45 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 1:40 AM by trialstardragon RSS

Guns that need to be Nerfed and buffed.

Here are guns That need some Seriuos nerfing and some that need some seriuos buffing.

------Nerf------

Mp7-Doesn't need a big nerf just needs more Recoil added on, since it does infact fire .45Cal bullets.

PDW-57-Needs alot more Recoil, and needs to be nerfed alittle since it's mostly an instant kill weapon.

R870 MCS-The Range on this Shotgun is rediculous, Range needs to be nerfed. I mean for Peak sakes, it's firing Buckshot, not Slug.

M27-Needs alot more Recoil, and with FMJ it's mostly an instant kill weapon from a far, due to  very little Recoil.

B23R-Needs a Major nerf. I can't tell you how many times this pistol has one hitted me from medium to short range.

KAP-40-Needs a pretty big nerf, I've noticed even when I use it, 3-5 bullets kill someone, and it fires that in 0.3 seconds.

LSAT-The LSAT needs alot more recoil for being a LMG. It's funny how it has less recoil then a MP7. With Target Finder on this bad boy it's mostly unstoppable.

MSMC-Needs a Damage nerf. It's constantly an instant kill weapon, even when it's tearing through walls, without FMJ.

Skorpion EVO- Needs alittle damage nerf, not alot, since Recoil makes it kinda balanced.

Semtex-I can't tell you how many times I had flakjacket on and I was immeditly killed by a Semtex that landed right next to me. Also, When in hardpoint, and I don't run around with flakjacket, the Semtex kills me from like 10 feet away. Needs a major kill Radiuos Nerf.

------Buff------

Ballista-The Ballista in my Eyes needs a major Buff. When I use it, with or without iron sights pointblank I get a hitmarker instead of an instant kill. I shoot them in center of chest, yet it doesn't kill them. I've noticed XPR-50, is mostly if not always an instant kill shot, yet it's more crappier then the Ballista. I think the Ballista with FMJ on should be an instant kill shot from Center of mass and up. No more bullshit shot to chest then pull out secondary and finish them off.

R870 MCS-I mentioned this weapon in Nerfing. This weapon needs a Huge Damage Buff. Alot of times I noticed while using this, I have to take two shots sometimes even 3 shots to kill my opponent whos like a foot infront of me. Yet at 5 feet it's mostly a instant kill weapon. For the Shotgun that has stats showing it's the strongest shotgun, it's by far one of the weakest. Major Damage boost.

SVU-AS- Now I'm not one to use this, but I've had it used on me And all I have to say is, Needs a Major Damage buff. While Watching the Killcams of me getting slaughtered by this gun, I've noticed it takes Way to many shots to kill with this Sniper rifle. Yet it takes the FAL 2-3 shots to kill someone and that is a weaker gun(By stats), it takes this gun 3-5 shots to kill someone, and this gun is a much stronger weapon. Major Damage boost.

Crossbow- I bet Everyone who has used the Crossbow will Agree with me. You shoot a Bolt next to someone to have them lose 10% health, and that's right next to them, without them wearing flak jacket. It takes 3-6 bolts to kill someone if you shoot it next to them. This Crossbow is nothing compared to it's predacesry. I've even noticed a person wearing flak jacket and you stick them with a bolt, can still live through it. The Crossbow needs a major and I mean Major Damage Buff.

SWAT-556- This gun Really needs a Damage Buff. In the Begining when you first use this gun, it's 1-3 Burst to kill someone. Yet later when you level it it becomes alot harder to use and alot crappier. After level 2 it starts taking 2-5 burst to kill someone, yet the M8A1 takes 1-2 shots past level 10 and the M8A1 is a much weaker gun(Based on Stats). The SWAT-556 needs a Damage boost so people who like Burst weapons can use them, instead of being forced to use a gun they don't want to use. Major Damage Buff.

Perk:Ghost- This one isn't a weapon but, I think it really needs a buff. It states this "Cannot be Deteced by Enemy UAVs while Moving, Planting or Defusing bombs, or While controlling Scorestreaks". One part of that isn't true, the While moving part. I've noticed you have to be Running in order for this to work, this means, They have turned Ghost from a Stealthy, Cautionly, and Sniper perk into a, Rusher perk. I think It needs a major buff in these areas I'm about to mention. 1. Should be what it really says, "Undetectable While moving", This means, walking while crouch, walking while reloading gun, and walking slowly around corners. Not only running which is deamed to get you killed. 2. I think it should give you a 10 second while not moving you are undetecable kinda thing. Where you're undetecable for 10 seconds while not moving.

--------------

Well that's my list, if you have anything you'd like to mention like buffing weapons or nerfing weapons please state below and why!

Thanks!

• Re: Guns that need to be Nerfed and buffed.

I find it hilarious that you'd even consider any of the shotguns to need a nerf. If anything, they need a buff, espeiclaly the Non pump action ones. NERF: MSMC and the PDW. Bouncing betties and all snipers apart from the balista

If you read the whole thing it says the shogun needs a buff, not a nerf.

randomhero204

The game your suggesting with thes changes would suck.

Skorpion is probably the most balanced smg ever. Lower rate if fire and increase accuracy would be hello fun.

Msmc = perfect

Shot guns are way to op in this game. A shorty would never out do an smg at mid range ..ever but in this game they do.

Snipers are all ok but they need o add a bit of delay so you can't quick scope as well. Just ever so slightly needs changed

AudibleTuna

Are you on crack?? What is your definition of "Mid Range"... 5 feet? IRL, slugs are accurate up to about ~50 yards.. Buckshot, ~30 yards.. Granted, this is assuming you know what the hell you're doing.

In this game, the shotgun is effective up to about 4 yards & the KSG is maybe 12... All of them are very, very inconsistent though. Which is why they are my least favorite category of weapon to use. IMO, they need a damage buff so youre not getting hitmarkers from 8 feet away...

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

50 yards? That's like a 15 story building. I didn't know a slug is that accurate at that far. Imagine if they made these weapons realistic. A buckshot that has a range of 90 feet or like a nine story building. People will be crying overpowered.

AudibleTuna

I know from personal experience- I own one (Remington 870). Like, I said... "If you know what the hell you're doing".. I didn't say, yeah, you can just pick up a 12ga. shotgun and fire a slug out of it accuratly up to 50 yards... Get on youtube kid.

Besides, I didn't say, yeah let's make the game realistic. All I said is they (namely the 870) needs a damage buff so you're not getting 3 hitmarkers on a guy who's 12 feet away.

First off, Military weapons like the R-870C, is illegal to own. I'm not talking about a Remake, or a simiular model. Secondly, Buckshot is only effective and I mean a killshot at 10-15 feet, farther then that it'll do some damage but not alot. Thirdly, Slug is pretty accurate but, not in the lengths you are discribing. Fourthly, do you really get your information from youtube, then say you own the weapon because, you think you know what you are talking about. Learn your gun, learn the law, then learn where to rightfully get your information.

AudibleTuna

Idk where you live, but I live in the U.S. where it's legal to own firearms (granted there are a couple exceptions)... I own a civilian issued REMINGTON 870 & I have hit bull's-eye with it @ 50yrds- numerous times.. This takes skill... Like I said, you can't just pick up a 12ga. shotgun & be accurate like that. It takes practice and knowing what the firearm is capable of.

Buckshot is for hunting deer... Do you think a human can just walk 10-15 feet up to a buck & shoot it dead without it running away?? No... Period.

I mentioned youtube because that's the easiest place to get a visual on what a 12ga. shotgun is capable of without actually handling one.

So stop trying to act like you know me. You clearly don't have a damn clue.

First off you, don't own a military Grade R870C like I stated it is illegal to own. Secondly, I know you because, you refeer to "Youtube" to get your information. Thirdly, I dunno what you hunt, but Up in NY, Alot of people have to follow the deer when using buckshot, due to having to get close to kill it. Most people don't use buckshot, because it's only leathal 10-15 feet like I stated. I also stated buckshot does some damage but not alot after it's kill range. Another Reason I know you, is because, you say "This takes skill to do" Like your a master at guns, yet you have no idea what you are talking about. A shotgun takes little to no skill to shoot and be dead on accurate, at 50 yards. Period. Stop trying to act like you know/own guns, because Obviously you don't. End of story.

AudibleTuna

Kid, you are LoL... It's called "buck"shot for a reason.. What, are you 15 years old? Do you even understand that 15 feet is equal to 5 yards and that is 1/20th of the distance of a football field?

If you seriously think that a dozen solid lead balls coming out of a shotgun could not have a lethal effect further than 5 yards is pathetic. You have no idea of the physics involved here & continue to prove yourself oblivious to what a shotgun is capable of.

Not only that, but in your 2nd to last sentence, you've entirely contradicted yourself in everything you've said by saying, "A shotgun takes little to no skill to shoot and be dead on accurate at 50 yards". You've been trying to tell us that shotguns are incapable of being lethal at such a distance. And to clarify, I only have a front sight on my shotgun. It's not some tricked out military-style shotgun with a reticle of any sort.

Anyways, it's painfully obvious that you've never fired a shotgun, or any firearm for that matter. So just stop talking now. Thank you.

And, the final nail in your coffin -

"The Remington Model 870 is a U.S.-made pump-action shotgun manufactured by Remington Arms Company, Inc. It is widely used by the public for sport shooting, hunting, and self-defense. It is also commonly used by law enforcement and military organizations worldwide."

I think I've fired more weapons then you. Being in the military we have to. Your like a little kid who won't stop crying. You get proven time and time again, and still you think you're right. Just give you kid. It sounds like you never shot a gun in your life. You say buckshot, is so leathal. Funny how we don't even use that crap, unless we are breaching doors, or searching buildings. Then you say it's so hard to shoot a Shotgun with a slug at 50 years. Not really, you have to make up for bullet drop, and wind at the range, due to it fireing beyond it's leathal range. You sit here and tell me you own a Military weapon, yet you clearly don't even know what you are talking about. You say I'm 15, sounds more like you are. Refeering me to "Kid" and insulting me because, you are so mad. Grow up Buster, then you can tell me what you know.

AudibleTuna

Your comprehension skills are that of a 9 year old... I'm done here.

Ps- I never said I owned a military shotgun.. I own a Remington 870.

Okay... Idgaf @ this point... Google "What is the Lethal Range of a shotgun" - here is what you find...

"So double 00 buck shot which consists of 10-12 1/4 inch led pellets will carry a lot farther than a load of No. 6 shot which is an ounce or two of 1/10 inch pellets.

Shot size varies inversely to the number. 8-9 are tiny, then 7 1/2 all considered bird shot for small birds. Then grading up to 6, 5, 3, 2, and finally BBB and BB, for ducks rabbits and geese.

A lead slug, designed for deer hunting fired from a shotgun is probably the most powerful and can carry quite a ways.

So you need to consider the gauge, shell size and pellet diameter to know for sure.

A 410 slug can be as lethal as a pistol at a greater distance. 12 gauge buck lethal out to 100 yards, a slug farther. But accuracy sucks beyond 100 yards."

And some more

"For pure lethality 00 buck is the best choice. It is good out to 50-75 yards and is the equivalent of firing 9 .30 caliber projectiles in one go. Great for home defense and the preferred shell used by the military in it's combat shotguns."

Now stop lying about being in the military. Thank you.

nflfenatic

military shotguns are not illegal to own. You need to pass an ffl test and file with the atf for a destructive device license. I guess you might be talking about felons. The rest of us can own one. Its not cheap but you can own one.

may fire up to 50 yards but grantee it loses major  damage at about 30 yards buck shot birdshot is only affected up to about 18 yaards after that you will be getting pepperd ask me i know i've been shot at by a 870 mossberg 12 gauge..i got pepperd..

nflfenatic

With my 12 gauge with a tactical scope installed I can pop a standard target all day long at the range from 100 yards with a slug. Now the game uses buckshot and buckshot will shred a target at 50 yds. And as I said earlier will dam& near decapitate a dear at 50yds. I have done this b4. That is with 3 inch magnums. I am sure the 870 is chambered for 3 1/2 inch magnum cartridges.

AudibleTuna

Thank you... Someone who knows what the hell they're talking about.

I would like to clarify that, in game, the KSG does fire slugs (or at least has a slug "attatchment") and does have a slightly further effective range. Nowhere near what it is IRL tho... Not that I'm asking for realism in the game. Just a little more stopping power w/ the 870.

& yea, w/ a 870 you can chamber either a 2&3/4" or 3". Granted, there's different variants that do 3&1/2"

nflfenatic

10 seconds is way to long. 5 seconds maybe but that would be it. Sniper rifles don't need any help. If anything they should change them to upper chest and head for 1 shot kills. Most people just spam bullets with them until they hit some random body part and get the kill. quickdraw should give them a 1 sec. ads. longer without. After all they are for sniping. use secondary to get from point a to b. The R870, if it has a long barrel could easily be accurate to 50 yards with buckshot. I have dam& near decapitated dear at 50 yards with buckshot. hard to say why you don't get 1 hit kills up close with it, I do. I would agree about the crossbow except they give you more bolts than the old crossbow, you can fire all 3 at once and you will get the kill if close enough. 1 at a time u better stick em. Grenades and semtex seem more powerful than other cod's however is 10 feet far enough to escape, its not like someone can spam them. I agree about lmg's needing more recoil. smg's seem to have plenty of recoil imo. Now I son't have all the weapons memorized but the M27, isn't that the one that says reduced recoil due to slow fire rate. What they really need to do is make the recoil different each time for all guns. Random meaning the gun may kick up and right one time and up and left  and maybe strait up. Randomize it so that these people with modded controllers have the same disadvantage as the rest of us. I really don't mind the auto fire controllers so much as I can fire fast enough with my finger but those controllers that can be programmed to counter recoil automatically, thats cheating. Randomize the recoil, please.

chadburlington

here we go, this is why the smg"s in black ops 1 sucked so bad you could barely do anything w them, atleast in black ops 2 they serve a purpose. what it is is that people think that by whinning and getting weapons nerfed that there not gonna suck, sad to say that if you suck you suck, get over it and play something else, right now i havent seen any weapons being overly used or being to powerful so take this bs some were else, oh and if your serious id like to know your k/d and proff, if its under 1.5 what i wrote applys to you...

xxspectrexx

What the Hell? Who told you the MP7 fired a .45ACP? Lol anyway, the MSMC is perfect where it's at. The shotguns should get a small damage buff and a small range nerf to balance it a bit, otherwise they are good. Snipers are awesome but sometimes can be inconsistent with OSK. Maybe they can remove the damage drop off for the snipers.

And BTW the MP7 does fire a .45cal bullt. Look it up honey. The Mp5 fired a 9mm round where the Mp7 fires the .45 cal round. .45cal round is what is used for Desert eagles. Learn your guns my friend.

The MP7 fires the HK 4.6x30mm round. 4.6mm is NOT .45ACP. The main variable in felt recoil is the mass of the projectile, the round the MP7 fires weighs in at 42 grains (2.7 grams) on the heavy side whereas the most typical weight for a .45ACP round is 200 grains (13 grams).

Also the Desert Eagle does not fire the .45ACP cartridge. This handgun is most commonly seen chambered for the .50AE round, and was in fact the first handgun to fire this cartridge after its development in 1988. The firearm can be fitted with separate barrels to fire .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum, .440 Cor-bon, and .41 Magnum, none of which are the .45ACP round.

The only weapons in BO2 that fire the .45ACP cartridge are the Vector and the TAC 45.

nflfenatic

Must be a new calibre for the desert eagle. The original desert eagle only came in 357 mag and 44 mag. Then came the 50 calibre desert eagle. They must have changed the bolt assembly to make it fire the 45 acp. The original bolt design would not fire that style of casing.

nflfenatic

u might want to look it up. the mp7 fires a 4.6x30mm standard nato cartridge.

iAmEFFeX

Sure, let's nerf every gun and make them all exactly the same, that's a lot of fun.

trialstardragon

Nerf your complaints.

Buff your skills.

the only true thing that needs to be done.

There are no op or up weapons in this game. just people that do not know how to use the weapons to how the devs decided they should work now.

Right....... no gun is OP and btw My k.d is 3.6 GF kid. the B93R isn't OP right.........thats why it can kill in 1 shot in Reqular, learn your ****, before you open your mouth.

trialstardragon

I do know my weapons and how to use them and there is no such thing as Op weapons, just easy weapons that get used more than the weapons that take more skill to use; but that does not make them OP.

There is no such thing as op weapons just up players that cannot handle a player that can use the weapon effectively.

I have the svu at gold, had it at gold by second prestige, finished off gold mtar, and nearly gold mk48 and still not even to 3rd prestige. I guess because I could get those to gold player card and cammo so easily that should make them op then eh and not up like some may say.

"I do know my weapons and how to use them and there is no such thing as Op weapons, just easy weapons that get used more than the weapons that take more skill to use; but that does not make them OP.

There is no such thing as op weapons just up players that cannot handle a player that can use the weapon effectively.

I have the svu at gold, had it at gold by second prestige, finished off gold mtar, and nearly gold mk48 and still not even to 3rd prestige. I guess because I could get those to gold player card and cammo so easily that should make them op then eh and not up like some may say."

Well not everyone is you. Alot of people deam alot of those guns OP, now if you read the post closely very little have todo with damage but, more Recoil.

SitRepPro

trialstardragon wrote:

There are no op or up weapons in this game. just people that do not know how to use the weapons to how the devs decided they should work now.

LMGs might be considered UP.

trialstardragon

Tell that to my mk48 that is nearly gold second prestige and I am only second prestige at the moment with two other gold weapons too. I totally mow down ar and smg users with that gun at long ranges and with the vz and supressor I mow down most snipers at long ranges. the lmgs are far from being up. Yet in the same tone none of the weapon are op. they each have their good and bad sides. It is the skill of the player and not the gun itself that determiens how well each gun really works.

NsMost of these nerf ideas suck

Really non of this needs nerf.non

If you have this many options of an op gun,pick one

Catfishbillyy

I personally think its the MAPS that make the guns powerfull or not to be honest, because theres different maps where some guns are OP and others where they are useless i personally think at this moment with these maps the SMGs have a overall edge on everything else just because of the maps.

All the shotguns could do with a mega range buff. I have fire a shotgun, and I don't know bout you, but the pellets sure as hell don't dissapear after 10 feet...

No idea why you slate the range on the 870, it's short but not as bad as  you make it out. Just ADS centre of mass and it's instakill 9/10 times.

Also, the PDW and MSMC are the lowest damage per second sub machine guns, leave them as they are.

Crossbow is designed to get direct impacts. You get 6 bolts...

Only thing that needs a buff is a Dragonfire. Anyone with an L1 button can instakill it. God help you if they have Black Hats or a SMAW

Ghost only works when you are running? I did not know that. Is this confirmed?

The maps are small, enemies spawn everywhere. Behind you, right in front of you etc.

So, if you need to run the entire match, where can you run to? If you run around like a chicken, you 100 percent surely gets the enemies spawn right behind you. If you run into the open, you for sure are not a ghost as the perks says. They will see you at once.

The ghost perk are completely useless.

You can run but you can`t hide.

I agree with buffing the SVU-AS, but it isn't supposed to take 3-5 shots to kill. It's 2 shots guaranteed kill, with one of them being to the head w/out a silencer. It is indeed heavily outclassed by the FAL and SMR, because they function as battle rifles like the SVU-AS, but do a much better job, because they outclass the SVU-AS in 10 ways.

What you might be experiencing could be real though. There is apparently a hitbox glitch on the SVU-AS that sometimes does not register shots to the chest and shoulders. Youtube driftor SVU-AS hitbox glitch. Driftor is the guy that made the video. Here's hoping it gets patchd.

Going back to buffing the SVU-AS, I think it should OSOK tot he neck w/out a silencer, and OSOK to the head with a silencer. Right now, the SVU-AS already has two disadvantages with using the silencer. For one, no OSOK area, and secondly--it actually gains a noticable amount of recoil as well.

Compare this to the the other 3 sniper rifles, which ALL at least OSOK to the head, neck, upper chest, and upper arms. They hardly get any damage drop offs, and maintain huge OSOK areas. SVU-AS needs to OSOK with a silencer to compete with them. Head would be fine.

SMR should also get a buff too. Make it equal to FAL's ROF, and I would trade FAL's hipfire spread with the SMR. Would make FAL more balanced in the process.

Anyway please go to my thread and support getting the SVU-AS buffed guys!

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413608464#413608464

adw1983

Skorpion EVO: Nerf it's appearance.

It looks like the coolest gun EVER, making the G36C from CoD4 look old.

I go around wanting people to kill me with it so that I can see it in the killcam.

===========

Seriously though: (Well. I was kind of serious already)

STRAFE SPEED: REDUCE IT.

On consoles, a fast strafe speed == invulnerability in close quarters.

Add the fact that people need to stand still for you to be able to hit them at times with the heavy desynchronization, and you have a recipe for frustration.

AIM ASSIST: It is broken.

I can't count the times it simply does not work.

In fact, in a private match while testing weapons, it failed completely for a whole life:

My friend ran in front of me while I was testing the crossbow.

I noticed that my sight didn't follow him the slightest, because all I did was press the button when he was in my sight.

He was in the open right in front of me and the sight did not budge when he strafed past.

He could do it again and again and again, and I asked him if he had aim assist with his weapons.

He did.

I did not.

He killed me, and on my next life -- I had aim assist with my crossbow again on that same, short, range.

ALL SMGs:

Give half of them noticeable sway, so that aiming becomes difficult.

Give the other half more vertical recoil, so that hitting becomes more difficult.

I'm obviously not asking for the developers to make them useless, or to add impossibly much sway -- just so much sway that the SMG user cannot tap-fire 6 rounds on long range and kill someone in 0.4 seconds because every tap-fired shot is on target because the sway is so low that the weapon CAN be tap-fired on all ranges. In hardcore, two taps on any SMG is enough.

Consider the fact that assault rifles also need two hits on those ranges.

Quickdraw handle: Reduce the ADS speed to 0.75 or 0.80 x so that players only get one shot fired before the enemy.

The Skorpion EVO fires 3 rounds before the opponent using the same weapon has fired his first shot.

The same applies to the SWAT556 and Type 25.

Consider giving the SVU a quickdraw handle because it cannot be used for quickscoping when it cannot one hit kill to the chest.

Bolt action snipers: Give them slightly more sway, but make it slow.

Right now snipers can sit and point at a corner and wait for people on long range without needing to hold breath.

XPR50: Reduce sway slightly to make it competetive, or make it's sway slower.

It's the only sniper you HAVE TO hold breath to use. The ONLY one.

The range indicator is useless, too.

SVU: It's a compact sniper rifle that needs two hits to kill. What advantages does a lightweight compact sniper rifle have in real life?

It's easy and fast to aim. Ingame it's just as slow as 10 kilo full sized .50 bipod sniper rifles.

A slight rate of fire buff would also help, after giving it a base 0.35 ADS speed.

SMR: Think for a second. If every rifle has one strong range, what is the strong range of SMR?

Short range where it can't hit stuff through cover, as it needs to, fast enough to kill?

Medium range where it can't hit stuff through cover, as it needs to, fast enough to kill?

Long range where it can't hit stuff through cover, as it needs to, fast enough to kill?

I don't mind the recoil.

I mind the fact that this is practically a cover based shooter, and that the FAL can hit people lightning fast ABOVE the cover and kill enemies before the recoil has settled for the SMR -- forcing the user of the SMR to brute-force enemies by shooting through the cover after the first shot above the cover.

Increase base damage to 65 and 45, and consider improving bullet penetration slightly more.

The FAL outperforms the SMR for through-cover shooting, too, with only 10 less damage before the cover up to medium range, firing faster and with greater accuracy.

Then keep in mind that SMR is laughably pathetic on longer ranges compared to the FAL.

Also consider giving it the same rate of fire as FAL: It won't hit anything when hip-fired anyway, and you already need to wield a pistol for short range to be competitive when you use the SMR.

FAL: Consider making it a 4 hit kill on 75 meters / 210 feet range to let SMR stand a tiny chance in hell of being used for long range combat.

Currently prestiging the FAL, I dread going back to the SMR because long range engagements are so easy with the FAL, while it dominates short range too and hit stuff over the cover with ease.

SCAR-H: It's a sinister joke, and best used camping behind a thick, THICK piece of cover versus enemies in the open.

Grip: Make it do something for non LMGs.

Seriously: Test it ingame and try to see if it has any noticeable effect on the SCAR-H or SMR or FAL.

If there is any effect, I don't know of any friend -- technically savvy or not -- that is capable of detecting any change in performance.

On the contrary, on the reflex sight grip silencer SMR, a friend told me he felt that it was more accurate than the reflex sight silencer SMR in a private match accuracy test.

I concluded that I could not spot any difference -- just as with the SCAR-H.

================

Finally: The usage statistics WILL be misleading.

At the least in my case.

Let me show an example:

In Modern Warfare 3 I always used the Mk14 and RSASS.

But when the skill of the opponents was too rough, I switched over to ACR.

What happens?

My Mk14 kill death ratio remains high, but my ACR kill death ratio suffers.

The same applies to Black Ops 2:

When I fail with the SMR, I go on the FAL and then on the SWAT556 and then on the PDW57.

The result: My FAL, SWAT556 and PDW57 ratios are negatively affected, while my SMR is positively affected.

Yet my FAL has a higher KD at the moment, despite being a fall-back-on weapon.