8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 12:17 PM by The1stCAV RSS

triple monitor displays

rick75
right first ever post on here and wanted to find out about the above title,i have 3 monitors (5760x1080) and wondering when this is going to be working i know there is a little program that can sort it out but don't want to run the risk of being banned online for using it even tho it's not a cheat ect,so was wondering if anyone from steam would be able to clarify if its ok to use or will there be a patch coming if so when to fix my res to 5760x1080

sorry if this is has been posted already but would like to know

many thanks

rick
  • Re: triple monitor displays
    To get an official reply from someone linked to Valve, you'd have to ask over at the Steam forums.

I've used UltraMon just fine to play Singleplayer and Multiplayer on dual screens when I am at work. But I can understand being cautious, the best place to get official word on what third party tools are safe and not safe would be over at http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/
    rick75
    not getting anywhere fast in reply from steam on this.

so will they fix the 5760x1080 res as its way stretched compared to the fix i used in single player,perhaps they should install there fixer on the game least it works.im not gonna run it online as much as i really want to in fear of getting banned but it does look really good,perhaps this company needs to talk with the widescreenforums to get it sorted lol.
    rick75
    amymore news on this being fixed yet?
    screwtech02
    Your gonna have to use "widescreen fixer" if you want it to work correctly, the weak ass FOV setting is just about good for nuthin in this game....

Untill Trey steps up and fixes it, there is no other way, unless you like the whole "streched" thing....  Pretty weak on Trey's behalf IMHO....
    rick75
    i have got it but would it get me banned for using it online?
    Schwiing
    Nope, you won't get banned. Been using widescreen fixer for almost EVERY COD title so far..100s of hours played, never a ban. You're safe to use it.
    DR216

rick75 wrote:

i have got it but would it get me banned for using it online?

no one can guarantee it for sure but i have been playing using wide-screen fixer since dopefish released it and i did for 6+months on mw2 before that so i wouldn't worry too much about it,

However you will get banned regularly from servers by over zealous admins :P
      The1stCAV

I just asked this same question in a new thread only to find others are wondering the same. I have also used Widescreenfixer to run both campaign and online at 5760x1080 and 6000x1080 with no issues so far for both MW2 & MW3.  Once I started reading about the security measures I was very happy but then got concerned as well, wondering how this BOII may "read" Widescreenfixer, but if its Steam that is controlling all this I would have to say I bret its fine.  They are well aware of this program and they know its not a hack in any traditional sense other than fixing the FOV for us triple monitor PC geeks.