- Ok, I'm going to try to be truly objective and give some specs so that maybe this post is given a hint of credence.
- Xbox360 hardwired DIR-825 router. (ports QoS yada yada all set the way it needs to be so please don't suggest)
- Motorola surfboard 6120 Docsis 3 with ISP supported channel bonding up and down.
- Bandwidth really doesn't matter for this game but 15.78 down 5.6 UP MEASURED w/netshark. Pretty much your premium home tier anywhere in the states.
- Ping time to a cali server (im in Va) 63ms <------- at 6pm EST no loss 2ms jitter, again measured by group-pinging a host through netshark. (this is probly average)
K I'm avid at this series, I'm getting frustrated just like the rest of you, but there is some stuff that is frustrating me even more than the lag.
1) The frustration is breeding quick "fixes" that actually lead to excentuate the problem. I have to admit I fell prey to it before I did my research got yelled at (by Mac of course) and inevitably found out as they implemented patches my game play suffered more. All the bridge your connection slow your upload yadda yadda yadda actually in theory atleast just sticks you w/folks as latency filled as you are now, it won't work in the long run.
2) This is a big one PLEASE READ DEVS!!!! I have had more unable to modify session, could not migrate host, error session has ended messages just trying to get into a room, I have the search setting on best always but I do play with people across the US typically 1 person in cali (hence the long range ping test) 2 from texas 2 from ohio/MW. so we are spread out. However these error messages are occurring even with just 1 or 2 people in party. So match making is to me at least broken...
3) When a match is finally started I have had the displease of finding ou even though I selected best that the other team has mostly 2 and 3 bar people........(See the prevalence of issue 1....) I am not catching host either even though I'm the only 4 bar in a room, this leads to multiple host migrations during the match which is counter productive to the new system eh? I honestly feel that match making is actually leading to most of these bad "lag experiences" so far.... And oh yeah I experience them everytime I play.
4) You've heard it once you've heard it a million times lag/hit detection is terrible but again I feel it's more of a match making issue as opposed to a "the game is broke" issue.
5) Spawn system....really guys? I get what your trying to do but have you watched some of the games? Literally the only way not to get flipped/revenge spawn is to:
a) throw betties charges ect. EXACTLY on the spawn point where you spawn, even this only works maybe 70% of the time.
b)have your ENTIRE team sit back in the spawn........
This has the opposite effect of actually promoting camping, common fellas work out the spawns cause with the smg war gong on in the game all you have are rushers casing dots to the other side of the map. BIG issue IMHO.
To summarize I'm not gonna spout 90meg UP DOWN and complain that my connection is great so I should be to, BUT match making should stick like connections together and in my week playing the game this is not the case. Also for you dumbasses INTENTIONALLY screwing your connection up I hope the next patch nulls it because you are in fact adding to the problem...... Good luck Devs but for real work out the match making/latency issues because at this point a loyal CoD fan can not WAIT for Patriots to come out :-)