20 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2013 1:09 PM by 9410besi RSS

Black Ops 2 League Play question.. help please

hey everyone, i actually just made this account to post this one question because its bothering me and im a competitive player.

today i decided to try league play for the first time, mind that i did not compete in the trial season before this 1st season started, not sure it has an effect, but i played my 5 placement games and it was fun, i had a K/D of 2.50 and above every game and i think i won 3/5 and the 2 i lost was because team mates quit out. i was wondering why i was put into the bronze division? i was honestly expecting atleast silver i guess, what did i do wrong?

by the way i was in the new Team Deathmatch series for solo play, and after i got placed i got matched against a gold division team and we beat them pretty bad, i guess im just looking for reasons as to why i was placed so low? please dont flame me and say i need to play better.

thanks in advance

• Re: Black Ops 2 League Play question.. help please
    tracy

Even though you're on solo play it counts the team loss, when I played the trial season because the teams I was in lost a few matches I was demoted from Bronze to Iron, all I can suggest is party up with good friends and try to go for the win

bkblazer

I enjoyed League play. It seems there are many Gold, Siver and Bronze divisions. I was in a Gold Division and got demoted to Silver. Then ranked up again to a different Gold and was ranked 1st. I'ld like to see a layout of the entire league to see how many divisions there really are and how it works.

It's all about W/L.. I don't think K/D has anything to do with it.

Yeah I'm with you. I don't know what's up with the placement/ladder point system. During my placement matches during the trial run, I did okay individually (positive K/D) but my team lost 3 or 4 out of the 5 games. -- I was placed in the Silver Division.

Then Season 1 came along and I was determined to do better to maybe be placed in the Gold division. I performed great individually, having the top 1 or 2 scores for each game and my team one all but the last which was an overtime loss in CTF. -- I was placed in the Bronze division... What???

Granted I did well in my first few league matches and was promoted to the Silver division, but division placement doesn't seem to make sense. Perhaps they changed things from Trial to Season 1, but idk.

And the ladder points also seem random.  I win a match and gain 130 ladder points then win a match at the bottom of my team and gain 170 points. Lose a match and lose 100 here, lose a match horribly and lose 70 ladder points.  I am okay with gaining/losing points being based on the team winning/losing but I think there should be some emphasis on individual play.  If I am a huge contribution to my team winning I should win more points. And if I had a 0.33 KD ratio in TDM I should lose more points.

And I agree with bkblazer, I would like to see the league layout or at least some details on number of division, players in each division, etc.

brantelloveerboyvalentine

I won 4/5 games and my team all backed out and I got placed in bronze subdivision 90 but they should kick the people that don't play the objective because they bring other people's rank down

DaddyTinman

Grouping in a league match is key to getting a streak of wins.  I have seen those players who have never met each other before a match team up for the next match.  After a couple of matches, they have a full team and stick together while they play solo.

Our clan sponsors a League Night for solo players to get together.  This doesn't work out quite as good as I had hoped as therre are other time demands requiring attention from our clan's age group.

At least in the Team Deathmatch Series the objectives are very generic....kills and don't die.  You should have more luck there in keeping a team together of folks you don't know.

It looks like this is a pretty old post, but I have recently really gotten into league play, and so I figured I'd respond to this. A couple of you were onto the idea of league play when you say it isn't based off of your k/d. Its actually based off of your w/l ratio. This isn't all however. When you are playing, they keep track of how good the other team is that you are playing. That means that even if you win all 5 of your placement matches, if they were against crappy players, you'll still have a chance at getting put in Iron or Bronze division. They tried to fix this by making sure that each time you win you play against a group or team thats somewhat better than the team you just played, and each time you lose, against a lower rank group.

There is one other catch to the system that I'm sure you've run into however. When people rage quit a match, new players don't get put in on your team. This means that the system still places your team at the skill level that it had at the beginning of the match with all 4 players, regardless of the fact that you aren't playing as a whole team. That's why you don't get a significantly better score for winning with only two players on your team, or why you still lose the same amount of ladder points if you lose.

All of this is general speculation on my part, and it's just from observations I've made playing league play, but generally speaking, this is how I think league play works. All in all, I would say it's a fairly decent system if they can fix the rage quitting problem. The only issue is, I don't see how they could fix that. Maybe season long probation for rage quitters? Who knows!

Hope this helped you out!

-T

does any body know why my points are not goin up on the league

zOmBiEsLaYa

Its really annoying, but im platinum in TDM, but in champions, I went top of the leaderboard (on my team) in 4/5 and went positive in every one of my placement matches but my team sucked in every one, and even though I went ham, I got placed in Iron. In hardpoint in champions, I have a w/l of 8/1! Its not my fault that I got placed badly! The system is flawed!

I then played with my (worse than me) friend, being the heart and soul of our team and basically a 1 man army and won him 4/5 of his games, putting him in gold for just playing with me, leaving me in iron!

Seriously! The system needs changing!

OxyGoat

I won 4/5 and finished with a 2.5+ K/D every time. My friend won 3/5, and didn't go positive at all. I'm bronze, he is gold, this is bullshit

OxyGoat

I won 4/5 and finished with a 2.5+ K/D every time. My friend won 3/5, and didn't go positive at all. I'm bronze, he is gold, this is BS. I am actually VERY angry

noosh

THIS IS AN INFORMATION POST FOR ALL PLAYERS REGARDING LEAGUE

Hello all and welcome to league play. Thank you for choosing a great playlist to bring up your skill set from average to pure awesome.

Placement:

You play 5 games, out of those 5 games depending on How many of those games you win you are placed within a division, Iron 200 being the lowest, Master rank 1 currently the only achieveable highest rank (there is a pro division but it is not available as of yet)

Unfortunately, You have the classic case of Dashboarders, Xbox switch offers, and the leave game players. These players will leave before or during the game has started, giving the enemy team a higher chance of winning. However this should not be the case unless 2+ people quit out, and it is CTF.

Your best chance is to really clutch it, and pull up your KD. Pulling up your KD will help for future promotions.

Example:

I am a player who has been in the Platinum Division for some time, with about 200 season wins last season joining 2 weeks before the season ended. I usually play masters, or platinums, rarely have any golds or bronzes or silvers or even irons.

Due to the placement matches and the events that occured around them, of team mates quitting out before and during the game, I lost every single game, however my "KD" and my "CAPTURES" "DEFENDS" were the highest of the whole team combined.

RESULT: PLACED IRON DIVISION

WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE PLACED INTO A DIVISION BELOW YOUR LEAGUE:

Quite simple, try win games, I am not going to tell you to get friends to help or be sociable, you should know that already, anyone who tells you "get friends or get a team" is a simple douche, as most people are aware of that as it is.

Not only should you win games, but try go on win streaks, and most of all this is extremely important, get AS MANY KILLS AS YOU CAN, REDUCTION IN DEATH RATE + BE THERE FOR ALL THE CAPTURES AND DEFENDS.

The game coding will then see your stats pop up, and comparing those stats to your current division it will promote you to the next division.

You do not need to be rank 1 of your current division, so long as you can prove that you are extremely better than the others and it is a walk in the park for you then you will shoot up the ranking system,

However as always you ofcourse you need some sort of a team, somebody with half a brain that can support you. If you are playing moshpit you really want ideally 3 friends, that know what they are doing.

If you do not have any friends: Add "kean the noosh". That is my gamertag, and I only play league. If you are "bad" or sub average, I do not mind, just give me a heads up of what you can do, and I can guide you on from there. I will and can indroduce you to some of my friends who play league, but I am trying to build a friends list mainly consisting of league players.

Probation system:

Placed on a 5minute ban from league play for 2 quits in a row, followed by probation for every quit after that. It is to really stop KD specalists to join league and ruin it for everyone, and encourage you staying in the game.

Point system:

Depends on how tough or weak the team is that you are facing statistically. If they are noobs you get below 100 points if you in, if they are noobs and you lose, you lose over 100 points. Ladder points help maintain your current rank in your current subdivision.

Points are transferable to different divisions once promoted.

viperx963

noosh has it as close as anyone i have ever seen, i just wanted to add to his post and say if you are new to league and your looking for a team but dont have friends that play league add Viperx963 to your friends list i play only league, i dont claim to be the best but i can teach and explain it to newer league players.

viperx963

noosh has it as close as anyone i have ever seen, i just wanted to add to his post and say if you are new to league and your looking for a team but dont have friends that play league add Viperx963 to your friends list i play only league, i dont claim to be the best but i can teach and explain it to newer league players.

viperx963

9410besi

League Play is a bit borken when it comes to placing players in divisions and pairing up in matches... But thats because a major part of the CoD community aren't playing LP... Hopefully that will change