12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 5:25 AM by callofdy RSS

Disconnected due to bad client

Hi,

Since the update I just got now, after like 2 - 5 minutes of playing multiplayer I get kicked out of the game with the message:

Disconnected due to bad client.

I have never before got this error but I keep getting it repeatedly now.

Please look into it!

Thanks.

• Re: Disconnected due to bad client

same here~! please fix it ;~;

I am having the same problam. Can you please fix this and let us now that you are doing somthing about it. I am finding this very annoying

nollynag

I found this info.

The latest PC patch includes added security measures to prevent our legitimate players from matching with players that are known cheaters and hackers.

Every time a legitimate player automatically quits a lobby or game due to a bad host or client they will receive a message.

For example:

"Disconnected due to bad client"

This means that we've prevented continuing play where some players had an unfair advantage (aka hackers). These players are also reported and banned when appropriate.

We believe that our legitimate players should only be matched with others that play without cheats/hacks. We realize that this may cause some issues in the short term as we begin to find and ban the bad players.

Please be patient as we let the system do its job, which is to provide you with a fair and balanced multiplayer experience as it was intended by our designers.

Same thing here after update, did anybody tried toget an official answer?

boyhengeveld

Same here, i've played 5 matches in a row. Got kicked out of all of them

Ditto.  Please help!

I totally agree that the cheating player should be banished and KICKED out of the game. this is most annoying. I get this message every other time I play.
    It shows how many rotten eggs there are out there cheating, I don't even bother to report them anymore..

If this approach eliminates the cheaters I might continue to play the game when the worst has blown over.

as it is now its too frustrating with the pre-terminating games (I mean -who wants to spend all that  time in the game lobby)

Hopefully activision removes cheaters from ranking when banning

I will tell you guys what is the purpose of this error/update. They force you to forget about MW3 and buy Black Ops 2. That is right, the company does not give a **** about legit players and our complains regarding cheaters. For nearly a year MW3 was REALLY FULL of cheaters and none patch, none of our reports has changed it. Why? Because they do not care about us. They only care about their profit, and want you to buy their new product, which now is Bops2. Why this mysterious patch, which is going to prevent all cheats, has been released so late? It has been released few days after premiere of Bops2. Because it's purpose is not like they say, but it's purpose is to harden playing MW3.

Such a wonderful game is ruined by cheaters and businessmen who do not care about their customers, but only their profit.

My above opinion is motivated by the fact that I personally reported many many cheaters providing recordings of game and this changed NOTHING! For example cheater with nick I AM (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064134457/). This guy has really powerful cheats like WH, aimbot, godmode, inf.ammo. I reported him 5 or more times during couple of months. I believe that many other players reported him hundreds times.This guy still plays, still cheats and still laughs at us (honestly saying did not see him for a while, maybe he is sick or something). And company still does not give a ****. I don't know, maybe he is a nephew of vice president or of head developer or something. Or mayby, which is much more possible... game producers do not care.

back to normal.

not being kicked and full of cheaters