7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 5:59 PM by Hamster_Botherer RSS

Dedicated servers

After all the problems with mw3 and black ops 2 and seeing as how they just can't wait to tell us about all the hundreds of millions they've made on launch day alone, isn't it about time they solved the majority of everyones problems and invested some of their ill gotten gains in some dedicated servers?  Wouldn't it be nice to feel like you're getting the same deal as those on pc, less lag/lag compensation, no host migration, stable connection? I know I miss playing on the 50 player servers I used to back in the days of cod4.  They've proved they can afford it, isn't it now time to start giving back instead of take, take, take?

• Re: Dedicated servers
    barneykiller

Dedicated servers will NEVER happen. N-E-V-E-R. Dedicated servers are meant for PC plus Activision would have to buy tons of them for the millions of people playing. Keep dreaming bud.

BanHaMMer

barneykiller wrote:

Dedicated servers will NEVER happen. N-E-V-E-R. Dedicated servers are meant for PC plus Activision would have to buy tons of them for the millions of people playing. Keep dreaming bud.

Not so, Sony Exclusives run Dedicated Servers with in-game Moderation and maintenance once a week.

But your right, Activision won't do it. "G" made an interesting Thread on this subject. If I can find it, I will link it here.

ChestSplittah

barneykiller wrote:

Fail. Battlefield runs on dedis.

Tactical_Power

battlefield hosts less players. but i do agree that cod would still be profitable for them if the gave us our own servers for at least a year. i know they would suck up more of rival fps customers if they only invested in making their product as functional as possible.

Yeah i wish they would add dedicated servers.. if they had it in the past they should have it now.. i mean all that money they're making its pretty pathetic.. That till today theyre still using peer to peer netcode.. lol CoD games has always been lag switchers dream..

hyper72

We dont need  dedicated servers all we need is get rid of lag compensation thats the only thing ruining my game play so im not 1or 2 seconds behind the person im shooting.

Well, with dedicated servers lag correction would be at a minimum and everything game based will be worked out server side and not on your poor little playstation which was never really designed to do such a thing AND there'd be no reason for replays not to be recorded in theatre mode any more.