17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 8:23 PM by YO_MOM_IS_NEXT RSS

To all the delusional COD players (long read)

This goes out to all the COD players that think they are beasts or who belittle people with low K/D ratios.  I will preface what I am about to say with I have a degree in Computer Information Systems (meaning I am not ignorant) and I was also a professional baseball player (meaning my hand/eye coordination is better than 99.99% of people on this planet).  In 80% of my games, I can't win a gun battle.  I get hit markers but it just not registering with the host.  You people on the correct side of this issue have no idea what it is like to play a shooting game where you can't win a gun battle.  I can only imagine the troubles people are having with slower reactions time than myself. 

I had a friend ask why I don't use ADS.  I told him that I can't.  Being that my game is mostly off from the host by a half a second to a second.  You give a player with my reflexes I wouldn't lose a gun fight.  Too hard to win one being that off.  I have to run around with a laser or my games would consistently 4-20.  I got news for aqll the beast mode players, you're that good.  You are on the right side of the lag situation.  Put me on your side and you wouldn't even be thinking about shooting before you were dead.  I have tried everything with my set up just short of purchasing a $9.99/ mo mickey mouse connection.  You have a severe advantage and most are too stupid to realize.  Yes, I'm talking about beast player that can jump and shoot and dive on the ground.  How about for once a gaming company gives the advantage to the people with the good connections.   When they get mad (which they would because beast mode would no longer exist), just tell them an upgraded internet should make the game run better.

I am fully aware that lag com is needed.  It should be weighed to give an advantage to the players with better internet.   Higher ping players should there items delayed as to not give them such an advantage.  You will not hear me complaining about guns, perks, maps, etc because I can choose to use these guns, weapons, etc.  Call it lag comp, poor matchmaking , there is a seriuous problem with lag on this game.  Would love to see some of these beasts play on my connection. You're beast mode would disappear.  Prestige?  I would love to but why would I start over with weapons when I can't kill anyone with a lot of the weapons unlocked.  Would also love to buy dlc but won't happen with the way this game is performing.  It is not a coincidence that all players on my friends list with crappy internet is over 1.25 K/D but everyone with a good connection is below 1.  Game is broken for players with good internet.

A special shout to all the people that are dealing with this.  So far, this is the worst shooter I have ever played.  Most would feel the same if you couldn't win a gun fight ever due to technical issues.  For all the people talking **** because you are a beast due to your mickey mouse connection, hopefully you'll be on the wrong side soon.  That would be poetic justice.

• Re: To all the delusional COD players (long read)

I have a hardwired connection with more than enough bandwidth for online gaming and am often host.

I win some and lose some but manage to maintain a positive K/D and W/L. The only time it is really bad is in a larger party AND I am host. Then I feel the quarter to half second lag and while it sucks, I just slow down and work the corners and try and get that 6 bullet headstart I need to get a kill.

I call it the game going digital drunkard on me.

Cheer up buckaroo! It's gotta get better from here and remember, its just a game.

RichterRavage

I have a connectionwith 10MB, 29ms of ping, and i am getting owned costantly from guys with 3 bars or under.

I would beast like hell if the connection worked properly, but while 3arc will not give a damn about this, players like us can get their heads straight to hell. -.-''

Izjar11

This goes out to all the COD players that think they are beasts or who belittle people with low K/D ratios.  I will preface what I am about to say with I have a degree in Computer Information Systems (meaning I am not ignorant) and I was also a professional baseball player (meaning my hand/eye coordination is better than 99.99% of people on this planet). 

Well with an introduction like this, little is left to say. Anyone who calls themselves a "BEAST" is probably not, KD it only matters if you care. Explaining to us your personal background (education / other profession) and then stating that you have better hand/eye coordination than almost everyone else on the planet is sort of that "ignorant" No offense given, just stating what you wrote. 

I had a friend ask why I don't use ADS.  I told him that I can't.  Being that my game is mostly off from the host by a half a second to a second.  You give a player with my reflexes I wouldn't lose a gun fight.  Too hard to win one being that off.  I have to run around with a laser or my games would consistently 4-20.  I got news for aqll the beast mode players, you're that good.  You are on the right side of the lag situation.  Put me on your side and you wouldn't even be thinking about shooting before you were dead.

If latency is what you are having issues with, I seriously doubt anyone here can provide you with an adequate response to help.

A special shout to all the people that are dealing with this.  So far, this is the worst shooter I have ever played.  Most would feel the same if you couldn't win a gun fight ever due to technical issues.  For all the people talking **** because you are a beast due to your mickey mouse connection, hopefully you'll be on the wrong side soon.  That would be poetic justice.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say it sucks to read this and it sounds like your trying, but offending people whom you think are so called "mickey mouse service" is not the answer. If the game is unplayable, if you feel your always losing than why not try another game and sell this one? What do you want to hear? The next patch should be released sometime this month, hopefully that will help you and many more.

I can state that I have (and pay) for a good Internet service and experience latency on ocasion and what I do is stay put as much to avoid many deaths. But its not something that prevents me (as in your case) to play the game.

Good luck

ColdChilln88

I understand there are issues with the lag in this game and it frustrates me and everyone but to call the legitimate good players of this game only good becuz of possible bad internet service is ignorant. Are there a lot of players getting an unfair advantage because of these issues and are performing above average compared to there normal performance yes. But you can't blanket all the good players in this game and say its only because of this. I have Verizon food for internet with great connecti good ping and my ls is over 1.40 right now which is up from mw3. Therefore are actually good players who could be even better if these issues are fixed.

redskynyrd

It's a failed attempt to make the playing field even for everyone. Much like taking more from those that work hard and giving it to those that won't work...

blackOPSpoo

I'm in the exact same boat you're in.  I'm a half second behind in most showdown situations.  I have hit detection disparities of 3, 4, 5 to 1 on almost everyone I encounter.  I've had k/d's over 2.00 in the last 3 COD games, culminating with a 2.45 in MW3.  But with BO2 I've struggled to hover in the 1.50 range.  Easy to do the math there to see that there's a definite disconnect with this game.  The only difference is that I would estimate I'm at a connection disadvantage somewhere around 90% of the time as opposed to 80%...

I would take exception a bit though, with the notion that because you were a pro baseball player in the past is the reason you're an outstanding COD player.  I'm an ex-athlete myself and would consider myself to have good reaction times and hand eye coordination.  But I wouldn't attribute that to being the sole reason for any success I've had playing the COD franchise.  I would attribute it to the over 100 days of my life I've put into practicing and playing on this engine.

ghamorra

I'm starting to think that most of lag is actually mini freezes. Everytime a match starts and my game goes into a 10 second freeze I know what's going to happen. When this happens I experience brief half second freezes and the occasional 10 second freeze.

However, when I don't get freezes the match goes perfectly for me. I have no issues at all. This happens this way without fail every time

stumcgru

Are you sure you have entered the information in correctly..... Lol.. Is I hear another ******* say this I will crack up.... This game is against players with good internet.... In this day why do we have to port forward, static ip, dmz, mtu, BS.. Is it not meant 2 b plug it in and PLAY... Amazing how no fix, answer or even we r looking into it is forth coming from this company... even though its a rip off I would still have got the dlc but what's the point if you can't play a fair game...

Big_Piimpin

I have a great connection and am a good player ( usually do very good once i get my gun setup i like), but in this game i go negative or barely even a lot because of the same issue. It pisses me off. And i know this is the prroblem because I use an smg and get killed by an ar up close , but when i have an ar i get killed by smgs from up close and at range.

K1ller_911

"meaning my hand/eye coordination is better than 99.9% of the people on this planet"

Even better than Forest Gump?

GALACT1C0s117

Just today I saw a video on youtube that explained how to port forward the ps3, after trying it , i got into more good games, I'm not going to lie I still had some WTF moments but they occur less frequently. But agree no everybody knows this and they should try to fix some of the lag, I had the same problem as you, I couldn't kill anyone, and the worst thing is it feels like you're the problem but the problem is the connection. Just try to have fun and I know htere will be a patch possibly this month.

stonculd

So I am running Comcast 35 down and 8 up. With wireless I was lagging but I never set up my ports for this game or my ps3 so I went the lazy route and ran some cat5 straight to my broadband modem and now no lag. That is how this is supposed to work. With MW3 it worked exactly the opposite the better I made my connection the worse the lag got. My connection is not "Mickey Mouse" it is a good connection so I don't think it's the same situation with lag compensation this time around I seriously think it may be people's connections and issues that maybe they are not seeing or something with their setup. Don't get all pissed it's just my opinion maybe I am wrong.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

i went from 20U/5D Cable to 750kU/300kD DSL. i now have no lag, no issues, and i very rarely go negative. i rush because it's the most fun i can have and go even, if not a bit positive. i'd say my K/D (not that i really care) is a tiny bit over 1. i mean barely.

anyway, all the gunfights i come across seem fair now. whoever is ADS first wins. i'm cool with that. i get hit with a shotgun/laser sight first... fair. a sniper.. fair. the game is now exciting.

yes, i still spawn into a hunter/killer or in a pack of enemy players... but i take a couple people down with me first.

cliffnotes: by getting a "bad" internet connection, my games now seem very fair. and a lot more fun.