32 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2012 1:07 PM by Ascended RSS

Black Ops 2 is going to be a UAV SPAM FEST!

footballrule

In Domination, Kill Confirmed, or Hardpoint, UAV is even easier to get than in previous games. Why is it the easiest scorestreak to get? It helps the WHOLE team see where you are. it should be 600 score or more. After MW2, this should have been fixed. UAV spam is the REASON we have a whole perk dedicated to one thing. Ghost is unlocked at level 55? Grea, gonna take about 15 hours or more gameplay to get to level 55 so bring on the UAV spam and constant death. (I would use counter uav, but I would rather use that spot for something more valuable, like the Orbital VSAT)

• Re: Black Ops 2 is going to be a UAV SPAM FEST!
    ChestSplittah

This will only bother nOoBs.

vims1990

What about carrying a secondary launcher or using a Black Hat PDA to destroy UAVs?

You get score towards your scorestreaks & they are easier to detect compared to previous COD titles so why not take them out?

death-dignity

Wow, starting to think about it, you are right. Not only that, but you can earn additional points for kills your teamate got on enemies shown on the UAV. It looks like they just keep stepping up the UAV power!

blb128

It all evens out if both teams are spamming UAVs like you say. So what is the problem. I think its funny because some of us hardly ever used ghost in the first place. There are counters in the game for a reason. If you choose not to use them that is your problem

myevo8you

Think about what YOU just said. There are counters in the game. Well, actually Ghost WAS the counter to the constant UAV spam that already existed. Now factor in the fact that it is probably the LAST thing you unlock, doesn't protect fully from UAVs, the UAV gives points to the user, and only protecting while moving AND AGAINST NOTHING ELSE, pretty much the whole game will have UAV's up all the time. With the pick 10 system what you can do is limited by the point system, and it basically FORCE people to carry either a rocket launcher, or CUAV, or Black hat, meaning that it will be so prevelant.

blb128

Ghost isnt the only counter. Like I said if UAVs are up constantly then what is the problem? Your team will have them up too. What that means is that you can see the red dot chasers coming for you. Sounds like an easy kill to me. Its ok for the crybabies to have radar up showing the enemy but its not ok for the enemy team to have radar showing them. That is what I get out of these threads.

iivrruummii

You get the AA launcher at LEVEL 4!!!!!  So use it instead of relying on your Ghost.

whiteknight1902

lol your complaing about spy planes being constantly up, and you dont want to use the counter spy plane becuase you want to use the vsat.....?

why dont you think about what you are doing instead of crying about it. IF its a spyplane spam fest AND no one at the moment can use ghost then surely using the vsat is a waste of time, so put on the counter spy plane.

It doesnt seem like using rocket science to me.........

starbuckfrack

The game isnt officially out yet and someone is whining about UAVs ???

Tick7

It's not playing badly at the moment, and here's why.

First - ghost is unlocked very late (level 54, max = level 55).

Second - suppressors aren't unlocked for most assault rifles until level 12. Even if someone uses the first unlocked assault rifle continously, it's going to take them a while to get the suppressor unlocked.

What this means is that everyone is up on radar multiple points during the game. But rather than lead to this super campy, slow paced game, it's speeding things up because people are so attracted to the red dots on the radar. It's honestly quite refreshing.

UAV spam will be there. It's expected, just like with any and every early CoD release. There's nothing wrong with it. Once people start getting more comfortable with the game, and develop perk setups and weapon setups that they like, they will move onto higher scorestreaks - it happens every year.

iivrruummii

Ghost is unlocked at 55 with the AN-94.  There was a level unlock video floating around on the Se7ensins forums and on Youtube.

Tick7

I'm 99% certain that it said 54.

But I could be wrong. Either way, it's a very late unlock. I don't think I actually mind it either. Despite being an avid ghost user and an aggressive player, I kind of like knowing that I and everyone else don't have ghost on.

iivrruummii

Cold-blooded and Blind Eye are probably going to completely replace Ghost(from BO), now because Ghost is so high to unlock.  But if people get a Prestige Token for each Prestige like MW3 then Ghost will probably be the first thing people unlock because of that.

Tick7

iivrruummii wrote:

Cold-blooded and Blind Eye are probably going to completely replace Ghost(from BO), now because Ghost is so high to unlock.  But if people get a Prestige Token for each Prestige like MW3 then Ghost will probably be the first thing people unlock because of that.

Yet protection from both AI and human controlled score streaks is just not the same as UAV protection. I'd argue that most people would prefer the UAV protection.

And yes you are 100% spot on. If there is some way to carry perks with you across prestiges, then ghost will definitely be the one that most people take.

iivrruummii

I was looking at how OP some of the killstreaks like the Swarm was but the chances of getting one could be very slim throught the first couple of prestiges because it is unlocked at between level 50-54.

Tick7

Yep spot on.

The higher ranked score streaks, like the lodestar, the warship, and the swarm, are so deadly, but I wonder how easy they will be to get.

I think kill confirmed will be the game type that most people choose to play in while going for high score streak games. But it will be interesting to see how good they are. I almost feel that if they do get them, they'll deserve getting something really strong.

N3MISiS792

Not sure if you played mw3 but mw3 was a uav spam also there was uav for support & assualt so it was almost nessicary for every1 to hav assassin especially if people use the combo uav/ballistic vest only it was literally like uav in the air the entire match..it didnt bug me i ran specialst so either way i would get assassin anyway but it just something ur gna have to deal with

Tick7

1 - Lag

2 - Slower paced matches because everyone is learning the maps

3 - UAV spam

Those 3 things are what you have to deal with when a new CoD comes out

black2death

do you guys forgot MW the first one 3 kills and uav and only uav jammer to counter it at the cost of stopping power. but strangly nobody ever complained about that.

so the power of an uav is not increased, in my opinion.

Yes a good player ignores uav because he as good accuracy, reactions, and hearing. Try and fix those and you won't worry about uav spamming.

Pretty sad how everyone cry about every little thing, cause it not going their way. Most of you so call legit players are a bunch of babies. If the only thing I do is complain go and play a different game.

Stop complaining and suck it up. There is more than just ghost to counter a UAV in this game.

moshu23

Yesterday I was to the BO2 live event in London, I played the game for 4 hours and in all of the games as a secondary weapon I had FJH-18 and I have to say, I really enjoy every UAV that I distroyed.

As an enemy

1. There are EXTREMELY easy to spot, is a big black plane on a light blue sky

2. I GOT POINTS , there are easy points

As a team member

1. Are EASY to get

2. You GET POINTS every time someone is killed while your UAV is up

So for me, no problem with the UAV.

QwertyBoredom

You know what I have a solution while they spamm UAVs im gunna spamm CUAVs

ct1486

Sounds a lot like the express playlist in black ops. If so I think a lot of people are going to rage at the uav spam. I get making ghost a late unlock but 55 seems excessive not to mention someone said cuav is lvl 33. Does any one know if the cuav thing is true or if its like the other cods and you pick your kill streaks as you level up. If it is counter uav is gonna be my first unlock.

I was to lazy to read the entire post, but here is what i'll say. I was overjoyed when they said that a person using ghost would show on the UAV. My play style in Black Ops 1 was run around with an MP5K, lightweight, Sleight of Hand, and Marathon. To do this succesfully i needed to be able to see their placement on the UAV. While i am still upset that ghost rushers will not be visible on the UAV, i am happy that those annoying little preteen children will. Having it unlocked at level 55 has made me so happy its undescribeable. Hopefully this means not many people will use it. PRETEEN CAMPING CHILDREN I HAVE A MESSAGE TO YOU. Don't screw this over for us. It sounds fine as it is. If you find it necessary to play like a *****, ask them to make another playlist where ghost is the same as it was in Black Ops 1. That'll be fun guys.. I would love to hear anyone who disagrees with my statement. Don't hold back the hate.

QwertyBoredom

you do know that now all those "Preteen" campers will be forced to use a perk thats actually good for that perpose now right??, trust me when they start camping with Flack Jacket+Tac Mask you will be begging to have invisible campers again at least then once they kill you all it takes is a grenade/Flash to kill them.

offthewall2

I stopped using Assassin in MW3, and I got good without it. I put Quickdraw on instead, and could kill nearly every type of enemy, except corner campers with Assassin. The new Ghost is going to be great, since I won't need to worry about that type of player (hardwired might be a must, since I forget to visually check corners a lot).

My response to the inevitable UAV spam, is play smart. Most of the dot chasers think they are catching you off guard, unless you expect them to be there. If in a team based mode, always have your teammates location in mind, since they are both a protector and indicator. If your teammates aren't near you, then due to the spawn system you'll probably get flanked. Once the situation is under control, by all means shoot down a UAV. Don't go crazy looking up at the sky all the time for UAVs, they're always going to be there.