18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2014 3:38 AM by Daviesjunior87 RSS

Fix World at War!

Zerotheheroe
Ok, before you continue reading - this isn't a troll thread. This is not related to Black Ops/Modern Warfare 2

If you have clicked on this thread, then you probably already know CoD: World at War is ruined.

If you are lucky - You will get into a normal lobby with no modding.

Due to its lack of players, more then likely there is only 1 - 3 open lobbies for the popular categories like S&D or Ground War.

I was playing today (7/9/11) and noticed the following:

1) Joining friends is even more difficult then it used to be; sometimes it will not let me join friends via invite.
2) All the players are more then likely level 65-10th Prestige by hacking.
Sometimes, there are people with no emblem and this is referred to 11th Prestige.
and much more..

Before Black Ops came out, this was the only game I had. I never played Modern Warfare 2, which I heard was hacked pretty bad - But Infinity Ward FIXED IT.

Since Treyarch currently only had World at War to monitor, it usually was fine.

It seems to me they have redirected their attention to Black Ops.

You might say this, "They are busy with Black Ops!"
Treyarch made how much from Black Ops?

Hire some new workers and get them to fix World at War.

In all honesty, this is basically the first thread I have ever posted. I'm angry at the fact this game is ruined.
I paid money for this game, I expect to play the game correctly.

Its retail value is dropping due to people taking it back to stores, example: GameStop
I paid $40 for this game, yes - I never paid full retail when it came out. I got it new at GameStop for $40

Well, as of today (7/9/11)
I was hacked to 10th prestige by a modder.

Treyarch, fix your dang products. It's ticking me off. This is very unprofessional.

My stats are messed up, and so are the leader boards.

The leader boards have been hacked so much, it wont even show them to me. It just keeps downloading endlessly. 

• Re: Fix World at War!
    Agreed from a xbox user. The only thing we can do is wait and hope for the best because frankly all these threads being posted about what is happening in MP has had to have gotten someones attention at treyarch.
    Dunlopghost
    i absolutely agree, there should be a new checking system implemented that disallows modified patches to connect to the matchmaking server. i know it can be done if treyarch would get of their fat asses and do it. i had my legit 10th prestige account deranked all the way down last month and frankly, i'm pissed.
    greenleaf33
    I played World at War last week because I had finally gotten to 15/50 on Black Ops, and was frankly bored with it.  There were two guys in one of my lobbies that were in GOD mode, and they could fly.  I sent a private message to JD_2020 and another to Cutpurse with their screen names and clan tags.  I also filled out complaint forms on the PSN and Activision websites.  Maybe these guys will get banned, or maybe nobody cares.  But at least I reported them.  And really, what is the fun in running around being invincible?  Especially on WaW.  There are only three killstreaks, and once you get that 7th consecutive kill, there is no reason to stay alive anymore.  After I get dogs, I usually get killed on purpose so I can get dogs again.
    well nice idea with the detecting modified patches of the game servers but the problem is that call of duty is connecting to a server which allows for online play but is a game that the room/server ur in is the exact hosts of the room ps3 system and his internet router itself thus it being technically a "private server" and with most games if u are the host of the server u can do what u want to the server... blah blah blah ...... which is why i say the creators of call of duty are idiots if they would just open their dam eyes and look how most popular games have DEDICATED SERVERS THAT ARE RUN SPECIFICALLY BY THEM AND ONLY ALLOWING PEOPLE TO CONNECT TO THEIR DOMAINS dont have as many hackers as call of duty.. thats all i have to say.
    Oiiink666
    yeah i agree. they should fix the mp because i got modded to 10th prestige on my 2nd match. but that doesnt really bother me. im bothered by the hackers with infinite health and ammo. its a pain to deal with.
    jjh7403
    so sad that they've forgotten about this great game! it's the best cod imo
    L00nyBison
    Agreed, this game is broke.

I've just gone back to it last night to try and finish off my prestige levels and encountered numerous hacks throughout. 

It isn't the same game I bought, since it is unplayable, so why can't we get a refund or an official apology or anwser to this?
    kajun_boy
    i agree also... i was on level 65 on my own (didnt feel like prestiging) aand this dumb hacker (xDeveloper3) reseted me to 1... and idk y they worry about black ops.. no 1 tries to hack.. waw is actually way better than black ops and they worry about it being to hacked or something.im getting seriously p!$$3d with all these dang hackers..fix it treyarch!!
    WAWxISxTHExBEST
    IT IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! I love this game more than any other Call of Duty and have friends on Xbox Live who agree with me... Then, all of the sudden, Black Ops comes out and Treyarch dumps World at War completely. What's that all about? Infinity Ward still looked after CoD4 after MW2 came out so why can't Treyarch handle this?!

Maybe I came off a little too strong, but seriously... the only REAL reason that I can come up with to explain why there are so few playing WaW is because there are a gigantic amount of hackers and modders playing with the most outragious of mods: invincibility, infinite attack dogs, "no clipping" and so on and so forth.

It just upsets me that this multi-million dollar company can't send ATLEAST one person to clean this up, and for all those people who think that I should just go play Black Ops "Zombie" (like it's even related to "Nazi Zombies" from WaW), I'd rather play the really successful version that made "Nazi Zombies" what it is today...

Signed etc. etc.,
                  WAWxISxTHExBEST
    Let_It_Fade
    please fix w@w sheesh you guys already made millions of dollars off of black ops that no one really likes. can you atleast put a patch out for this game?????????? there are people like me that like world at war and  would rather play it over any other call of duty.   I will not buy another call of duty game by treyarch ever again if they cannot fix there games.  I know I know it looks like I may as well just be done with treyarch because it dont seem like there going to ever do anything.  seriously its a real real shame because I was thinking about buying w@w back to play because I purchased all the map packs but now I am not probably ever gonna get to play it again like lots of others who loved the game.
    Altay
    Yeah, I'm on you with this one buddy... We can all agree that World at War is the best Call of Duty ever made. But now since Black Ops came out they have left us. Yeah, Sadly I'm 10th Prestige... I tried to join a TDM game and while in the process i joined a modded one and i was automatically level 65... Ohwell... The thing is that WE NEED A FIX!!! Basically since I know by heart that this will never happen i went to find a solution. Well in a few weeks I'm going to go buy call of duty world at war for PC which means that it has punkbuster and all that. And you get dedicated servers with lower pings that you get to choose from. +The PC players don't cry like babies if you know what i mean... Best of luck to you all.
    Let_It_Fade

Altay wrote:

Yeah, I'm on you with this one buddy... We can all agree that World at War is the best Call of Duty ever made. But now since Black Ops came out they have left us. Yeah, Sadly I'm 10th Prestige... I tried to join a TDM game and while in the process i joined a modded one and i was automatically level 65... Ohwell... The thing is that WE NEED A FIX!!! Basically since I know by heart that this will never happen i went to find a solution. Well in a few weeks I'm going to go buy call of duty world at war for PC which means that it has punkbuster and all that. And you get dedicated servers with lower pings that you get to choose from. +The PC players don't cry like babies if you know what i mean... Best of luck to you all.

agreed fully.  I had that same problem on call of duty 4 man I played forever mainly free for all and got clear up to the 9th prestige and some loser ripped it from me and made me like 5th prestige oh my was I mad     you know  they should address this obviously here in the near future for everyone heck like I said I would buy the game back.   I never thought about trying the pc version but was over there  on the pc w@w forums and saw JD_2020 replied to them like 4 months ago about there server being down for maintance.  geesh ya know truthfully youd think he would address all platforms, pc, ps3 and xbox as to why he would address pc when ps3 and xbox  doesnt hear anything is beyond me.  I may try it if I can find a copy used for pc somewhere but certainly am not purchasing brand new.   I actually pretty much quit call of duty and went to killzone  and really love kz2 and kz3 atleast Guerilla Games addresses problems and releases patchs. 

one last time, Treyarch Please Please fix World at War lots of gamers love this game!
    jbelt1234
    Quite a shame really, such a great game and I had so many memories with the multiplayer and the zombies.  This game is where I first got into multiplayer.  Sad to see it go

Agree with all these posts.My fave COD game of all and it is broken.Paid for the game and the maps and it is useless.Got hacked and am stuck on lvl 33 with 10th prestige that keeps resetting everytime i turn the machine off.REALLY REALLY Annoyed at this.And nobody seems to care.PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!I have tried to play lately and it looks like most of the modders have gone elsewhere and there are lots of "clean" lobbies.I think this game would definitely have more support if this problem was fixed but a lot of people have just given up.PLEASE Treyarch or Activision FIX THIS.It is sooo not fair to even still have this game available for purchase, either fix it or remove it from the shelves.

ihrvces

Bumping this thread as i have been reset back to 1, three times.

BradynMelser

I agree.  I haven't played much for a couple years.  I was very disappointed when I recently tried to play and every game I tried was hacked.  The last game I played bumped me all the way back to lvl 1, and I am not even able to join an online game now.  Treyarch has lost LOTS of respect from me.  I expect to buy a mainstream game and it to be maintained.  What is to say all their other games do not go down this same path?

In the future I will probably never buy a Treyarch game no matter how great of review it has.  They simply don't maintain their online community.

Extremely disgruntled and unhappy customer.  Please at least try to fix it...

Daviesjunior87

I'm a big fan of cod world war 1/2 games and obviously World at War is my favorite, HOWEVER its online system is completely crap. not only there aren't many servers left to play but also in each and every on them there are players hacking there asses off. Probably why people are not playing Waw anymore.
    I've been plying it for a while now and was at level 27.. suddenly im back in the lobby at level 1!!! the worse thing of all is that i cannot join any online game as these are shaded in grey.  i noticed that top right corner there's written "1 player(s) in daviesjunior87's party" even though i did not make any freakin parties..

This is crap, what can i doo?!!?