9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 4:34 AM by other_account_banned RSS

1 member clans.

there's a lot of 1 member clans taking up good names, & clan tags... is there anything that can be done about this?

maybe delete clan that are inactive for a certin amount of time?

• Re: 1 member clans.
    other_account_banned

i agree, thanks for making thread i want a name that is taken by 1 guy and the clan is level 1 too

frats74

Radar_594 wrote:

there's a lot of 1 member clans taking up good names, & clan tags... is there anything that can be done about this?

I want to let you know that I take great offense to what you posted and I take it personally.

I belong to a one person Clan that I started and I am proud to say I levelled it up myself to level 34.

It's first come, first serve. You're SOL. Whether your issue is with the Clan Name itself or the four letter Clan Tag, just change the name or change the spelling a bit.

Radar_594 wrote:

maybe delete clan that are inactive for a certin amount of time?

What is your definition of "certain amount of time"?

There are a Clans out there that were just recently made for many reasons.

ie. Members got kicked out so they decided to make their own Clan, Members left their clan for personal reasons, etc...

Clan levels have remained stagnant because there are no Challenges or Ops going on. Clan Challenges resume on 11/30/12 and Clan Ops resume on 12/1/12.

other_account_banned

well its one thing to be active but when you stay level 1 for months its another story i mean comon

frats74

No.

They could be level 1 in one game but have levelled up in another.

ie. MW3 Clan level is 1 (for months), but Black Ops 2 Clan level is 2 and climbing.

other_account_banned

he has xbox live silver barely plays mw3 or cod he just made one as a joke but im trying to get the name from him

frats74

You might as well just make your Clan now and forget about that name that someone already has. You're wasting time.

other_account_banned

o i did and were rocking it now but look at the MLG Pro clan and youll laugh then look at mine the MLG Pro Circuit one and compare, MLG Pro is a one man clan and i want that name from him, i offered him a xbox live subscription but he wont respond becuase hes never online

frats74

Good. It would be a shame to waste time and not create a clan and level it up because someone else has the name you want. I highly doubt if Activision will delete old inactive clans because it will be tough to determine if it really is inactive.

ie.

A one member Clan can be inactive for both MW3 and BO2 simply because the gamer doesn't like the game for reasons like respawn issues, hackers, etc... But as soon as MW4 comes out, the gamer starts playing and likes it. So, if Activision had deleted that Clan data they could have faced some legal action because they determined a Clan to be inactive when it really wasn't.