3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 8:42 AM by ReFlex14 RSS

Windows 8 performance on black ops #terrible

xDizzyHQ

So anyone else having this issue? my black ops worked fine on windows 7, I switched to windows 8 today and i get tons of fps drops, anyway to fix this? Well i think this will get alot of people pissed because of the compatability issues.

• Re: Windows 8 performance on black ops #terrible

I upgraded to Windows 8 and have seen no drop in performance in Black OPS.  It's as smooth as ever.  I have an Nvidia GTX 660 ti running the latest beta drivers. 

I'm willing to bet you're facing a driver issue.  Check for the latest or download a beta for your video card if available.

Most of the benchmarks I've seen comparing Win7 to Win8 gaming wise show them to be mostly the same with only a few games slightly quicker on win7, but nothing a player would notice. Some games actually saw slightly better performance with Win8.

• Re: Windows 8 performance on black ops #terrible

I also have very huge fps drops, even at lowest resolution(800x600) and lowest graphic settings i only get about 50 fps . It´s unplayable at normal settings! Althought i play on my notebook it should work fine! I have the newest windows 8 drivers from acer and amd.

specs:

i7 2,2 GHz 4-Core

4GB Ram

AMD HD 6850M

sorry for my bad english^^

Message was edited by: ReFlex14