9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 6:59 PM by Clark-Kent RSS

Fall out shelter Nuketown zombies...

So, any theories out there on how to open the fall out shelter doors?  I know this idea has been discussed before but I haven't seen any recent posts on this topic since the games release.  Any ideas?  

• Re: Fall out shelter Nuketown zombies...
    sunburntnudist

I was testing out some things today. I did verify that getting the 3 Teddy Bears starts the Samantha's Lullaby, and I also verified that shooting off all the mannequin heads starts the techno song (not sure of the title). I also found that kniving the fallout shelter starts someone voice(s) but I couldnt understand what was said.
    My original theory was that something would happen when you had the ticker at 00 (which means the clock is also at 0) but in my solo run, I couldn't find anything more after that.

Some other small things I noticed was that the electric power box to the right of the yellow house blows up when you shoot it, also the TV in the green house looks very suspicious to me. Also the hanging bicycle in the yellow house... whats up with that?

Also, after playing some more I did find the voice in the shelter varies. I heard a female voice saying something to the effect of "ugh, it's ruined!" and a male saying something like "that's not a reason to..."

ive noticed a few things, but im not sure if they are part of an easter egg or if the just simply hapen to be there for no reason. Number 1 at the beginning of the match the door of the fallout shelter is clear and nothing is in front of it. However for some strange reason later on in the match a manniquin was in front of the door, but i don't know what could have triggered its apperance. Number 2 The Generator outside in the main area can be shot and it sparks ( Some people say it blows up, but i think it just saw a spark not an explosion). Number 3 The Countdown Welcome to Nuketown Sign isn't connected to when the perks fall off the big cloud. ( At first i thought it was suppose to reach Zero before some item fell from the cloud, but i guess that's not the case. As perks fall at random times) Number 4 When looking at the Nuketown Sign if you look up you can see a clock which i guess moves to indicate some event and Lastly, shoot off the heads of all the manniquins i don't know if this has anything to do with the easter egg or not, but those are just some of the things i have noticed that might do anything.

Well there was a EE in Black ops 1 on the Nuketown map so that would be the first thing I would think of which would be releated to a new EE on this map.  Also, as silly as it sounds how would a small town be devastated in such a way & the manniquins still be intact.  Head & all.  So, they have to be part of the EE & what about those neatly stacked boxes with the jars on top?  Is that where perk machines drop?  There has too be a way to extend the map ( open fences, open the fall out shelter door.) .  Remember when the advertisement for Nuketown zombies was released & it shows a 01 on the Nuketown sign?  Well, I believe it correlates  with that meter reading 01, something with the manniquin heads & the countdown clocks & possibly the jars on top of the stacked boxes.  I have to play it more b/c I work alot & don't really get to play it too much.  Still confused why the possibility of a bigger / secret EE isn't being discussed on this forum?  

Nice...Keep searching, I know there's something out there on that map.  It's pretty obvious.  Like I said before there's probably a good reason why in the Nuketown zombies advertisement why the only showed 01 on popualtion sign.  Probably need that number to open up the fall out shelter or extend the map in such a way...

Through many plays i have found that if you make the counter hit zero the shelter makes a click noise (as if to unlock it ) but nothing else i think (as the theme tends to be with tranzit) that you need to create a collection of happenings to actually open it and also where the is the pack a punch?

Ricktamland

I swear that bubblegum on the comic in the loading screen is a secret perk. Why else would it be there? It's so random. And it says 5 cents like the other perks usually say.

I was hitting the box inthe back of the house on the opposite side of the yard as the shelter, and i loked over to see the bunker door closing.