5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 4:08 PM by firehawkshooter RSS

I will never buy another Treyarch game

Honestly, taking Nuketown away from people who preordered the game is the single slimiest thing I've seen this entire generation.  Even Capcom wouldn't stoop this low.  Usually I laugh at people who nerdrage over suing game developers, but this actually seems like a pretty clear case of false advertising and says something about the character of the people who run your firm.

• Re: I will never buy another Treyarch game
    SitRepPro

Well, is there legal redress in the US?  Sounds like they may have got people's money deceptively, which may be illegal.

I'll file a complaint with the BBB tomorrow, but I won't bother with legal action otherwise.  I'm 40 years old, $60 isn't that big a deal to me, and it isn't worth it to try to collect any damages.  But I'm ticked on the general principle of the thing, and I won't support a firm that engages in dishonest business practices, which means no more Treyarch games for me in the future. 

The thing is, if Nuketown 2025 had been advertised as a "Launch Week and Special Events" bonus from the start, I would have been fine with that and preordered anyway.  It's the outright lying that I'm mad about.

SitRepPro

Ajax35 wrote:

I'll file a complaint with the BBB tomorrow, but I won't bother with legal action otherwise.  I'm 40 years old, $60 isn't that big a deal to me, and it isn't worth it to try to collect any damages.  But I'm ticked on the general principle of the thing, and I won't support a firm that engages in dishonest business practices, which means no more Treyarch games for me in the future. 

The thing is, if Nuketown 2025 had been advertised as a "Launch Week and Special Events" bonus from the start, I would have been fine with that and preordered anyway.  It's the outright lying that I'm mad about.

I agree totally.  I was going to get it preordered (Amazon sucked so I got it at a supermarket for cheaper and it was preorder stock so got Nuketown 2025) but it's the principle.  I used to hate Nuketown when I first played BO1 and it wasn't until I got real good at Dome on MW3 that I could do well in Nuketown.

I think part of these bad businesses practices are a symptom of a monopoly that COD has in terms of rival comeptition by sales etc.  There are plenty of alternative decent shooters out there so I'll be exploring since I mainly get COD to play with friends as it's the common denomintor game.

I'm in England so I'm not totally familiar with US laws but I last I read they appear to be better than my own jurisdiction's.  No idea how well they are enforced though.

for real !!!!!!, i only bought the game because i loved nuketown so much in black ops

firehawkshooter

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Nuketown 2025 became a part of a DLC pack.

It's truly surprising that Treyarch (which I believed to be superior to Infinity Ward for a long time) would stoop to this level of lying and business. I purchased the Hardened Edition of the game and I'm thoroughly angered by the fact that Treyarch decided to include Nuketown Zombies in the Season Pass (scam #1). Then, they surprised us again by removing Nuketown 2025 from the playlist (scam #2).

Not impressed.