41 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 4:51 PM by motamonster420 RSS

Lost Steel Barriers ?

R-P-H

Hi, it took me quite a while to unlock the 'steel' barriers in Tranzit, I think I had to get about 2500 points just from barriers to unlock it, which isn't all that easy to do. In future games both custom, solo, and co-op, I kept the steel barriers (as did my partner when playing splitscreen). Today though I started a game & found that I no longer have them !!?? I'm pretty pissed off, considering Treyarch give no indication about this & for some people it unlocks after repairing the same window just 50 times. What's the deal ? Maybe if you drop below a certain rank you lose it ? Having been messing around tryna do the easter eggs and what-not I may have dropped one tally mark, but this would be a stupid reason. Any ideas ?

Edit : Not too difficult to get the upgraded barriers as it turns out, just repair the same window approximately 50 times on at least round 10. Never bothered to update this post until now...

Message was edited by: R-P-H

• Re: Lost Permanent Steel Barriers ?
    R-P-H

Just checked & I've lost deadshot too, I tried getting it back (got 2 headshots with 1 bullet numerous times) and nothing.....Still have quick revive though which is weird...

Im pretty sure this is to do with holding the navcard, seen loads of people say this and i started losing deadshot and barrier when i had the navcard, but i havent lost quick revive ever. Im curious to whether its a glitch or done on purpose

R-P-H

Thing is, I can't get deadshot back ? Haven't completed the ee yet, but I do have the table and card....Maybe it's actually just the game glitching...Although obviously people still don't know why sometimes your screen shows more navcards than other times...dunno, but kind of annoying after having done the work for the barrier....

SidneyDavington

Idk eithger i got the dead SHot Like 5 times last Night which is why I ASSUME i have to earn it EVERYGAME... I previously had qr and Many others now its like I have to reearn them All everytime

NotablePie

i never seen a vid of people on a solo game with more as 1 navcard

always is on multiplayers, aren't your navcards, are the other players navcards

just look at how nicely those navcards line up with their score, and your navcard with your score

R-P-H

Oh yes definitely, It's always been my thought that it appears next to the people that have them, but that's been proven to not be the case, and yes there's only 1 in solo. When I play with friends sometimes we all have, sometimes we don't.

For me, I just don't really care anymore, Treyarch have kept so quiet on the matter (like perma-perks) and it seems so random (some people get steel barriers after reparing the same barrier 50 times), I can't unlock deadshot, they go missing etc that I just say screw them, probably more down to a glitch than anything else...

CombustiblSquid

Try getting 3 headshots with one bullet on like round 1 with the m14, I had the same problem as you until I tried that and bam first time I did it overkill was back.

Me too, I was playing two days ago and I noticed I did not have the steel barriers anymore but I did have my quick revive. Also I was training that day and 3 times I had that green thing show up in front of me wile shooting them in the head.

CHRISSY

although all these little easter eggs are making the game more interesting, treyarc do need to give out a little more info, especcially if the loss of these perks is a glitch or if it is infact another easter egg itself, u cant put in all these cool we add-ons and tell u its permanent when infact it might not be

ANSWERS WOULD BE NICE FROM TREYARC BUT PROB NEVER HAPPEN

Add me to this list.  I earned the metal barriers and then lost them for what seems like no reason at all, 3 matches later.  I also had deadshot and it appears that I lost it and, as mentioned above, now cannot get it back.  Quick revive has stayed with me.

Easter egg, bonus, glitch, gift, whatever; this is immensely frustrating.

IntimidAzN

Here's what I posted in another thread. The main point is that it didn't start happening til after I got a navcard and a sound plays each time I lose perks. Kinda like a zombies version of a "womp womp womp" sound haha. I think everyone should pay attention to the sound playing and try to find a pattern in when it happens. Here's what I wrote at http://community.callofduty.com/message/413655743 :

OK guys, I just edited a clip in theater mode of me getting the deadshot perk (look for the green mist behind all the killing in the beginning) and then in the same game losing the perk. You can hear the sound when I lose the perk (as I mentioned in my previous reply). It happens right as I end round 7, so you hear the end of the round sound plus this "descending tone" (the best I can explain it).

The sound and losing the perk has happened to me a bunch of times, each time I was doing different things. Most of the time it has been when I had just killed a zombie, but one time I was just waiting for the mystery box to give me my gun, and another time I was just walking around...

Also, as previously mentioned I have the navcard and didn't notice losing any permaperks til I picked it up in Solo mode, but for some reason it isn't showing in this video. It probably just doesn't show in theater mode.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6CzmLShrrU

R-P-H

Interesting, you didn't lose a rank did you ? Maybe that's what it indicates and what causes one to lose the perks. Although then again, I know this isn't the multiplayer forum, but it could be down to the fact that this is the worst call of duty made, pitty considering overall I think Black Ops 1 is the best...Treyarch don't say ****, so it could all be glitchy, who knows...

IntimidAzN

Nope didn't lose rank. In the video that's like the 5th time I heard the noise and lost the perks. I was purposefully trying to gain it again and lose it for this video and to see if I can find a pattern. So far it seems COMPLETELY random.

R-P-H

Hmm, yea who knows anymore....

IntimidAzN

Yeah. Seems like treyarch is just in the mood to annoy the hell out of its players now. I just played another game, got deadshot in round 2, heard the sound after killing a zombie on round 9 (body shot kill, maybe if I killed with a headshot I wouldn't have lost it just yet) and voila no more deadshot. This time the sound was much clearer cause it wasn't end if round. I'm trying to load it up in theater to make anither video but it freezes when I hit start film now. Good job treyarch!!

But I am noticing that I think most if my loss of deadshot happened when a zombie died. I don't think I've ever lost it from killing a zombie with a headshot. So maybe they recently implemented a certain amount of non headshot kills you are allowed to have before losing the perk? That doesn't explain why I lost steel barriers (and have only been playing single player so not sure if I still have quick revive).

That doesn't explain the times I lost deadshot when I wasn't killing though. Maybe there was a crawler that died cause I was too far and that counted as a no headshot kill?

Regardless, treyarch has successfully pissed me off. How about you guys?

Same thing happened here. No idea as to why. I can confirm it has nothing to do with the Nav Card. I've had the Nav Card since a couple days after this game was released (I don't feel like doing the ee) and I have never lost these perks.

Now, my friend (who doesn't have the Nav Card) and I have both lost the permaperks in the same game. Neither of us remember any sort of sound out of the ordinary.

So, two people, one with and without the nav card, both lost the permaperks at the same time, so I don't think they're related.

Edit: Also, I have/had Quick Revive, "Overkill" (the headshot perk), and Steel Barriers and they're all gone.

Aecetym

Lost the steel barriers to, but had them still like 3 hour back, what happened to it?

KingGnarthur

I had quick revive, and the barrier upgrade perma-perk. Then played solo and picked up a navcard. Haven't had either of them since, but I do start every round with a navcard. What the hell is going on with those navcards? Played a few games last night with the same people and we had different numbers of navcards a few differenet times, and none of them had picked one up. Weird stuff.

Tattoo247

After a few days break, I lost my steel barrier, and over kill. Havnt played with friends to see if my quick revive is gone too. But pretty much the game expects you to commit your console to it, like some sort of attention seeking jealous boy/girlfriend lol

"Oh you played tekken for a couple days without turning me on?, DEEEEEEMOTE"!

IntimidAzN

Gr... http://community.callofduty.com/message/413660693#413660693

That explains why I couldn't get into theater mode and it kept completely freezing my ps3 where I had to hard reset it multiple times. More treyarch fail. It's a shame... I actually liked Black Ops 1. What happened?

clarkygtr

i got deranked after not playing for nearly a week i thought id lost steel barriers, but i noticed sometimes i had them and sometimes i didnt and when rebuilding all windows they were rebuilding faster than normal and i could rebuild 2 windows on the bus at once.

SamawesomePage

Here's what I know:

you lose quick revive when you get half way through reviving someone stop then they die

steel barrriers you lose if you let zombie in before fully built (guess) and you have to build a barrier a round

you lose ph flopper by holding a grenade in hand then blowing up

I hve no xp using deadshot (i dont aim)

KILLemZOMBIES

http://youtu.be/fmBxhaxLK3U

here i got a video were at 2:03 of the video i got the stell barriers. and b4 i started the video i was maby doing dat for 5 min at the most.

also i know iam on round 32 but i did not build a single window till i got to the power room and the zombie spawned thru the window. What i think:

*quick revive ull always have, u only lose it if u dont revive at least 10 times every game u play.

* all the other perma perk u have to earn at the start of the game so u can help u thru.