21 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2013 4:13 AM by ImTheCaTaLysT- RSS

HARDPOINT- Why have fixed capture points?

SteveScotney

Firstly i commend you on the game, i expected alot more from the game but the game has some nice touches that other CODS didnt have but in general its a good game.

I cannot understand how the programmers of the game mode HARDPOINT have a set sequence for the capture point. In my opinion it makes no sense at all to do it. Surely common sense would say make the capture point random.

Due to the set sequence it completely ruins the game mode. If the sequence isnt made random then it wont be long before teams stop trying to capture the other teams Hardpoint and will just wait at the next capture zone.

Hardpoint could be a great game mode but with the Fixed sequence it is the worst game mode to play and it completely f**ks up the game mode.

Does anyone else have the same opinion/view as me? If so then post below. If you dont agree then explain your reason why, it would be great to hear peoples views.

Keep it clean guys

#MAKE THE CAPTURE POINT RANDOM PLEASE

#SEE SENSE

• Re: Treyarch... Why would you?
    SteveScotney

It would be interesting to hear from Treyarch

1. If they thought abought random capture points

2. If so why did they choose against it?

I honestly cannot see the benefit from making it a fixed sequence

• Re: HARDPOINT- Why have fixed capture points?

Honestly I don't like the fixed sequence because it takes away from the game because people can just wait for the hardpoint and get 200-300+ towards there scorestreak then run away get some kills by camping in a corner outside the hardpoint then wait for the next hardpoint at the last ten seconds of the current hardpoint, and finally repeat the process.

Treyarch could either

1. Set defined times for hardpoints and randomize those times with each hardpoint area

2. Randomize hardpoint spawn.

SteveScotney

I agree with you.

As i said i cannot see any benefit of having a fixed sequence which leads me to believe that the idea of random capture points has been completely overlooked

deamonomic

katamariskill wrote:

Honestly I don't like the fixed sequence because it takes away from the game because people can just wait for the hardpoint and get 200-300+ towards there scorestreak then run away get some kills by camping in a corner outside the hardpoint then wait for the next hardpoint at the last ten seconds of the current hardpoint, and finally repeat the process.

Treyarch could either

1. Set defined times for hardpoints and randomize those times with each hardpoint area

2. Randomize hardpoint spawn.

how does that honestly differ from any other game mode? there are always these kind of players in all game modes. campers or whatever. personally I like the current set up. you know where the next hard point is and exactly when it will be there. its really not hard to learn the pattern which is the point. your supposed to know what your enemy is likely to be upto and act accordingly.

but it seems im the minority in this. ... and why was such an old thread rezed?

bkblazer

Its ridiculous. People with good memories and corner camping skills excell at this gamemode presently. Needs to be random. I agree.

Even with randomised sequence, it doesnt take much for every member of a team to sit in those spots waiting for the hardpoint to appear at there AO. So making it random wouldn't solve anything. Besides most people just enjoy killing and never go for the objective anyway. Personally I rather go for the objectives, more points and bigger scorestreaks

SteveScotney

I have to disagree with you mate.

If a team spreads out and sits in a different spot on the map then that will make for fair gaming. Instead of having the whole team at the next capture point there will only be 1 enemy to kill to capture and will make the game alot better. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to capture the objective off the enemy for 30 seconds and then finally capping it to realise that the enemy are ALL on the next capture point.

If you dont hold the 1st capture point then the majority of the time you are chasing your tail

The idea of Hardpoint is fantastic but the spawning needs a little tweaking to turn it from shocking to fantastic.

I know the solution is not to play hardpoint and i wish i didnt have to. Unfortunately Treyarch added Hardpoint to the league play

trialstardragon

Your right for then players will just to got the spots where it spawns and wait and not even try to take one that is near them. With fixed spawns there is a flow to the game. With random spawns there would be no flow to the game.

The smart player does not stay at the hp for the entire time it is up. they only go and capture it for about 10-30 seconds and then move toward the next one.

A good team will always have an early rusher that is allready heading toward the next point. Not the fault of that team if the other team is not smart enough to do the same.

only the diehard defender stays the entire time its up. And there is always usually one on each team dealying the other team from moving toward the next one.

The smart team will forget about the one that is lost and go and capture and then defend the next one before it comes up and then only have 1-2-3 defenders stay while the rest moves to the next point.

Never keep youre entire team at the hp ever, that is just a foolish mistake.

SteveScotney

I agree with what you say regarding the tactics side of it but it will definitely be fairer if the spawns were random.

If your only after kills then i agree with what you say about having no flow but hardpoint is now in league play. Teams have to get the capture point to win, this isnt a noob public game where your going for points. This is objective based gameplay and the fixed sequence without doubt (in my opinion) seriously ruins this game mode

Merlodinho10

I love the game, best one yet in my opinion most people out there seem to be picky and moan about the game 24/7.

ctrl-s

Seems like Hardpoint was modeled after Drop Zone. Minus the care packages. But on Drop Zone - the DZ's were fixed locations on a random rotation. On small maps it became fairly easy to guess the next one though. 

Jamaro85

While I agree that random probably makes more sense, I don't think it's too difficult the way it is.  I usually run off to the next one with 10-15 seconds to go if I know I have teammates sitting in the current one.  You just have to be aware that there might be somebody lurking around and be prepared.  You don't have to sit in the room itself, just run around the area looking to anybody else who might be doing the same then pop in either right before it becomes the hardpoint or shortly after.  A lot of times I'll get to the next hardpoint and have another teammate there and won't even get the points.  So while I do think random makes more sense there is definitely some strategy here.  I just started getting into hardpoint, so I don't know if this is the case but it seems like there is no map with more than 4 hardpoint locations, so it's not hard to know where to go for the next one.

Ultimately in the end though I agree that it should be random.

parnezzi

it needs to be like drop zone from Mw3 where killstreaks are disabled and you have to earn them even if black hats will ruin that

omgx2rainb0w

Making hardpoints random would be a bad idea because the win would be determent by mostly luck.

ImTheCaTaLysT-

The whole point of HP is "anchoring" or getting spawns by the next hardpoint. It takes strategy and skill to know when to go to the next one, not too early, not too late. Vonderhaar said that was one of the key points of HP in the multiplayer trailer at the beginning of the game.

In addition, making them random would cater to bad players (something that they do too much of already) because one could run around like a chicken with their head cut off and end up in the next hardpoint by accident. Those with good memories and strategy for sneaking into the next hardpoint undetected should be rewarded with capture points. If the HP spawn was random people would be spawning everywhere across the map and you would get spawn killed all the time. It would basically be a free for all and the objective would be a secondary motive.