46 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2013 11:41 AM by ClipClamp RSS

So, since ghost is locked until level 55

creaper21

Then make it so the UAV is also locked until level 55.

• Re: So, since ghost is locked until level 55
    AwkwardlyAverage

nope, thats a dumb idea, just cause you can't handle some challenges doesn't mean they should make the whole game easier.

creaper21

Seriously, you nerf ghost so much, and now it's the UAV that is too powerful.Treyarch is trying to appeal to the blind rushers. Not everybody wants to play this game like a chicken with out head cut off, just chasing red dots.

It might be too late for this kind of tweak.... I agree with you in spirit, the disparity between ghost and uav is pretty unbelievable.  I've actually found the opposite effect in the TDM games I've played.  Teams now stay together and hold one portion of the map so they can watch each other's back.   So it's kind of an anti-rushing tactic.  Very seldom do I run into just one guy...the whole team is usually there...  or at least two..I take one guy down, but I always get shot in the back by the 2nd guy. 

They said it was going to be more team focused.   I guess it is.

Tick7

creaper21 wrote:

Then make it so the UAV is also locked until level 55.

Poor baby can't handle all the UAV spam.

Shoot them down. Hack them. Use them to your advantage. Plenty of ways to get around the UAVs. If the only way you can think of is coming onto forums demanding a level change, you are doing it wrong, despite providing some amusement for some of the veteran players here

nicedrewishfela

Not an issue.

Ghost was the most used, and thus most coveted perk in Black Ops. It slowed games down to a crawl in many instances by folks who abused it and played outside the spirit of the game. It is a shame for those who used Ghost as intended, not by laying prone in corners.

I am not finding the UAVs to be an issue. When I run with a team we always make sure someone on the team has a counter. Could be a Rocket, could be a Black Hat, or running CUAV. If I get killed with one in the air, I simply switch to the "Operative" class which has Ghost on it. I'll get to Level 55, unlock Ghost, and then choose to bring it with me into the next prestige.

I am embarassed, really, by the amount of people complaining about this change. It makes me sad to know there are so few out there unwilling to adapt their game or work with teammates to overcome such a simple problem.

Personally, even though I used Ghost on 90% of my Classes in BO as I tend to move around the board constantly and hate running from killstreaks, I feel like the change has made me a better player. I can't rely on being invisible anymore, something which often made me lazy about checking corners or watching sight lines. When a UAV is in the air, I have to be more alert. I have been successfull in getting many kills on opponents when they have the UAV in the air simply because I am more aware. The Dot isn't constant, it jumps around every sweep. I keep moving and many times I can catch them looking where I was seconds earlier. Sure I get killed from time to time... but that is part of the game. I feel like a stronger player as I am much more aware than I was in the past.

I am enjoying the change. Gives me something to work for and keeps the game moving along as well.

creaper21

Being able to counter it doesn't make it balanced.

Why do I have to sacrifice a point in my CaC, to counter something so easily obtainable? And it's not just that though. Even aiming with a weapon when you're firing at someone will make you pop up, even if you're moving.

Before, people complained about ghost because it had so many abilities. Now it has one ability, and even that one ability itself is nerfed? I didn't see the problem before. If someone has ghost on and they're hiding, then they just wasted their perk since you know where they are anyways, right?

But still, why not make the UAV a level 55 unlock, just like ghost? They hinder one playstyle, but not the other?

It was just an unnecessary and stupid change

MrJDubbs11

Ghost was way overpowered in Black Ops 1.  I will admit that.  I only used it for CTF or when enemies had air support up but still it was over powered. 

The maps being so small fix the pace of play issue.  I had a TDM game this morning end (via the score limit) in 3 minutes. Now I am ok with some matches being fast If I played Nuketown in Blops 1 I expect the game to move fast but this is a little extreme. 

I don't have a problem with the concept of making players move for it to be active but they should be able to pause for a reasonable amount of time.  I don't know about you but I don't run into a room blindly.  I check the corners and try to clear it out.  In doing so I slow down.  If I pause and a UAV is up I show up giving the player camping an advantage.   Not only that but the fact that I have to use the stock so that I can ADS and still keep ghost active makes it near useless. 

Here is another example of how it is flawed. 

You have ghost on and are approaching an area.  You see on your HUD that someone just fired some shots in the area or your team has a UAV up and you can see someone moving in your general direction.  The enemy also has a UAV up but you have ghost on and have been moving so that player does not know you are there. 

So what do you do? 

In all other games I would try to move behind some type of cover to give me an advantage and I would wait for that person to approach and then take them out.  In BO2 I can't really do that because I need to keep moving to keep my ghost perk active given that it has a 1 second window before you show up on the map. 

My point is that they took this to the extreme.  A player should be able to pause and use the perk for a period of 10-15 seconds.  If a player is going to sit and not move around for more than that they are exposed but there needs to be some additional balance. 

The other counter to ghost is that most people are not using silencers.  So if they fire shots they are still going to show up on the map. 

I like the concept of no perk being an absolute and I am ok with the movement feature I am just put off by the time it takes to activate. 

I think if you ask others  (i.e. snipers) there are legitimate reasons for the time to be increased to more than 1 second.

nicedrewishfela

That is a fair and reasonable argument.

I can see it working this way. Hides you when you are moving just like it is now. Tune it, however, so that you have a 10 second fade in. Let me explain. When you die, you see that dot still there but gradually fade away. Have the opposite happen. You get a few seconds (5 perhaps?) to be still before you start fading in. After that grace period your dot slowly becomes more visible until it is back to solid red.

I think that would be fair. I like the change, but it can be overwhelming. Think this would be a fair compromise.

XxBrutality66xX

well said... I just wish everyone would stop complaining, and just adapt, or sell the damn game. All your doing is driving yourself crazy...I love what they have done with the game!!

dr2tone

Well said sir

Cablez

What's your most used killstreak on the original BLOPS?

As a ghost user, Spy plane I'm guessing....

Spamming UAV was far worse in black ops as you could build them up.

Joking aside, I've always been a hardline guy but if ALL ghost is doing, is keeping you off a map, I don't have a problem...

I can't be having your K/D's getting destroyed.

creaper21

Cablez wrote:

What's your most used killstreak on the original BLOPS?

As a ghost user, Spy plane I'm guessing....

Yeah, because it was the lowest and easiest killstreak to obtain. And because it gave you a kill worth of XP every time you call one in.

Using ghost had nothing to do with it.

Spamming UAV was far worse in black ops as you could build them up.

That's why we needed ghost.

Cablez wrote:

Joking aside, I've always been a hardline guy but if ALL ghost is doing, is keeping you off a map, I don't have a problem...

That's all I want. I don't care for all the extra abilities ghost has had before. That has all been split into different perks.

brsox

As someone who runs around the map a lot, I would like to see ghost unlocked at a lower level.

It's funny to me that people accuse anyone who uses ghost of being a camper. I will probably use ghost on all my running around classes when I unlock it, and I will use something else on my AR/LMG classes. It is very frustrating to be constantly pre-aimed when running around the map.

Regardless of which side of the fence you're on in the ghost debate, all placing ghost as a level 55 unlock does is piss people off when the game first comes out. Those who want ghost will use their prestige token on it or not prestige.

Placing it at 55 and making the UAV accessible immediately doesn't balance it any more and won't change a player's play style in the long term. This decision also only significantly impacts players during launch week when there is exorbitant UAV spam and almost nobody has ghost.

infamy96797

shoot down UAVs

no one cares dude. Drew is right. Get lost.

TABCore

Im sorry if this has been addressed before. But I think about this everytime someone makes a post about how ghost is ruined, and I've never seen anyone bring it up. Anyway here it is.

Has anyone ever thought of just strafing in tight circles to keep ghost active while you wait to ambush someone or get your bearings? Even if you camp, it seems like you could stay in a corner of some room, strafing tight circles and stay off the map, i mean. . . you're still moving technically right? I would think this would actually be effective on unsuspecting enemies too because they assume if there's no red dot, there's no camper? amiright?

It's a temporary problem, once you hit 55 you won't care anymore.

Anyway, ghost has been nerfed to the point it only works for running classes - if you want to camp you'd be much better of taking a Black Hat and maybe Scavenger so if they spam UAVs you can take them all down. it gives you a nice boost to your own killstreak too, 75 points per drone

That's waaaaay too radicle.

I just know is that once I get to level 55, I don't see a point in prestiging.

starbuckfrack

You cant unlock Ghost until level 55 ?????

I never noticed there were many UAVs up because we kept most of the enemy from getting more than 1 kill before they died.

Simple solution AGAIN like we said the past 3 or 4 years. Keep ONE class with a launcher and use it if you need it. And stop camping.

When you are playing TDM for example you are part of a TEAM so if some of your team mates are getting 2.0 KD ratios and above then let your team mates do their job while you shoot down ANY aircraft that comes along.

The pathetic excuse "I dont wnat to fill a slot with a launcher" is one of the reasons why teams fail. Good teamwork has been proven in this game to have different types of players. The more varied then the more you can kicks ass depending on the circumstances. some aircraft need MORE than one shot to take it down, and if you arent going to take a shot at it then get the heck off of my team.

The devs are not going to cater to the needs of players who have over a dozen ways to handle a problem and refuse to use them.

You cant adapt then go play My Little Pony.

ragjoymw3

there needs to be a game modes too suit all players, it cant be that hard to have a mode that suits everyone, ie ghost etc as it was and mode that suit those that want a more challenging game.

this game as it stands will imo kill future release sales as if only 50% at best are the only ones who can enjoy it then at some point people will say thanks but not for me.

i get it that many like it as it is but many liked it as it was so accomodate all not just the above average players.

my score in mw3 was in the top half a million with a k/d of 2.1 but im am a very poor tactical and skilled player but did put in stupid hours as i was laid up with a broken leg, i play dom mainly and either flag camp/protect or hard snipe flags and lead up areas.

ive never had more than 20 gun kills and i dont care about stats really but if i cant break even ish then it becomes no fun anymore and if all im there for is too boost good players ego then i will quit.

Tomnician

OP is one of those idiots that doesn't feel as thou shooting down UAV's is helpful. Yet complains about them.

If you had a good couple friends the enemy will never have UAV, but some people are to selfish to run with a launcher. (Un less of course all you do is snipe)

creaper21

Okay, you're the idiot here. You don't think I try that? Hell, there have been times where I shoot down 2 UAVs, but there are still some flying around(yes, I DO have a launcher on my class, since I don't really have a choice otherwise, one point wasted).

And even then, while you sit there looking for them in the sky, you're just an easy kill for anyone even remotely close to you. You may be too busy playing pacman to understand the problem or to care about the actual balance of the game, but it is a horrible idea anyways.

3 UAVs? Stop playing ground war! Anyways, if the enemies are on that much of a kill streak you have bigger problems...

There's a reason Counter-UAV is there, it blocks any number of UAVs at once... and no, that's not going to help you every time. What it really comes down to is that you're going to get used to it because there's no chance Treyarch is going to change it now. Use ghost, learn to trick people relying on UAVs by aim a gun at your last known position or just play with the knowledge thhat the enemies might know where you are.

Tomnician

OP is one of those idiots that doesn't feel as thou shooting down UAV's is helpful. Yet complains about them.

If you had a good couple friends the enemy will never have UAV, but some people are to selfish to run with a launcher. (Un less of course all you do is snipe)

BAREWarrior

Anyone consider just using a precious Perm Unlock token on it? I mean the game has been out for a while now and your just now complaining about ghost bein at lvl 55?

TheDonCartagena

I too don't understand why people are moaning about ghost being locked till lvl 55. Unlock it after entering first prestige and hey presto... you have it all the time. Problem solved.

ClipClamp

Um no learn to adapt and stop complaining because you can't camp successfully. WAH I am a camper and enemies can find me WAH that's what you sound like take your own advice and learn to adapt and stop complaining.