18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 7:40 AM by jeepchick RSS

Forum Moderators could you please

zingaa

Forum Moderators could you please relay a message to the developers or whomever has the power to fix this game that a huge majority of the community is having unplayable lag .

Thanks in advance for your time

• Re: Forum Moderators could you please
    ap0stl3

You have just about as much chance as reaching the devs as forum moderators do.  They aren't employed by 3arc/IW.  They just moderate forums.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I think the devs knows the problems in this game. They are receiving thousands of tweets a day from gamers around the world. They're just not acknowledging the problems but they're aware of it.

ap0stl3

It could be a situation similar to MW3 though.  While lag was affecting many people, a larger portion of players were not experiencing the same problem.  I do know many people who play BO2 that have no problems and are having fun with the game.  It's all about numbers and majority.  Treyarch will make decisions based off of what will help the most people.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

The thing that alarms me was that the highly skilled gamers who have no problems with MW3 are now having problems with this game. Their KDs reflect that and I personally experienced it. I was so mad at the game at one point, I prestiged and reset all my stats. The game is now playing alright for me after the Google DNS fix. 

ap0stl3

Same here.  Not saying K/D or stats in general determine the skill of a player, but I was a 2.4 k/d in MW2, 3.65 in BO1, 3.5 in MW3, and currently have a 2.5ish in BO2.  Obviously, this is still pretty good compared to most players, but you would think it wouldn't drop so drastically.  When I first started playing BO2, I could barely go even every game.  But I have noticed that a lot of good players from past games are struggling.  That is what sticks out most to me.  Good players shouldn't suddenly start playing terribly.

they're not playing terribly, (im not playing terribly lol) just need to learn maps and flows. these first few weeks u got the diehards who were there midnight release who've learned the layouts. and u got the newbs EVERYDAY coming on these newbs bring a fair bit of chaos in their learning and after these first few weeks and you get regular decent players against each other in any game you'll see stats improve, even ur precious k/d, (side note i feel k/d is not an all important factor in baseing a players worth. such as mine sucks hovering around .75 but i play lotta team games with riot sheild, yet my assist, blocks, captures. are all better han most of my friends combined) anyways youll see things such as that steady and "normalize" with time as the community settles

ap0stl3

Totally agree with you on most of your points.  I've been doing much better recently, once learning the spawn points and traffic routes of all the maps.  Partially agree on your k/d statement.  I acknowledged in my last post that while k/d and stats don't always tell the whole story, it DOES tell part of the story.  I play games with friends who play the objective, shoot down all air support, and still manage to go at least even most games.  It is very possible to still not die massive amounts of times with little kills while playing for the win.  The "I die a lot and don't get very many kills but still play the objective" statement only goes so far.  There comes a point when those players who die massive amounts of times trying for the objective start to hurt the team more than help, especially when it comes to enemy kilstreaks and positioning.  But I agree with you on the first part.

Dicemann

I understand people's frustrations but do you not think that some "highly skilled gamers" were on the good side of lag comp previously?

ap0stl3

Yes, some.  But to think they've been on the good side of lag comp in from cod 4 until now just doesn't seem correct either. 

Dicemann

A lot of my friends struggled in MW3 but yet had no big problems in all other titles including this one.

ap0stl3

Yeah, so didn't your friends find it odd that they were good at every other COD game except MW3?  You wouldn't say "Oh, I've just been on the good side of lag comp up until now (MW3)" would you?  You'd think that it was something wrong with MW3, not all the past games you've played.  That's how me and all of my friends are with this game (not trying to say everyone is experiencing BO2 in this way).  We've been good at all past COD's up until this one (not saying I'm bad but not up to my past standards).  So in my mind, I'd chalk it up to being something wrong with lag comp in this game, not that I've been on the "good end" of it for the past 5 years.  That's just my thinking though.  I'm not complaining about the game.  I actually thouroughly enjoy it.  Just noticing that the lag comp is different in this one for me and usually puts me at a disadvantage, whereas past CODs have not done so.

That's not true.  In blops1 they listened to a minority section of the cod community (quick scopers). They dont always listen to the majority

elite_force1uk

Only a tiny part of the cod community are having problems with the game,

Tonight has been one of the best nights for me since the launch

Be sure to check your match making settings...

obzi

Elite-force1uk, have had your head stuck in the sand for the last week or so?

A 'tiny' part of the cod community is having problems??? Try tens of thousands, try hundreds of thousands, try the vast majority of players, have you not been reading this forum over the last two weeks?  I came on one morning and EVERY SINGLE THREAD on page one was about lag!

The number of players online has dropped way beyond that of MW3 because people have been unable to even play never mind get a win, my lag has been so bad that the other night it took me over ten seconds to walk through a doorway!!!  (Predictably I died)

Your connection might be good, your friends might be ok but you can't say this game is ok for the majority of players, thousands have already taken the game back or sold it because they simply cannot play.

Like yourself for me last night was better, I did have decent games so maybe something has been changed, fixed, repaired or whatever but I'm not so naive to think the lag problem is resolved for everyone or even just me.

Your kills, your wins and all your stats at this time are fake, they're meaningless because lag upto this point has decided who live and who died, and more than likely that it will continue for a considerable time to come.

zingaa

Could someone post the twitter names for me please?

jeepchick

Thanks for your feedback.  - Claire JeepChick