6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 9:03 AM by RAMBONER RSS

5 games, Same players, Same Ol' problem and complaint with COD.

RAMBONER

I know the horse is dead and beaten and this is a long winded post but last night was by far the most extreme "sway" I have ever experienced while in the same lobby with 10 of 12 players remaining the same.  I was only in a party with 1 friend.

All Domination.

Game 1: I go 44-6 with 7 captures and a bunch of defends.  My teammates all went negative by a large margin but were all "flag cappers" so I was able to do some more killing and kill the other team as they were coming to kill my teammates while capping.  Usually I am the one dying on the flag.  After the match the other team were all cool guys and we were all laughing about one of them standing on my head on B before I shot him in the sack.  ( they all stayed in the lobby)

Game 2:  56-12 with 6 caps.  My teammates stayed about the same and 2 guys on the other team had good games.

Game 3:  36-22 with 8 caps.  Close game and I died on B many, many times so deaths were well earned.

Game 4:  14-22 with 5 caps  (started the match 2-10).  COD has flipped the switch.   I cannot kill anyone unless I am at their side or behind them I see someone and I am dead.  The only gun fights I can win is long range ones (as hit detection seems better at range).

Game 5:  20-28 with  6 caps.  An easy win score wise but cannot kill again unless it is at range or I am not in front of the other player.

I am a wreckless fast paced player so once in awhile the cards line up and I have really, really good games but the first 3 games were definately beyond that.  They were the  games I see posted on here and on youtube where you watch them and go "dam I wish I could kill that easy".  I never died without seeing a red screen first and every single bullet out of my gun registered.  Talking with the other team between matches they said they werent lagging but bullets were doing "less" damage.  My reply was "wow I finallly had it on my side".  It was the first sequence of games since I bought the game that went like that.  Then, with the same players in the lobby a switch flipped and I was on the side that my opponents were on the 3 previous games.

So my question is which game is the "real" game or the way it is supposed to play?  Is it my first 3 games (very doubtfull) or my last 2 games (also doubtfull)?  It is a fundamental problem with the consistancy with these games where you can take away variables like who is in the lobby, or changing skill of the lobby and even without those variables there is very little consistancy. 

• Re: 5 games, Same players, Same Ol' problem and complaint with COD.
    sstang1

There definitely is a problem with consistency - MW3 had some of it as well but not this bad.

I usually jump on and do well my first few games and then it gets worse and worse from there - its like theres a handicapping system to the game.

See how you said you did really well at first - and then things got worse and worse - thats what I experience as well.

RAMBONER wrote:

So my question is which game is the "real" game or the way it is supposed to play?  Is it my first 3 games (very doubtfull) or my last 2 games (also doubtfull)?  It is a fundamental problem with the consistancy with these games where you can take away variables like who is in the lobby, or changing skill of the lobby and even without those variables there is very little consistancy. 

This statement addresses the very same thought I had the other day. How good a player am I really? When I go up against people who appear God like, do I really suck or is it just lag. When I'm performing really well - is it because other people are having connection issues?

I don't know, and this issue is what makes the game so frustrating. The situation feels like COD is trying to give everyone a  great experiences when playing, feeling like they can kill anyone and everyone. However this experience comes at the expense of other peoples perfomance, so to counter that, each person gets a 'turn' at having a good experience.

Realistically this is not the situation the developers are attempeting to create, however this is what the majority of players experince and this is why we see no many people complaining about the game.

h1r0l3r

I think they purposefully do this so that every player on MW3/BLOPS 2 gets a faint glimmer of hope that things are on the up and up. In MW3, playing SnD I'd go 11-2, 12-1, 10-0.etc. Couple games later, 2-5, 4-6, 1-7. etc. I'm not the greatest player nor am I the worst. This crap is bogus and will probably never be addressed cuz it makes for better gameplay for everyone. This game isn't about skill, but connection. Seems like those with the cheap, crappy internet fair better than those who shell out $100 per month on super fast internet.

WolfRidge

h1r0l3r wrote:

I think they purposefully do this so that every player on MW3/BLOPS 2 gets a faint glimmer of hope that things are on the up and up. In MW3, playing SnD I'd go 11-2, 12-1, 10-0.etc. Couple games later, 2-5, 4-6, 1-7. etc. I'm not the greatest player nor am I the worst. This crap is bogus and will probably never be addressed cuz it makes for better gameplay for everyone. This game isn't about skill, but connection. Seems like those with the cheap, crappy internet fair better than those who shell out $100 per month on super fast internet.

I don't have great internet as you do, Not because of cost, but geographical location  

I experience all the problems you do?

The myth about lesser internet connections is getting tired!

Blame the game, not other Gamers

x-Smoke-x

Me 2 bro. Its the lag compensation system they have in place. My guess the "real" game is somewhere close to GAME 3 that you played.

Show your support and ask them to FIX THE LAG ISSUES and stop the roller coaster gameplay, by posting here.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413641923#413641923

RAMBONER

Good posts guys.

Its the same problem MW3 had.  I would see videos posted on here and watch them and think.....wow I have never, once had a game where guys died that easy. 

My first 3 games werent all connection.  Some things just went my way where I would be shooting a guy and 2 others came out behind him right in my line of fire so part of it was just when all kinds of bad **** goes right haa....  I definately, without a doubt had a better "connection" then my opponents did though and seeing a red screen was a crazy change for me.  Did I have an unfair advantage or was the game just running properly for me and not them?  Who knows and who knows how many "beasts" out there have that connectivity every single time they play.  I know if my connection was like that even half of the time I would think I was much better then I do now and in reality my play would have nothing to do with me being "better".

It ties back to the countless threads on here about "skill", "KDR" etc. and when it all boils down to it none of us know how the game is "supposed" to run.  I guess if you had a bunch of friends in the same house with great internet all playing private matches you would get a taste of how the game is supposed to play. 

@Wolf.....Im glad you said that man.  Geography ties my hands as well.  I live an hour and a half south of Denver so its not like I am in the "toolies" but the best internet I can get where I live is 8meg DSL.  I hardwire, my Modem is DMZ'd and when I play nothing else in my house is running online and I too have the same problems often.  Guys skipping around the map, cant reload or respawn sometimes, instant deaths and full magazines of marshmellows in my guns.