6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 6:09 PM by Hootymadman RSS

Well I tried....

Well I tried......playing MW3 is like pulling teeth....always loved the COD games but not now I'm walking away and cancelling my order for BO2. Reason not enough is getting done to help the genuine players of the game. Ive struggled getting to lvl 56 fighting against cheaters and to be honest not enjoyed it. That is the under lying problem 'Not enjoying it' steam has had long enough to sort or elimate a lot of whats going on, but have sat back and done sweet FA. They should be held accountable for allowing cheats to ruin our game in which we have paid good money. Well this is one customer who will not be buying any more !

• Re: Well I tried....
    chnsaw

I will not be buying the new game either, going to try Medal of Honor, although it may not be any better,I will not give anymore money to this franchise.

Just a quick question as a console/minimal PC player.

Is Steam really who should be held responsible? I'd figure IW made the game, Steam only sells it, but hey, I could be wrong.

No! you can get a copy from any PC shop, you can also download it from steam, and game and other online shops, The PC user has to have a steam account to play the game, as for anything else it's down to a lot of factors why they are so many hackers play the PC version of this game, and most can be layed at IW's doorstep.  I know I go on about Ranked Dedicated servers with PunkBuster and live admin, but that would have sorted most hackers out from day one....

CrapDuster

Yes dedicated servers are better but still only brings us a controlled cheat/hacker environment. (e.g. there are admins & clans who discreetely use aimbots to snap them to inbound targets & claim it's sound & skill.) We need better anticheat.. our community is filled with people selling cheats and other people buying cheats or using free cheats... WE NEED BETTER ANTI-CHEAT!!. not an admin claiming he's kicking cheaters "meanwhile" he's the best player in his server pwning everyone & snapping enemy to enemy thru walls & whatnot trying to claim it's not the aimbot cheat they sell on the net doing this every other killcam or kill (if your spectating)... better anti-cheat is the only real solution if any.

The plain truth may be that PC is for cheaters and can never be anything better. As i see it the  realistic/tweakable/slow aimbots have taken over FPS gaming. many are trying to use this cheat & say it's their own skill and many are believing it or maybe its just other cheaters agreeing, what ever the case it's a lame ****ing scene.

he

I have had it explained to me what a slow aim bot is, and what it looks like in the replay... but I can't see every PC gamer cheating, and yes you do get a few admin just banning players, who are better than them at the game, and to be honest this game is full of cheats, it may even be big brothers way of saying look we can't support the PC as it is so full of cheaters, notice I use the term cheaters as an hacker is some one who produces the cheat code and not some one who uses it.  and yes I still have the game installed in hope IW produce an anti cheat to rid the game of those cheaters, so true cod players can enjoy a game and have fun doing it.  I have moved back to cod 4 for now and may return to MW3 after the cheats have been sorted out.