21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2012 5:38 PM by Agent1404 RSS

why is hardscoping called noobish?

sickazitgetzz

i was called a noob for sniping the proper way imo. who ever said quickscoping was the only way to snipe lol

• Re: why is hardscoping called noobish?
    half-megatron

one word...Kids.

Noob_Lyncher

Because garbage players get mad, no matter what you kill them with.

Snipingdbag

I guess when people / teens started calling steadying the aim (which you should do whenever you have the time for inch precision) hardscoping..

It makes the children feel better about themselves for exploiting the game mechanics...

Takes the focus off of them and normalises glitchscoping...

It takes longer to line up a shot and it's more difficult to do, so why would these kids snipe properly?

Some of them can't even say the word "Sniping" for some reason, they think it's "Snipering"???

Because this game is all about quickscoping and trick shots, duh! You actually thought you were supposed to use the sniper rifle like an actual sniper rifle? That's crazy talk.

KTPhoenix

the reasons are simple. they think "hardscoping" takes less skill because you are constantly aiming down the sights waiting for someone to come into the crosshairs. but they say QS takes more skill because they are trying to get kills by running around and doing quick aiming or as i like to call "fancy scope work". then again, i dont see how going negative every match by QS takes more skill than going positive more than half the time by "hardscoping". hardscoper may not get that many kills (maybe 10 or 12) but we also dont get as many deaths as those asshats either.

what these people dont realise is that they are one of the most hated groups of people out there. im not saying they are THE most hated, but they are certainly up there on the list. the mentality most of them have is completely childish.

Id say they ARE the most hated haha. You here people complaining about quickscopers more than any other type of player out there besides campers, but thats different since everyone does it. Also, i quickscope sometimes with the acog on the msr. But, its mostly in around corner surprises, or when i turn around and see some dude looking right at me. Its funny because im pretty sure 80% of the people i kill think i quickscoped them, when in reality i was already aiming down the sites since i have an acog scope.

You have to just move on and ignore people sometimes. I personnaly love to quickscope, but when I enter a match I start off hardscoping a bit and if I am comfortable begin quickscoping. And of course I can't always quickscope, you have to think wether or not it would be a good time to hard scope or quickscope. I usually end the game with about 30+ kills when I have a sniper in my hand.

electricfuneralfire

The whole hardscoping being noobish thing is a defense mechanism for the quickscopers. What I mean is they say hardscoping is easier than QSing therefore whoever hardscopes are the noobs and the QSers are the ones with skill.

You will never see a military sniper quick scope a target.

But on MW3 its all about whatever you can do that takes little effort and skill to kill and win.

The idea in most peoples minds is get the most powerful and fastest weapons because it takes less talent which is what they have "less talent".

yadamus

There is no such thing as "hardscoping"

Hardscoping = sniping the real way

No mater what they say this game is designed for kids who like to " trick shot " and think they are skilled or talented.

I let my nephew see Sniper elite v2, first thing he said " can you quick scope ? "

NO SOD OFF!

I was laughing my socks of watching him try to play.I was the same on Battlefield Bad company 2 .No idea.

Elitetank56

Ok here's the deal man i'm 14 and i'm not some kid you mainly think about, QS is not nooby it's something people do to have more fun than playing with a shotgun or assault rifle because you do things like tricks and some things that people do are AMAZING, but i tend to do QS with either MSR or Barrett 50.cal because they are great guns but i tend to play normally with snipers and QS i do sometimes but normally i go P90 because it destroys the whole opponents team quickly if used in the correct manner.

guys if you wanna add me and hear some more oponions from me my GamerTag is:

• HAZ3 AVENG3R.

P.S. guys my mic may make me sound like i'm a 10 year old but i'm legit 14 in like a week so yeah.

Elitetank56

Ok here's the deal man i'm 14 and i'm not some kid you mainly think about, QS is not nooby it's something people do to have more fun than playing with a shotgun or assault rifle because you do things like tricks and some things that people do are AMAZING, but i tend to do QS with either MSR or Barrett 50.cal because they are great guns but i tend to play normally with snipers and QS i do sometimes but normally i go P90 because it destroys the whole opponents team quickly if used in the correct manner.

HAZ3 AVENG3R.

P.S. guys my mic may make me sound like i'm a 10 year old but i'm legit 14 in like a week so yeah.

Elitetank56

HAZ3 AVENG3R.

It doesn't make any difference to me how I get sniped.  Though I have to laugh at myself at how frustrating it is to get quick scoped more than once in a game.  I don't have a fast connection so I always feel like I'm moving super slow in the game anyway.

i agree, ive been called a noob while playing a private match with a friend for hardscoping its not the only way to snipe

I agree with the people who said it's mainly kids and teens. Let's be real here. WHEN in real life, would you ever see a sniper "Quickscope" or "No Scope"? Snipers are all about stealth and waiting for the right moment to get the perfect shot for the perfect kill. If a sniper ever "Quickscoped" or "No Scoped" in real life, they'd probably be dead in a minute because they managed to blow their own cover and took meaning away from the word "stealth".