1 581 582 583 584 585 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,820. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

mcdonamw wrote:

I know this isn't the correct forum to post anything about BO2, but this post is more of a question for the IW folk.

I'm monitoring David Vonderhaar's twitter and he's now responding to complaints of the ridiculous lag/lag comp in BO2, but his replies are strangely reminiscent of those from GHANDI... Supposedly, he needs videos to prove the lag issues.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Is there no communication between IW and Treyarch?  I really thought there was.  If anything, given how bad the lag issues are/were in MW3, I would expect IW to have shared the telemetry data they got to help their brethren not repeat the same mistakes.  Perhaps I'm wrong.

the exact same crap different title, bo2 unplayable, expect the same bluffing and stalling from voderhaar as ghandi done, thats about all the info they will share by the looks of things, once again low ping players given the shaft, players will leave in there droves, bo2 dead by xmas.

• 5,821. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

mcdonamw wrote:

I know this isn't the correct forum to post anything about BO2, but this post is more of a question for the IW folk.

I'm monitoring David Vonderhaar's twitter and he's now responding to complaints of the ridiculous lag/lag comp in BO2, but his replies are strangely reminiscent of those from GHANDI... Supposedly, he needs videos to prove the lag issues.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Is there no communication between IW and Treyarch?  I really thought there was.  If anything, given how bad the lag issues are/were in MW3, I would expect IW to have shared the telemetry data they got to help their brethren not repeat the same mistakes.  Perhaps I'm wrong.

Firstly, I'm sorry you feel I was merely bluffing and stalling during the time I spent on these forums. Secondly, yes, IW naturally shared information with Treyarch during the development of BO2.

I can't speak for David but I know he's stated publicly that the level of support for BO2 will be ongoing. If he's asking for videos I suspect there's a good reason for doing so.

Cheers,

G_IH_A_IN_ID_II

• 5,822. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Black_Beard

Now that there is nothing else to talk about in the mw3 forums can we now talk about some weapon balance?

• 5,823. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

Black_Beard wrote:

Now that there is nothing else to talk about in the mw3 forums can we now talk about some weapon balance?

haha you know i was just about to come on here and post now can we ask about shotguns?

#greatminds

• 5,824. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Black_Beard

I doubt it would hurt anything at this point.

• 5,825. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

maccabi wrote:

Black_Beard wrote:

haha you know i was just about to come on here and post now can we ask about shotguns?

#greatminds

The only problem with that is coming up with new arguments for the buffs. Unfortunately it's not as important what the users think, but rather what the "weapon balance team" thinks. They've repeatedly stated that they're happy with the current tuning, despite the user complaints. The devs buff them to their personal liking rather than the liking of the hundreds of thousands still playing.

So unless there's something up your sleeve that you haven't tried yet, we're probably stuck with them. That or hopefully there's some new people on the "team" that makes those decisions.

• 5,826. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    3barconspiracy

question for everyone-should i buy BO2 or not? saw some articles here on this forum but in BO2 section and it looks like lag comp. is back
    if so, for PC or XBox?
    i found myself lately enjoying Battlefield 3 TDM on PC, even with 64 ppls and just 50fps game s awesome, wish that LMGs can be done here in MW3 like it s there, BIPOD for LMGs is awesome thing, also the option to have 3 attachments on single gun.

so Ghandi machine pistols akimbos are nerfed?
    i mean when i think of it in real life, having two guns like that in my hands and burst shooting from them, that would be hell of a recoil, right?
    same goes for Type95, while AK47 feels weird, didnt get what s the point of FAD either, horrible sights and just big clip but that s it O_o

• 5,827. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    3barconspiracy

maccabi wrote:

Black_Beard wrote:

#greatminds

hey maccabi, did u try BF3? i am not mega skillah, but tried some SGs there recently and with Buckshot ammo and extended mag they re giving me easily K/D over 2.0

• 5,828. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

3barconspiracy wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Black_Beard wrote:

#greatminds

hey maccabi, did u try BF3? i am not mega skillah, but tried some SGs there recently and with Buckshot ammo and extended mag they re giving me easily K/D over 2.0

tried it hated it ebayed it

im a die hard cod franchise fan i prefer the faster paced fps games and style of play

• 5,829. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    mcdonamw

My apologies GHANDI.  I never meant to insinuate that you were bluffing or stalling.  I wrote that with a little bit of anger so it may have came across incorrectly.

I'm more upset that David is being somewhat dismissive, vis a vie, "no video = no issue".  I'm quite sure that IW and Treyarch, if not you and David personally had conversations regarding this matter.  I'm sure he's completely aware an issue exists because of those conversations.. so I'm expecting a bit more from him.  If he has reasons for videos, great... He should be more forthcoming with what kind of details he's looking at so we can get videos that he needs.

Anyhow, again I know this is not the correct thread so I'll post on this no further.  And I've said it before, I am greatful for all of the collaboration you have provided to your fan base.  I just hope that all of the data you have procured with MW3 will lead to greater success with your followup, whatever that may be.

Thanks GHANDI (and IW crew).