18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2012 5:02 PM by DarkHero13 RSS

Probation system flawed

trialstardragon

The probation system has a flaw in it I think. I played in league play earlier and only left two matches by the normal method, the third match the host dashboarded and it put me on probation for leaving too many matches too often.

So it looks like it not only punishes dashboarders but anyone that leaves the game at all for any reason. Be it the normal way or if they get a host disconnect to many times.

• Re: Probation system flawed
    Shortcup

This probation is garbage. Losing host connection and getting kicked back to the lobby is not quitting it's your servers failing and people rage quitting. Treyarch you need to account for the difference between selecting "leave game" and being DROPPED, BOOTED or KICKED. If you cannot distinguish between someone dash boarding mid game and someone unwillingly being dropped from a game you MUST REMOVE THE PROBATION FEATURE IMMEDIATELY.

Cheers,

Shortcup

XBL

trialstardragon

though my original post was that it may have been flawed I think it was done to prevent any form of leaving the match. So people could not just sign out or pull the plug and think they would be safe from it. Leave teh match for any reason, you are hurting the other team, so deserve to be punished seems to be the new way of thinking in this game.

THIS PROBATION, SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED IN THE PATCH

AND NO ITS REALLY BAD..

kastro187420

The flaw in that logic is that this isn't Halo. Matches can be joined in-progress. So if someone leaves, another takes their place. Hardly ever do matches go lopsided for any extended period of time.

I could understand doing Probation if nobody could join matches in progress. The teams would stay lopsided. But that's just not the case. Probation is a failed experiment that doesn't deter people from leaving matches.

I wonder how long it will take for JeepChick to lock this thread? Just as they have with all the other Probation threads.

The North Koreans could learn a thing or two about censorship from Treyarch.

Expect the same message about multiple threads and asking us to post in those rather than starting new ones... but they're all locked too. I hope the pay is worth the price of their soul.

trialstardragon

In norm games people join matches yes, but in league they do not it is locked. I think the problem is how the probation system is implemented between league and non league games.

Though it does not happen often I have seen a few games in hc where the lobby when to a 6v2 and stayed that way and no one ever refilled the open spaces. So it does happen but maybe not that often.

Toward why my post has not been locked go figure. I tend not to rant and scream and demand, and say, "Remove it or not buying anymore", or, "Remove it or seeling this crap game", or my favoirte, "Its my right to do as I want in the game".

I just say what I had a problem with, which was not a direct demand to remove it like so many other posts have been.

I created a thread about the probationary issues (probation for leaving lobbies, losing connection to host, etc), but it was locked after a few replies.

The probation system is great in theory, but in its current state it is clearly flawed. I vote that it is removed until the system is reworked.

TOOLMANAZ

The fact that the thread was locked after a few replies shows that they see the issue is being complained about AND IGNORED.  another reason to not buy another treyarch game. 

trialstardragon

Not exactly true, the reason why it gets locked is when everyone just comes in and screams or make threats to them expecting them to make the game how that player wants.

Make threats= get ignored.

Make a thread full of threats=get ignore and get it locked.

make a thread that has little constructive help= get ignored.

As I repeat I did none of that in this thread and is probably why it was not locked. Plus there is the thing where if you make several posts about the same thing instead of using a thread that allready exists, the mods tend to see that as spam and may chose to lock the post.

So really it depends upon the nuber of threads allready made about it, and the type of replies the thread is getting.

Yes.... the system is very flawed. i hadn't played since 3:00pm last night, over 24 hours, and in the time i did play last night i only left matches during lobby. And now i got shafted with a probation.... for leaving... in a lobby... WHEN THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO QUIT A GAME IF IM GOING TO GET STUCK ON PROBATION NO MATTER WHAT?!?! well thought out treyarch. Shitty rage quit system? yes. Possibility for it to work? maybe. If they make it for rage quiters and not for people with lives. If you back out of a lobby, open the dashboard, turn off your consol, should not get penatly. People have other **** to do in their lives, and blocking them from playing for living life, smooth move. Most rage quiters back out of the match they are in and try to join one with less skilled players.

FIX YOUR **** TREYARCH!

trialstardragon

Posting as you did will not really help. Getting so mad over it and cussing them out pretty much gets a post ignored by the devs.

if you notice I never needed to cuss about it. I just stated the possible chance of an issue. I did not say it was broke, just flawed. which means it works, just needs to be adjusted to something a little better perhaps.

Turned the game on today and guess what? The first thing that pops up is you are on probation for quitting to many games.. I havn't even played today. I do not quit games even when I am just cannon fodder. I get kicked or lose connection, the host abandons the game and we are back at the lobby and being punished. The host migrates and you are punished.. Everyone is being punished exept the ones who actually cause the problem in the first instance, You the developer, promotor and ultimately the financial recipiant are the ones to blame. You are forcing us customers to leave your products and never ever return.. To be punished for some perceived wrong doing when you havn't even been playing is beyond unconscionable. Ask your lawyers what unconscionable means. You are opening yourselves up to a class action suit from your paying customers.. The problems are with Activision and their servers and they punish their customers for thier inability to provide the service that we the customer are paying for. Especially when other game producers can offer online multiplayers without constant problems associated with your product. You are losing thousands to Halo and battlefield because of your server problems and you blame the paying customer?

DarkHero13

Pretty ridiculous when I get probation because someone else dashboards. I've only ever left twice: To leave for a movie (Wreck It Ralph; who WOULDN'T drop CoD to go see that?) and going to get food.

I've been put on probation for both instances, and another time where someone dashboarded during a League Play CTF. Absolutely ludicrous. Regardless, I still keep my resolve not to dashboard in this game.

sztheday

I too have gotten the probation crap twice today after leaving a game lobby to return to the dashboard and then joining another lobby. I've never rage quit a game, left early or been kicked. But the probation notice came up today for the first time. No doubt this will also be locked regardless of other posts saying to post in the "official" thread. Which is also now locked. How do we report the issue then???

Shortcup

I was playing in bonus chaos mosh pit from 6pm - 10pm and never left the lobby. I played every single game to the end. After 10 pm a friend signed on xbl and invited me to a game so I left the match to join my friend. That's 4 hours straight game play then 1 leave and I was put on probation. How does this better serve the game? This is obvious misappropriation.

Cheers,

Shortcup

Xbl

we dont need to be treated like children on a mature 17 and up video game.

its like were basically getting put in timeout for no reason.

maybe we have to quit a match to go clean up or run to the bathroom or go

to the store real quick or anything else. this needs to be handled point blank period..........