren't actually missing out on a gun, perks, etc for very long.

If you need to have the very best of everything unlocked so you can remain competative your probably not as good as you think you are.

cupp212

Yeah, it gives me another reason to keep playing.

narcotic.jamie

Yup i'll be prestiging - if i didnt id get bored of it really easily, and to think of all the XP wasted while staying non prestige level 55, might as well use it!

Personally for me its a bit of a challenge as well, i'll go through a prestige and i'll love a certain gun and use it the whole prestige, then when i go back to it for some reason i cant shoot for s**t! haha! so it makes me use other weapons / perks and keeps the game interesting

highlandsparky

The game gets a bit stale for me if I don't, so yes,  I shall be.

Although I won't go to 10th, probably stick at 9th.