48 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 12:28 AM by chuba2 RSS

Error; Disconnected due to bad client

Hello everyone.

Since today, my game crashes after 5 - 10 minutes of playing. This message pops up:

Error

Disconnected due to bad client

Anybody has an idea what this could be? Never had it before.

It seems it appeared after the MW3 update, but i'm not sure about that.

Regards.

Prayno

• Re: Error; Disconnected due to bad client
    Datastorm

I am getting it too. It was caused by the last update. I played earlier this morning and everything was fine. Then the update, now I get 2 mins in the game and get that error.

I almost think it is their way to make people play BO2. I on the otherhand may just go get BF3 if they can't fix this.

Same scenario happens to me. Playing for 2-5 minutes and "Disconnected due to bad client."

This did not happen yesterday, and I have downloaded an update for MW3 today, and this most likely is the problem.

this game is becoming more and more difficult to play. if not some chaters, unable to migrate host then you get this. pethetic.

also the fact that they put you in the end of the game.

they should either change jobs or do some proper work.

Same here, started after update. Not cool, i don't suppose it will be fixed quickly as they will be concentrating on the new black ops

nollynag

Same here I thought it was my computer at first going to verify my game cache and see if that solves it.

No it did not but I found this info.

The latest PC patch includes added security measures to prevent our legitimate players from matching with players that are known cheaters and hackers.

Every time a legitimate player automatically quits a lobby or game due to a bad host or client they will receive a message.

For example:

"Disconnected due to bad client"

This means that we've prevented continuing play where some players had an unfair advantage (aka hackers). These players are also reported and banned when appropriate.

We believe that our legitimate players should only be matched with others that play without cheats/hacks. We realize that this may cause some issues in the short term as we begin to find and ban the bad players.

Please be patient as we let the system do its job, which is to provide you with a fair and balanced multiplayer experience as it was intended by our designers.

Some of this makes no sense. We are not receiving these messages when we quit a lobby or game. Only while in game playing. We get disconnected and then this pops up.

So every game I have tried to play (around 20) has had a cheater in it?Great.

majicninja1

The error Disconnected due to bad client is because there was a hacker in the server. read the letter.

Same here after update..Did anybody tried to get an official answer?

I get the same problem since the last update!

Ordered BO2, but it hasn't arrived at my home yet!

Can't they just fix the damn problem?

Very very bad!

This happens to me also. Playing for 2-5 minutes and "Disconnected due to bad client. All happend after ubdate. what wecan do now?

This happens to me also. Playing for 2-5 minutes and "Disconnected due to bad client. All happened after update. what we cam do now?

i010101uk

Why not kick the hacker? Or am I asking a dumb question!

Getting kicked out of games suddenly for "bad" client. Played earlier, and these little kids (or unemployed bums that act like little kids) reported me for "hacking". Clearly I was not (deviousrambler on youtube, currently uploading). I knew I couldn't be the only one in this situation. You would think they (game developers) would check running processes or something, but instead they let little kids and unitelligent scumbags report legitimate players, and now I can no longer play for more than a few minutes. /endrant

http://youtu.be/EkGCjDsqYDY

Message was edited by: DeviousRambler

VIKING.exe

Same problem here!

Same here. I can't play game, client disconnects every time. This is bullshit. If the plan is to do something like this why do I have to waste my time searching for an answer instead of being told? This is why I will not buy another version of any of these games. I may as well wait until the price drops and I will have the same issues I do now. At least I can play the main game at a cheaper price.How to not keep customers....

Same here. I can't play game, client disconnects every time. This is bullshit. If the plan is to do something like this why do I have to waste my time searching for an answer instead of being told? This is why I will not buy another version of any of these games. I may as well wait until the price drops and I will have the same issues I do now. At least I can play the main game at a cheaper price.How to not keep customers....

Same here. I can't play game, client disconnects every time. This is bullshit. If the plan is to do something like this why do I have to waste my time searching for an answer instead of being told? This is why I will not buy another version of any of these games. I may as well wait until the price drops and I will have the same issues I do now. At least I can play the main game at a cheaper price. How to not keep customers....

So.... basically they don't even attempt to fix the cheating problem until 1 year later when they have already released an updated version of the same game.... and their solution is to kick the non-hacking players? Old Infinity Ward, you are missed. Activision, start your search for another franchise to bury into the ground.

So.... basically they don't even attempt to fix the cheating problem until 1 year later when they have already released an updated version of the same game.... and their solution is to kick the non-hacking players? Old Infinity Ward, you are missed. Activision, start your search for another franchise to bury into the ground.

Sorry for the multiple posts...when I tried to post here it kept giving me an error that post failed even though it looks like it did not. And it looks like I am not the only one this happened to.

The performance of the activision team is completely disgraceful. If this is caused by anti-cheat software, as another user has said, we wait this long for decent anti-cheat features, and this is what we get. Even in games where it appears that no one is cheating, everyone is kicked. I haven't been able to finish even one out of the last 12 full length games.

And where is the official response? Hush hush. This is absolute garbage.

after the last update mw3, is falling every 5 or 7 min. MSG: "disconnect due to bad customer." what to do?

Same bloody problem today. Been in about 15 games everyone "disconnected due to bad client" bs. I read on another forum, even if you don't hack personally you can be kicked if it believes the host is hacking or if other people in the game are hacking. The last update did it which I received this morning. Wish I new what it was updating but steam does it automatically. Pissed off becuse I've got Black Ops 2 and it the worst multiplayer game I've ever played. Fix it Activision...

same sh*t...disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.... and so on...

DogShot

This is friggin ****.

8 games today, 8 boots from games, and NONE of the games had anyone hacking whatsoever.

i honestly dont even understand how this crap is working.... if someone leaves halfway through a game, does it just end the game because it thinks someone must be hacking??

majicninja1

P2P authentication checks Update has arrived in MW3

Hey everyone -

The latest PC patch includes added security measures to prevent our legitimate players from matching with players that are known cheaters and hackers.

Every time a legitimate player automatically quits a lobby or game due to a bad host or client they will receive a message.

For example:

This means that we've prevented continuing play where some players had an unfair advantage (aka hackers). These players are also reported and banned when appropriate.

We believe that our legitimate players should only be matched with others that play without cheats/hacks. We realize that this may cause some issues in the short term as we begin to find and ban the bad players.

Please be patient as we let the system do its job, which is to provide you with a fair and balanced multiplayer experience as it was intended by our designers.

DogShot

yes yes we've all read that.

So everytime i get kicked is it because someone IS using a hack? has a cracked version of the game? has hacks installed on their computer?

and why boot the legitimate players?? if there is a way to detect hacks like this patch supposedly can, they why not just kick them?

pretty fking poorly implemented and a LONG way too late.

They are trying to kick us off the old servers, so that they can retire them.

They are trying to kick us off the old servers, so that they can retire them.

chuba2

Message from Candy

For example:

its so f annoying play when u get kicked off.. and then u have to go another server and play there like 3min and get kicked again... So booring.... Its good that ur trying get the hackers off but this thing doenst work.. try to make that patch to only hackers or something like cs got go console and people can kick that ahole... or some vote system or something... this thing wont work

Dear children of this forum,

You are all so retarded. First you whine about how they will NEVER do anything, they just want our money and dont care about anything else. Now when you are proved wrong, they actually released a anticheat patch, you immediately look for something new to whine about. You are a pathetic disgrace. Releasing a patch via steam costs 30-40,000 USD, do you think they do it for the fun of it?

If you could read you would have seen that they wrote that they will prevent any playing bewtween noncheaters and known cheaters, hence everyone is kicked from the game. The cheaters are automatically reported and banned. This will cause a lot of stopped matches in the short run when there is a lot of cheaters playing, but as they are banned this will get better and better. So when you experience you are getting kicked out every game despite not cheating you might get an idea about how many cheaters there actually are in the game. And the cheater will get into a new game again and again until they are banned.

I suggest you whiners grow up or at least try to act like you are more then a spoiled ten year old kid.

There's always one that has to add there 2 cents worth. I'm entitled to friggin ask a question without being patronised. Grow up and stop trolling like a 12 year old. I'm glad we got a response now I know what is going on. I like to have a game occasionally after working a 40 hour week if that's alright with you, and I don't need to read insulting patheic responses from some immature know it all when I have a question.

just to let you know, not every one is geting kicked off the game. i was kicked and then i was able to reconected to the same game 3 time but i was the only one getting kicked, and please explain to me how i can connect to a game halfway in game play and people have any thing from 10 to 20 kills and the same on death. so your comment saying every one is geting kicked is incorect. All we want is a proper answer from Activision

slayer247

cheatersuck you are an idiot,they are not automatically banning hackers,not sure where you read that,but maybe you should have someone else read it for you and explain it to you.The game is garbage now and your a moron.I have also been kicked and got back into the same exact lobby just like others on here have stated and the people all have their same score.As for acting like spoiled 10 yr olds or growing up,if your game name is the same name you have on these forums,you really are not one to talk about whiners.I have played against some loser with your same name and if you get your ass whooped you cry hacker the whole game so shove your opinions up your A$$ if you can fit them in there next to your head.

cheatersucks you are ignorant. Do you know what that word means? Go look it up you tool.

I have the same problem as above. Im to the point now if any of my friend ask me about this game Ill will tell them to stay clear of this game do to the lack of support.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

Modern warfare 3 go to trash....I hate activision

Pandemona

hi my prob is the same fault where the other guys -.-

3 rounds are all ok dont disconnect's and than 1-2 rounds i dc with bad client .... -.- what are now the faluet ?? is this my client or waht ever ???? was a hacker in this lobby ???

i use the FoV is this now a cheat or what?

Sorry, but this fix isn't stopping wallhackers or aimbots. Today I had just a game like the old day's... Full of cheaters (they are no hackers, but only users with no hacking skills with a program they buy). So we are back at square one!

i think they have fixed it. there was a small update and now i have not been kicked off a game, i have played 5 games in a row

chuba2

THEY HAVE ROLLED US BACK!

Confirmation from Candy on Twitter.

C-Dawg [C-F] @ChubaDawg

@candyslexia We have tested the theory that we get disconnected due to cheaters with 4 clan members all legit players in a 2v2 match, we still get kicked.

C-Dawg [C-F] @ChubaDawg

@candyslexia as we played a game with only four members and all are legit, why did the patch kick us if all of us are clean?

Candice Capen @candyslexia

@ChubaDawg we've rolled back the patch while we work out this issue