1 580 581 582 583 584 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,810. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Ss78_

maccabi wrote:

I've said it before a few times i really dont like or agree with geolocation for matchmaking its fundementally flawed.

Unlike mw3 I know exactly what the code is for the matchmaking in blops2 and I dislike that even more as it's throwing up some really iffy sessions for people.

ping/latency as a measuring stick is the only method of matchmaking that works cirrectly, granted in a listen server system like CoD has that has it's drawbacks to but in that case I would much prefer a matchmaking system based of latency and 1st party account information / stage one geolocation (country only) than the systems both games employ

Just a pity us mere mortals that use common sense, logic, and problem solving skills by using analytical  thoughts don't get to communicate with the devs.  It's impossible for their games to work right with the current matchmaking systems and refusal to implement dedis. If they don't want dedis then fine, tweak the listen server protocol to work within the right boundaries. I mean geez we might have to wait 30 secs omg wtf. Maybe it's a generation thing and they're just selling to the I want it now rush rush hurry hurry your life is over before you had time to think peeps.

• 5,811. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    DecisiveBlow

I'm assuming the network/hosting issues still plague this game? Need to shoot someone...

• 5,812. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

While I'm thinking about it Teanah, if you're still reading the thread anyway, can you ask the devs about something else regarding Infected:

It's become quite common-place for people to join the playlist, and then just set their controller down and go AFK. They never get kicked from the lobby because it auto-joins them into the match, and they take up a ton of room (sometimes 4 or 5 people in one lobby are AFK, sometimes more too) that could be used by people who are actually interested in playing.

Most of the people do this just to pad their W/L Ratio since you almost always win in Infected. If some kind of detector can be programmed in (something basic) that tells you when someone is AFK (let's say there hasn't been any button input for x minutes since they joined), it auto kicks them just as if they hadn't picked a class.

It gets annoying, especially when the person who is AFK gets infected first (which happens quite a bit), because then it forces one of the survivors to suicide and try to kill people just so the game progresses (and the person who suicides is usually myself).

Anyway, hopefully you guys can pass this on and at least get it looked at. The game would be much better if everyone who wasn't participating in the match just got kicked.

• 5,813. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Ss78_

I'm predicting a sudden upsurge in MW3 online players very soon. Don't downsize your servers just yet.

• 5,814. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

Ss78_ wrote:

I'm predicting a sudden upsurge in MW3 online players very soon. Don't downsize your servers just yet.

I actually haven't noticed a decrease of players really. I was online this morning and there was 160k people online, nearly 10k online in Infected too, which is just about the average I usually saw before BO2 was released.

• 5,815. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    JBurn244

I'm thinking of popping MW3 back in for giggles. something tells me it will seem like the land of milk and honey, where enemies die as they should.

Man as bad as this game has run for me in the past, it did improve for me over time. BO2 is nearly unbearable. I hope it smooths out at some point.

• 5,816. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

kastro187420 wrote:

While I'm thinking about it Teanah, if you're still reading the thread anyway, can you ask the devs about something else regarding Infected:

It's become quite common-place for people to join the playlist, and then just set their controller down and go AFK. They never get kicked from the lobby because it auto-joins them into the match, and they take up a ton of room (sometimes 4 or 5 people in one lobby are AFK, sometimes more too) that could be used by people who are actually interested in playing.

Most of the people do this just to pad their W/L Ratio since you almost always win in Infected. If some kind of detector can be programmed in (something basic) that tells you when someone is AFK (let's say there hasn't been any button input for x minutes since they joined), it auto kicks them just as if they hadn't picked a class.

It gets annoying, especially when the person who is AFK gets infected first (which happens quite a bit), because then it forces one of the survivors to suicide and try to kill people just so the game progresses (and the person who suicides is usually myself).

Anyway, hopefully you guys can pass this on and at least get it looked at. The game would be much better if everyone who wasn't participating in the match just got kicked.

People do get kicked if there is inactivity; now whether they're camping or not is another story

• 5,817. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that Candice updated the Patch notes for PC. You can find the details here: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200491978

Scroll to the bottom and look for PC patch 1.19

• 5,818. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

teanah wrote:

kastro187420 wrote:

People do get kicked if there is inactivity; now whether they're camping or not is another story

I think you misunderstand what I'm referring to. In infected, you can't be kicked for inactivity. The game auto-joins you into the match with a pre-set class. All too often you have people sitting in the lobby who never move, even if they're the first infected. These people are AFK but never get kicked for inactivity.

In regular game modes that's not a problem because if you don't pick a class within 1 minute you get kicked. In infected, you're automatically thrown into the game with a pre-set class, so there's no chance for them to be "kicked for inactivity".

I'm sure I'm probably not explaining it as best as I probably can. The most I can say is if you want to see it first hand, play Infected for an hour or so and you should run into some people who are AFK while playing. You'll see what I mean, especially if you get 3 or 4 people, sometimes more who are AFK, taking up room for people who might otherwise play normally.

• 5,819. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    mcdonamw

I know this isn't the correct forum to post anything about BO2, but this post is more of a question for the IW folk.

I'm monitoring David Vonderhaar's twitter and he's now responding to complaints of the ridiculous lag/lag comp in BO2, but his replies are strangely reminiscent of those from GHANDI... Supposedly, he needs videos to prove the lag issues.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Is there no communication between IW and Treyarch?  I really thought there was.  If anything, given how bad the lag issues are/were in MW3, I would expect IW to have shared the telemetry data they got to help their brethren not repeat the same mistakes.  Perhaps I'm wrong.