1 582 583 584 585 586 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,830. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    roachoutro

3barconspiracy wrote:

question for everyone-should i buy BO2 or not? saw some articles here on this forum but in BO2 section and it looks like lag comp. is back
    if so, for PC or XBox?
    i found myself lately enjoying Battlefield 3 TDM on PC, even with 64 ppls and just 50fps game s awesome, wish that LMGs can be done here in MW3 like it s there, BIPOD for LMGs is awesome thing, also the option to have 3 attachments on single gun.

so Ghandi machine pistols akimbos are nerfed?
    i mean when i think of it in real life, having two guns like that in my hands and burst shooting from them, that would be hell of a recoil, right?
    same goes for Type95, while AK47 feels weird, didnt get what s the point of FAD either, horrible sights and just big clip but that s it O_o

Dont buy it if you enjoy gaming. Same lag comp, different COD. Its unplayable.

So GHANDI, any "lag comp" fixes coming to MW3? And go tell VAHN that he needs no videos, lag comp is very true and it makes BLOPS2 very unplayable. Tell us what he says? Would you do that for us?

ps. You are really making it seem that you were bluffing and stalling.

• 5,831. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

roachoutro wrote:

3barconspiracy wrote:

question for everyone-should i buy BO2 or not? saw some articles here on this forum but in BO2 section and it looks like lag comp. is back
    if so, for PC or XBox?
    i found myself lately enjoying Battlefield 3 TDM on PC, even with 64 ppls and just 50fps game s awesome, wish that LMGs can be done here in MW3 like it s there, BIPOD for LMGs is awesome thing, also the option to have 3 attachments on single gun.

i mean when i think of it in real life, having two guns like that in my hands and burst shooting from them, that would be hell of a recoil, right?
    same goes for Type95, while AK47 feels weird, didnt get what s the point of FAD either, horrible sights and just big clip but that s it O_o

So GHANDI, any "lag comp" fixes coming to MW3? And go tell VAHN that he needs no videos, lag comp is very true and it makes BLOPS2 very unplayable. Tell us what he says? Would you do that for us?

Hello roachoutro,

Regarding your first question I've not been directly involved in the day to day at IW for about 5 months now I'm afraid. Teanah or Candyslexia will know more about future MW3 plans than I do at this juncture since I've been focused on other things.

I will, however, jump right on your second request and give Vahn a bell first thing Thanksgiving morning & report back exactly what he says.

For the avoidance of doubt that was a bluff!

In all seriousness, I suggest you reach out to Treyarch on the Black Ops II forums/social channels & ask the question yourself. I do know that the team is extremely active and committed to supporting their game. We have independent community teams at each studio and it wouldn't be appropriate for me to speak for Treyarch.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 5,832. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    roachoutro

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Hello roachoutro,

Regarding your first question I've not been directly involved in the day to day at IW for about 5 months now I'm afraid. Teanah or Candyslexia will know more about future MW3 plans than I do at this juncture since I've been focused on other things.

I will, however, jump right on your second request and give Vahn a bell first thing Thanksgiving morning & report back exactly what he says.

In all seriousness, I suggest you reach out to Treyarch on the Black Ops II forums/social channels & ask the question yourself. I do know that the team is extremely active and committed to supporting their game. We have independent community teams at each studio and it wouldn't be appropriate for me to speak for Treyarch.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

So Candyslexia and Teanah, Now you can give us an ETA for the next "Lag Comp" pacth?

I was afraid you were gonna say that. I have been trying to reach @Treyarch, @CallOfDuty, @DavidVonderhaar and @ATVIAssist. @ATVIAssist is the only one that has answered my questions with a simple: "Hello, thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned for updates ^SG"

VAHN just completely ignores every question about netcode, lag comp & out of sync issues etc. So what should i do?

Thanks for the replies by the way.

edit. I did this: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200545753

EDIT X 2. As you can see, all posts about "Lag Comp" gets deleted straight away. Anymore tips GHANDI, what should i try next?

Retweet:  https://twitter.com/roachoutro/status/271565340528500736

• 5,833. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

roachoutro wrote:

3barconspiracy wrote:

if so, for PC or XBox?

Hello roachoutro,

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

nice one ghandi.............your humour has always been top notch ill give you that

• 5,834. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    vims1990

3barconspiracy wrote:

if so, for PC or XBox?

Hey 3barconspiracy,

I can't speak for all players as experiences may be different but after the last few hotfixes and title update on BO2, the game is actually running MUCH better for me.This is on the XBOX 360 by the way.

If this gives you an idea, I do host a majority of matches and it feels better than what MW3 ran at launch.

Sure there are those questionable deaths (die around corners etc) but to me, it's less than what I had when BO2 first launched.In terms of 3 barring, I don't 3 bar often unless the host is Australian but 3 barring isn't all great but that is expected of a 3 bar connection to the host.

Just to make it clear, experiences may differ but for now, 4 barring is better at the moment in my opinion.

Overall, I'm enjoying BO2. Just glad Treyarch removed most of the things I hated in MW3. Apart from some minor matchmaking/connectivity issues which I'm confident will be addressed, I like BO2.

Edit: I'll just make a point but Treyarch has caved into the "quickscoping" community. Sniping is ridiculously easy compared to BO. I rarely get hitmarkered by a sniper which I don't have an issue with however it's the quicker ADS speed and less sway which does get to me in BO2.

• 5,835. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    bubbacake

kastro187420 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Black_Beard wrote:

Now that there is nothing else to talk about in the mw3 forums can we now talk about some weapon balance?

haha you know i was just about to come on here and post now can we ask about shotguns?

#greatminds

The only problem with that is coming up with new arguments for the buffs. Unfortunately it's not as important what the users think, but rather what the "weapon balance team" thinks. They've repeatedly stated that they're happy with the current tuning, despite the user complaints. The devs buff them to their personal liking rather than the liking of the hundreds of thousands still playing.

So unless there's something up your sleeve that you haven't tried yet, we're probably stuck with them. That or hopefully there's some new people on the "team" that makes those decisions.

Guess they like seeing players rage.

Also guessing they got killed too many times by shotguns in MW2.

• 5,837. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

3barconspiracy wrote:

nice video with explanation
    http://community.callofduty.com/message/413617738#413617738

I've always kind of liked this video because it demonstrates a good problem people have with lag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9curJ-0DQ8w

Basically what you see is gameplay from CSS in which the hit-box is viewable aswell as the player model. Now the reason I show this gameplay is because it shows some scenarios in which we're all familiar with in CoD: Being shot around corners.

If you watch starting at around 1:08, you'll see the problem.. That is, the hit-box is already around the corner ready to start firing, but the actual player model that you see hasn't quite rounded the corner yet, allowing for that split-second difference and advantage that allows someone to quickly kill you before you even know what happened.

Now, the hit-box and player model sync for CoD are not quite as bad as the video shows for CSS, but it's the same type of sync issues and basically provides a better visual alternative to what the guy explains in the video that you linked. In fact, often times if you slow down the gameplay enough, you can actually "feel" the aim-assist pulling your sights over tracking the hit-box just before someone rounds the corner, even though the person's player model hasn't rounded the corner yet.

If you can get a feel for this, you can actually improve your reaction time and start shooting when you feel the aim assist pulling on your sights, and sometimes pull a kill out of it before the player even fully rounds the corner.

• 5,838. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    IndyOldGuy

I'll never complain about LAG in MW3 again after trying BO2  for a week..
    The damn kill cam even lags!! LOL

• 5,839. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

I was playing earlier, and I realized that after everyone mostly moved onto Black Ops 2, it's like Christmas all over again. The lobby is stacked with the greenies, hardly any of them seem to be above rank 30. It's really enjoyable just jumping on and slaughtering them. I'm like the only 10th prestige player in the lobby (Half the time I'm the only one who prestiged at all).

I can't recommend it enough. If you're having issues on Black Ops 2, jump onto MW3 for a bit. The lag is still there, but you almost don't notice it because the rest of the players are so bad