17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 6:49 AM by Massacreur RSS

What do you think a camper is?

What do you consider camping? Any time you play somewhat defensively you get called a camper. I like to snipe a snipers job is to sit at the top of a building or out a window and scope out and shoot enemies from a distance. Right or wrong? is that considered camping? not to me. Staying alive and getting kills is the point of the game. People seem to think everybody should just stand out in the open and shoot. To me a camper a guy that sits in the corner of a dark room and shoots people as they run by with his assault riffle. Let me know your thoughts.

• Re: What do you think a camper is?

I think a camper is a low skilled player who lurks high traffic areas only coming out of his hidey hole after seeing someone pass then proceeds to back rap3 his victim cause he has no run and gun skillz.

A true camper is someone who rushes to the same spot every time and sits there watching 1 direction with a claymore, tac insertion, or motion sensor deployed.

If you're using a sniper rifle, to me you're a sniper - not a camper.  Any other gun = camper.  I agree with DaYng1, going back to the same spot in the corner of a high traffic area and waiting with their AR = camper.

I'll be online either tonight or tomorrow after I put the kids to bed!!  (around 8pm EST) Always looking to play with people who enjoy the game.  BTank09

SentryGunner

In general, if you're a run and gunner, a camper is anyone who kills you short of a streak.

RickneW

If ur sniping on a spot.. Yea  ur camping, but in not in the noob way cuz ur sniping , cuz sniper have to stay on spots to snip theyr enemy from a far distance

i think everyone has different ways of playing, i myself dont care to sit in a dark corner and "Camp" just because if you were to do this, if your playing with even sort of decent players their going to know exactly where to go to kill you. so, not a very good stradegy. However if thats what someone wants to do im not going to Lable them a camper. i think its childish and immature to yell "CAMPER!" to someone that got the better of you. This is war, and last i checked there were no rules. so i tend to look at people who want to label someone a camper a sore loser. just my opinion tho. everyone has their own way of playing just because its not your way of playing doesnt mean you should tell someone their kill counts for less. Learn and adapt. Think about it

finally someone who thinks like me lol, i was just now saying the same thing, it's stupid that people claim your a "camper" or cheater just because they killed you, i hate being called a cheater, so i tell them no i'm just better than you and i have more skill, if you think i am cheating apperently you were because you think your untouchable and i killed you so yeah, i just know how to equip myself during battle, but yeah well said dude

if you ask me we're playing a war game for 1, and honostly i don't think that just because someone is sitting in the same spot for hours and killing people is haveing low skills, i do it and i use a M16 with the infered scope and the flash bang, and really if it was real war the things i see people do would get you killed instantly in the battle field i consider it acting like a fool, and really i don't think it's fair gameplay if the person is moving around like he's on crack and you can't shoot the dang person, or if i shoot the peron using a full mag and still not kill him, i think it's BS that is why i stay in one spot and wait til someone goes through my spot and shoot them as soon as i see them, which isn't good when you play Hardcore TDM cuz i tend to kill my own team mates, i get trigger happy sometimes xP but yeah, i think as if i were really in battle, just because you hide and hold your position don't mean you have poor skills, it just means your using your logic to fight, once you kills someone while hiding in one spot then move to another, easy as that, personally i love hiding in the houses in nuketown or in the trailer in the firing range, sniping with a M16 is fun lol xD

enemy775

nobody is a camper.. is just stupid people going back to the same spot to kill the guy that just kill them... and they end up getting kill again..... i remember in havana wer the fountain is at... i killed 20 people straight.... they couldve easily gone around but for some reason they had to go through the same door over and over again = stupid people...... campers dont exist, ive never seen anybody cooking bbq or smores.... if you get killed once or twice by the same guy in the same spot try to go around if possible or.... this my be difficult for most people but dont go back again....

Here is my tactic. Lets use hotel for instance. I set up in a widow with my L96 and claymore at the door. Once it gets someone I will replace my secondary with his gun usually a famas or something. Then as I look for people to snipe I keep an eye on my mini map in addition to listening carefully for anybody coming for me. It's always the same one or two guys that try. Those guys are the ones that cry. They can't get me so they use the excuse that I'm camping. I'm not camping I'm sniping. There's a difference. If they would use their heads instead of their egos they would try a different tactic and maybe they would be successful.  The object of the game is to stay alive and get kills. You should see all the hate mail I get. It's so funny. But at least it informative. I find out all the people that are sleeping with my mother.

N3MISiS792

to me if someone is "camping" just whip out the RPG & blow them out of there once there gone & u run around a lil if you come across the spot that person was throw a grenade/flashbang to flush em out people complain about it but all you have to do is take more cautious steps not go everywher like your superman. im a runner i run & gun all the time i only sit still to reload or call a killstreak i cant "camp" cuz it gets boring i want to go find ppl to kill ofcourse there is alwayz that 1 person in a corner hiding but thats what flashbangs are for blind them & kill em simple..now if your "camping" & useing toobs...well then it becomes an all out war of explosions in the game which can get annoying at times especially in HC RIC.

ProSnipes12302

A camper is when an enemies stays at spawn and waits until someone gets in their way and they just stab them or shot.

laurawel87

For me a camper is someone who stays in the same spot unless you are a sniper which is what a sniper is suppose to do. For example Firing range... the tower someone always climbs up and just kills people who spawn close to the side.

I see a lot of low level people camping but a fair few higher level campers too. It is rather annoying same as spawn trapping it loses all fun in the game.

A sniper in the real world will relocate after a few kills to ensure he is not discovered and countered.

So yeah, staying in the same spot all game with a sniper rifle is camping.

Massacreur

i hate them they are bunch of cowards