18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 11:45 PM by Catfishbillyy RSS

What Happened To Ghost!

ultimateme

Ghost, by far my favorite perk, is now useless. The old ghost was the awesome imune to uav, which suited my playstlye of sneaking around and killing from behind. When i heard ghost required you to be moving i hoped it was going to be something like if you haven' moved in the past 5 seconds you would be visible to stop some campers, but as i found out it was stupid with the new rule. You have to be walking or faster which means you are visible while you are moving ADS, crouching, and prone. The description of the perk says if your arrow on the map is slightly faded ghost is active, so if you are not sprinting or walking you are visible. I have had people call in a uav and when i sneak around to them, when i ads they the spin around and kill me. So has this happened to you?

  • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
    The_Mctavish

    Yeah it sucks, this game has single handedly ruined the series for me. Treyarch has alienated the biggest group of its community with that nonsense, the way way IW did with quick scoping.

  • Re: What Happened To Ghost!

    People stop asking what happened to Ghost! They Dedicated this game to Campers(Maps) and Rushers. The BS of where you can have 6 Perks at a time is just pathetic. Rush around with light weight and ghost, hell throw in Extreme conditioning, a nice OP smg, and you'd be on the top of the leaderboard every game.

    • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
      Film_Not_Rated

      They dedicated this game to Youtubers and "MLG Pro" CoD players, which I don't know you can be a pro in this series.

      • Re: What Happened To Ghost!

        ahahahah, Man I used to be one of the top players until this game. I suck with SMGs, also I hate them. I forced to use Either a Shoty, or a SMG, my most dreaded guns. I'm also, forced to be a Rusher or a camper. It's no more about controlling the map, more like Racking up kills, and points. No wonder ever FPS game this year is dominating BO2.

        • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
          danielbondnz

          Caesar_of_Rome wrote:

           

          ahahahah, Man I used to be one of the top players until this game. I suck with SMGs, also I hate them. I forced to use Either a Shoty, or a SMG, my most dreaded guns. I'm also, forced to be a Rusher or a camper. It's no more about controlling the map, more like Racking up kills, and points. No wonder ever FPS game this year is dominating BO2.

          Yea man, I have a proud record at cod, until this game, and just like you im terrible with the SMG's but the assult rifles are too weak to use. Id like to think I will adapt, but right now Im struggling to find motivation to play. I think ill likely end up back on MW3, until the next IW release. I love IW.

  • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
    Cablez

    Use the search function and you'll find out.

  • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
    danielbondnz

    Yep, initially I thought it was a great idea, but now I cant take a look around to check my path, I feel like ill be shot the second I stop.

     

    Treyarch have tried WAY to hard to please minority moaners.

     

    There is no tactic in this game, just a big mess of lag and craziness.

    • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
      r8edtripx

      danielbondnz wrote:

       

      Yep, initially I thought it was a great idea, but now I cant take a look around to check my path, I feel like ill be shot the second I stop.

       

      Treyarch have tried WAY to hard to please minority moaners.

       

      There is no tactic in this game, just a big mess of lag and craziness.

      Take a look at your minimap. When Ghost is protecting you, your yellow triangle fades and when Ghost stops protecting you, your yellow triangle pops back to a bright yellow.

      You'll find that Ghost doesn't stop working the second you slow down, there's more than enough time to stop, look around and then start moving again.

       

      I'm definitely a fan of the new Ghost. I'm glad to see the devs have been listening to the COD community.

       

      It cracks me up when I hear that some people are going back to MW3. MW3 is far inferior to Black Ops and Black Ops 2.

      • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
        danielbondnz

        r8edtripx

         

        It cracks me up when I hear that some people are going back to MW3. MW3 is far inferior to Black Ops and Black Ops 2.

        Thats a matter of oppinion, my oppinion is that BO and BO2 are the 2 most laggy glitchy and worst connections of any in the series, maybe WAW could also compete for the laggy title.

         

        Treyarch cant do good connections, they have proved that for the 3rd time now.

      • Re: What Happened To Ghost!

        r8edtripx wrote:

         

         

        I'm definitely a fan of the new Ghost. I'm glad to see the devs have been listening to the COD community.

         

        It cracks me up when I hear that some people are going back to MW3. MW3 is far inferior to Black Ops and Black Ops 2.

         

        Wiggy a fan as well, only someone who camps senselessly is afraid of the new ghost.

         

        Encourage those to go back to MW3, rubbish is hard to rid ourselves of.

  • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
    kustom shoota

    Haha, another camper who no longer has the ability to camp and hide on the radar at the same time.  Boo hoo.

    • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
      SphinxTalkin

      People need to stop using the "camping" excuse as to why people want ghost back. Ghost was a great asset to have when trying to flank the enemy team. Now If I get into any sort of gun battle I show up on the radar. Ghost should remain active for the ammount of time it takes to stop, locate the UAV, fire a rocket/blackhat and destroy it. So roughly 5-6seconds after you stop.

       

      After that I agree you should show up on the mini-map. But this damn red dot chasing has got to end. The mini-map shouldn't be the most powerful thing in the game.

  • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
    gallp13

    One code change will make 90% folks happy allow stealth flank while prevent camping. Try

     

    Stoptimer=1 to Stoptimer=3

     

    Fixed.

    • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
      SphinxTalkin

      I'm just disgusted with how they broke up the defensive perks. Instead of 3 perks like previous titles now you need 6, which you can do, but not without giving up everything but a primary without any attachments.

       

      Got thrown into a game earlier that had numerous UAV's, a stealth chopper, lightning strikes, VSATS, VTOLS. etc etc etc and I just left. Absolutely stupid how they did perks in this game.

      • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
        Catfishbillyy

        i was just in a game and i was running and it felt like everyone knew where i was even when i had ghost, so i started to shoot down UAVs because it was getting ridiculous but the numerous entry points to every single place in the game meant i got shot in the back everytime i looked up to shoot down a uav.. such a garbage implentation of everything in this game and 3arc's logic is just as garbage.

        • Re: What Happened To Ghost!
          r8edtripx

          Catfishbillyy wrote:

           

          i was just in a game and i was running and it felt like everyone knew where i was even when i had ghost, so i started to shoot down UAVs because it was getting ridiculous but the numerous entry points to every single place in the game meant i got shot in the back everytime i looked up to shoot down a uav.. such a garbage implentation of everything in this game and 3arc's logic is just as garbage.

          You "felt" like everyone knew where you were even when you had Ghost? Are you saying that you were moving fast enough, but Ghost wasn't working?