1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 9, 2013 9:37 AM by JamesR404 RSS

Client crashes as soon as I run - PC

Hi,

I bought Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and after installing the game it just doesn't run, I have tried all three modes; Single Player, Multiplayer & Zombies and they all crash instantly. When I open SP it just displays a black screen and plays about 5 seconds of intro sound. I Ctrl, Alt & Del and open the task manager to find the program no longer responding. Zombies and Multiplayer just hangs on the title screen.

I have tried the following:

- Reinstalling both the game and the Steam client.

- Verifying integrity of game (in Steam).

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the latest graphic drivers.

- Running COD as administrator and applying the date change supposed workaround.

None of the above has made the slightest bit of difference to the issue I'm having.

I'm running on a laptop, specs below:

Intel Core i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB

16GB Samsung 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX 11

240GB Intel 520 Series SSD, SATA 6Gb/s

Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

• Re: Client crashes as soon as I run - PC
    JamesR404

I have exactly the same issue you are having. Exactly that, game menu is there, and it hangs after 5 to 10 seconds.

If I am reaaaaally fast and lucky I can join a game, once I'm in a game all is fine. But sometimes it takes me hours and hours before I get in. Not what I expected to purchase!

Noteworthy is that I have exactly the same specs you have.... same processor, memory, graphics card. DirectX 11.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Why isn't anyone from Activision providing answers to support queries? I still have a few days to return the game, which I'll do if this can't get fixed.