46 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2013 8:02 AM by EmiliozGunz RSS

Cannot connect to the Black ops 2 Multiplayer

Hello there everyone.  I'm here to tell "Activision" that I cannot connect to the servers on multiplayer or the servers.  I was able to connect after launch day, the next day; didn't work.  I was very angry about this.  I had tried calling activision and they shut down their phone services, maybe due to massive calling. I opened ports and still did not work. 

I really need this to be fixed.  I purchased a 60$ game that doesn't work for multiplayer.  It's like giving my money away for free. 

If anyone has this issue, please comment what issues are occuring to you. 

I've been missing out with my friends, they always invite me, but what do I do?  Nothing because I can't connect online!!!  I checked my router it's alright.

If you're making us do all these things, you're wrong because you guys created this game so we can play, not to follow someone's instructions. 

If anyone knows how to fix this issue, message me on youtube. 

The name is Lazy6uy.

Thanks you and fix it!!!

• Re: Cannot connect to the Black ops 2 Multiplayer

I have the exact same issue in its getting on my nerves!that Treyarch and Activision arent fixing this by now!!!

each time i go into MP/ZM and try to connect  i keep getting an error message  saying
    "The Call of Duty:Black Ops II server is not available at this time. Please try again later"

It very fraustuating that they keep telling us that its our router to open up the ports for it and all this bs!

When its none of that because i played on launch day and the 2nd day and now i keep getting this **** error!

I have already done all of the above ! i have checked my router for the thousand time and its fine!

i can play all other games except this Peice of ****!

Plz Fix IT!!!!!!

Foxhound-Pro

Which console?

If PS3, then please post here: http://community.callofduty.com/message/413563787#413563787

I've already tried this.  Though, if you must know; here you go. 

Ps3 type- Slim Not the new version of 2012

No modifications done to my console.

I get Server unavailable at Zombies and Multiplayer menus

I'm in the US + the blu-ray code I do not know...

That's all. 

I'm very irritated that I couldn't play, yet I still can't.

It is ridiculous it worked for 1 hour on Wednesday now it has stopped. Every time I try to get online on Zombies or multiplayer it says the servers are unavailable and to check the status of them.

I check the status and the servers are fine.

I have missed out on double xp weekend, which is why I pre-ordered. Treyarch haven't done anything to fix it.

This is definitely the worst Call of Duty release ever.

I would like a code for double xp. I have missed out on playing with my friends.

James

PSN : molerider

Me the same. From Tuesday that I can't play. My nat is open but always the same server error. My ports are opened. All of my firends are playing less me. Give us any solutions  activition please we wanna play. No multilayer neither zombies.

Dis_SlyGuy_Vee

the same **** is happing to me i cant take this anymore, missing out of double xp weekend, and watching all my friends inviting me is so stressfull.

yep trying to get on right now, guys in the top right on multi screen whats your number is it 20.0.-1? they really need to fix this after £40!!

So I guess everyone is just screwed because there doesn't seem to be much of a response or answer from Activision, maybe they got their money and don't care that much about some grumbling from people, I don't know but this really sucks.

Just started happening to me last night.  today can't connect at all but my son's ps3 is connecting. We are obviously using the same modem so it's not my network.  After looking online at all these posts I would expect Treyarch or Activision to respond! (some date back a month or more). So, hello...customer support!? Are you at least going to respond?  Blizzard does a better job than this.

Just started happening to me last night.  today can't connect at all but my son's ps3 is connecting. We are obviously using the same modem so it's not my network.  After looking online at all these posts I would expect Treyarch or Activision to respond! (some date back a month or more). So, hello...customer support!? Are you at least going to respond?  Blizzard does a better job than this.

They are just idiot they have massive amount of money but they cant even fix a server problem everyone bought this game for the multiplayer feature. But none of us can play it. I hope they fix this fast.

Hey, for anyone still having issues connecting to black ops 2 multiplayer, check out this method of fixing the issue. Doesn't work all the time but its worth a shot. http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/call-duty-black-ops-2-discussion/603700-how- fix-black-ops-2-server-error-message.html#post4837714

Same is happening to me on Xbox... I try connecting.. Dosent work. I found out thats its some kind of update for me because thats when it started not being able to work. Theres no way for me to bypass it and go to multiplayer but you can delete the update. Theres really no reason for me to post how to delete the update because its not going to help at all... They need to fix this problem as soon as possible because im starting to get annoyed and my break is over soon.

the thing is i cant really play any games online, i tried black ops 1, black ops 2, max payne, halo reach, crysis 2, and none of them work, and the error is allways the same, i get disconnect from xbox live...

So i dont know but i only can play battlefield 3, so if was from my isp, i wouldnt been able to play battlefield either, i never had any problems with my isp or rooter/modem, i played all this games with the same internet connection....

this problems started after the last dashboard update from microsoft, maybe is a xbox live thing????

Anyone can tell me if can play other games online in xbox please????

THX... i dont know what to think annymore, if its the game, or live, or network connection....im loosing hope here

Me and my brother recently bought our own copies of the game and neither of the games work it just comes up something like "Notice unable to connect........check callofduty.com/blackops2/status for updates" So I did aparently its all works fine!! NO it doesn't! Messaged them and awaiting a reply.. but funny fact my other brother who also lives at home has a xbox and purchased the game, works fine! Irritating....

Played for 8 days on xbox...then the game froze..had to restart..havent been able to join since??Somthing about the server i was in.. still thinks im on it...??

Played for 8 days on xbox...then the game froze..had to restart..havent been able to join since??Somthing about the server i was in.. still thinks im on it...??

Having the EXACT same issue. Tried everything listed online and nothing. Called activision and they have a "High call volume so they have closed for the day". wtf customer service is that!

Oh and here's the most annoying part. My girlfriend is in the next room on the other playstation playing away! Tried her account on my playstation and it works fine yet mine won't work on BOTH playstations. It's not a PS or Internet issue obviously. It's an issue with activisions servers!

ilHaving the EXACT same issue. Tried everything listed online and nothing. Called activision and they have a "High call volume so they have closed for the day". What kind of customer service is that!!!

Oh and here's the most annoying part. My girlfriend is in the next room on the other playstation playing away! Tried her account on my playstation and it works fine. Also tried my roommates account on both playstations and his works without a hitch. Yet my account (SILENTNIGHT45) won't work on BOTH playstations! It's not a PS or Internet issue obviously. It's an issue with activisions servers!

WHAT THE **** ACTIVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!

im having the exact problem man....i wish i didnt buy this crap for a hundred bucks

K I THINK I GOT IT FIX SO HEAR ME OUT k so i had the black ops is not available at this time go to cod status for update thing come up  for 3 day and check be for doing this and it was not working still so went CAZY so went to my  internet spot in the basemaent( mind u i use the internet all way upstairs 3 floor house.. long cable all tho) and looking at my router and modem  and come to a idea leave my internet router downstairs and bring my modem upstairs to my room and hook it up...  find that i have to power to main internet port on back of the modem (light didnt come ON)....so i again i go CAZY WTF ...... AGAIN back downstair i go start looking again and come across a internet ethernet cable adapter modem looking thing i his 8 so i start pluging in the internet ethernet cable from router then hook up  my modem from upstairs then ran back up stairs and found that my internet is working  then BOOM I GOT IT went on COD black ops 2 no more error  loged in no problem so the story of this is that i think we need internet ethernet adapter for tho who has the internet all over the house

THIS is what i have  http://s2.postimage.org/3qg66wzix/rsz_img_0544_1.jpg   its NWT FX-08ec thats

all is say on it by the way its the little one

hope this helps see guys on  online

My problem is when I go online and try to find a game I can never find a game, it just says analysing match 0 of 14 and I never find a game

I solved a similar issue but it may not work for everyone. I was constatly getting the generic 'severs not available' message but on rare occasisons was able to get online (roughly < 1% tries)

Read loads about it online but didn't find a fix so I started messing about with settings and this is what worked.

On the PS3 I did a custom setup of my network connection so I could configure everything myself, I put in the ip (which i had configured to be static and in DMZ mode on my router) and selected UPnP to be 'unavailable' (I also turned off UPnP in the router settings, im not sure if that matters though).

Since then Ive been able to connect with no issue.

This wont work for everyone as the 'servers not available' message covers a whole load of issues.

I also have this problem, and is very annoying. One day I could play for 5 hours straight, but after that day, I haven't been able to play a full game since and gives me the same error message every time. Sometimes, I'm not even in a lobby or a game and it drops me from the server. Activision needs to fix this problem ASAP, I want to enjoy playing this game, but it's simply not possible with this issue. But the weird thing is that most of my friends who play this game do not have the issue. It's a complete waste of money for a game that doesn't even work online.

January 31, 2013 Update for Multiplayer and Zombies

• "Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any ”

In multiplayer mode click on online and then press "S" and set the connection type to any.This has worked for me.

I'm having the same issue what I do is keep trying log out of the game and log back in tha works but stil a pain in the but.

Elijah2343

It only does that a few times. I was playing Black Ops 1 with my friend and all of a sudden it said I cannot go on the multiplayer. I asked my friend if that happened to him and he said yes so we waited 1 hour an I played with bots ( Not online ) and multiplayer went back on. They were probaly updating something. Give it time. I hava a Ps3. And 1 thing. Black Ops 2 freezes a lot when I play online for some reason. It freezes my Ps3. Probally a glitch in the game. I just bought the game. Not scratched.

Is happening to me now idk y

i dont know what is going on but its really getting on my nerves i thought that because mabye i had a weak connection so i started playing with a cable and everything was ok but now i just installed new wires in my place and my routers right next to the device it wont let me play multiplayer is really is getting on my nerves does anyone know what that is about i can connect to live but not to the game it always says servers are unavalible know please check the website .......

if anyone knows please help because i dont know what to do

thanks

dendorre

try to start a lan party with bots -- play a match than try again to connect online it should help

MRBLACKDJ

same to me dud,cant play online and join it give this fffking message,by the way actvision has retarded back in quality dont know why .....

CHILLBRO_ITSCOLD

One thing you can try is to check that you haven't just got a load of things connected to your internet service. For me I have 12 applications which use my internet, when it can only hold up to 5.

I, for a start, was actually alright with the conncection to multiplayer, until a new game mode, 'Arms Race' was released. This took about half and hour to install, and then the whole connection literally didn't work after 3/5 games. In them three/five games I played on Arms Race and got a Lodestar's worth in all games. This was crazy, but now this connection is now even crazier.

Suppose, if I was online, I would definitely only play Arms Race. I don't know long it lasts for, but a Lodestar w/ Hardline takes only 8 kills to get. In the three games I got about 8000-14000xp each. On average I would play about 10 games a day, so in a day I should have got 80000-140000xp. And for Lodestars, I would have got between 8-10 a day.

I reckon everyone should calculate their last 3 games average xp. Also how many times they would have earnt their highest scorestreak. All we have to do after that is wait for Activision or Treyarch to get their backsides off the chair and start working properly again!

I can't believe they are making Ghosts (from what I've heard, it's actually one game to be looking out for) but they haven't solved even the lag, never mind actually solving the actual connection!

The history of Black Ops II: LAG, LAG, LAG, STOP.

cheesejam

I know! i have the exact same problem. i get the same message. i can play other games online like MW2 or Uncharted but Black ops1,Black ops 2, MW3 dosent work! My router is fine.

No problems with the router.I just want to play Black ops2 Online please Help!!

JohnnyTheNinja

i have the say thing to but for pc and the worst part my option button any time i click it its just saying loading i left it there for an hour and it still say loading

PHOENIXFLOPPY

I cannot play any other game mode other than TDM, it sucks its the other 1 like the least, any ideas people?