1 2 3 4 Previous Next 109 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2013 4:53 AM by Bielsalmighty Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 10. Re: Vonderhaar wants videos re the lag...
    CODRocks131

After watching some of the videos being tagged to his official twitter account, it makes me feel going knowing that I am not alone in how unplayable this game is. Some of those video's are un real and they show exacly what it is im going through. I dont know how to due the video thing but with I could post some of what I go through. I hopoe these videos open their eyes because until it does and they fix it, im not buying a single map pack and I wont be on-line to play. No sense to play a game when all it does is cause frustration. Games are supposed to be fun and this game is broken to the max. Hardcore is 100% unplayable, and core is about 75% unplayable. I am not afraid to admit that im not the best player, but I am a decent player. I will give respect to being gun down just out of pure skill, but I have no respect for a game that wont even let me defend my self. If I am creeping with my sight aimed down and the enemy walks right in front of my sights looking a different direction, I will fire getting multiple hit markers only to fall over dead instantly with no enemy shots being fired and him still looking the wrong direction. On his kill cam shows hit turning the corner looking dead at me and firing shots killing me quickly and me not firing a single shot. Thats garbage lag comp. COD used to be straight up fun, now it's straight up frustration and no fun. The only thing me and my friends play now is Zombies and campaign.

• 11. Re: Vonderhaar wants videos re the lag...

D3adlyg0d wrote:

This is almost impossible.  As we all know when we watch the replays of the gun fights they don't really describe what really happened in real time.   Sometimes they don't even show me shooting when I know I was shooting and the guy turns around and panicshot me twice in the leg and I die.

Your 'real time' is your 'real time' - whatever you do on your screen should be replayed on the screen in the killcam.

If it doesn't, then you've been cheated.

Are you suggesting that 'real time' is something other than what we are seeing on our screens? And if so, what are we supposed to do to play accurately in this version of 'real time', guess? Or call in a clairvoyant?

Your post is actually EXACTLY the point of what I'm saying.

It's about end user experience and what we see simply aint what we're getting!

• 12. Re: Vonderhaar wants videos re the lag...
    rjs281

Someone send this. i am not on twitter. this shows it real well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=if1SmCm4bxo#!

• 13. Re: Vonderhaar wants videos re the lag...
    WolfRidge

rjs281 wrote:

Someone send this. i am not on twitter. this shows it real well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=if1SmCm4bxo#!

Done it for ya

It's really easy to get a twitter account, it also seems to be the preferred method of communication for the Developers

• 14. Re: Vonderhaar wants videos re the lag...

CODRocks131 wrote:

After watching some of the videos being tagged to his official twitter account, it makes me feel going knowing that I am not alone in how unplayable this game is. Some of those video's are un real and they show exacly what it is im going through. I dont know how to due the video thing but with I could post some of what I go through. I hopoe these videos open their eyes because until it does and they fix it, im not buying a single map pack and I wont be on-line to play. No sense to play a game when all it does is cause frustration. Games are supposed to be fun and this game is broken to the max. Hardcore is 100% unplayable, and core is about 75% unplayable. I am not afraid to admit that im not the best player, but I am a decent player. I will give respect to being gun down just out of pure skill, but I have no respect for a game that wont even let me defend my self. If I am creeping with my sight aimed down and the enemy walks right in front of my sights looking a different direction, I will fire getting multiple hit markers only to fall over dead instantly with no enemy shots being fired and him still looking the wrong direction. On his kill cam shows hit turning the corner looking dead at me and firing shots killing me quickly and me not firing a single shot. Thats garbage lag comp. COD used to be straight up fun, now it's straight up frustration and no fun. The only thing me and my friends play now is Zombies and campaign.

What's happening here is that the lag comp being applied to you is rewinding your view of your opponent by a very small amont of time (under half a second). The kicker here is that you are where he see's you and he is actually (say) half a second ahead of where you see him (this accounts for the huge knife lunges too btw).

This is why often you will be shot dead the split second an enemy appears on your screen, as he's already had a good 1/4 to 1/2 a second to line you up and start shooting, before he's even come into your view on your screen.

So while you are trying to shoot him, you are most likely already dead. The inconsistencies and jittery gameplay that is experienced while all this is going on is basically the result of two differing 'timelines' coming together at one single point in time (ie the gunfight), with the system trying to smooth things out.

There ya go, that's how it works...

• 16. Re: Vonderhaar wants videos re the lag...
    CODRocks131

Makes a lot of sense. thank you

• 17. Re: Vonderhaar wants videos re the lag...

cuddlemonster69 wrote:

One of the best examples ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2XNQJH8Lfg&feature=youtu.be

Brilliant, that's what we need.

Can you (or someone) make sure this gets tweeted to DV please?

• 18. Re: Vonderhaar wants videos re the lag...

CODRocks131 wrote:

Makes a lot of sense. thank you

Always happy to enlighten the frustrated...

• 19. Re: Vonderhaar wants videos re the lag...

Thats where i actually got it from. I should have said that. I guess i wanted to show people that hes getting the right kinds of videos sent to him.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next