6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 6:52 PM by frats74 RSS

IP address of the game server

My Internet service provider could help to short the round trip delay to your server. Could anyone please provide IP address of the game server? And what is the condition that it could become 4 bars?

Thank you!!

• Re: IP address of the game server
    ATVIAssist

Hello yomin123,

What system are you playing on? You don't use a IP address to connect to a particular server. What are the specific connection issues you're having?

^JJ

Hi,

My platform is XBOX360.

It was a not good experience when I was playing the game.

The character(me) entered the house, sometimes it will back to the original outdoor place.

And it was obvious that once enemies shoots me, it was too tiny time to react that the character(me) was die.

The signal strength bar only showed 3 bars instead of full 4 bars. Other players told me that it represents the ping(round trip delay).  I think it will affect the experience when I was playing the game.

And I called my Internet service provider, they said maybe they could help short the round trip delay to your server(maybe optimizing the route) but need your server IP address.

Thanks a lot!

other_account_banned

The game doesnt have 1 IP adress as in a game it picks a host and once your connected to that host your connected to his IP

other_account_banned

depending on the connection 3 bars or 4 bars in my opinion dont really affect the gameplay i would know because im a competitive player now when the ping drops to 2 bars is another story its a horrible delay and 1, well you dont want one. try using a ethernet cable

frats74

yomin123 wrote:

Hi,

My platform is XBOX360.

It was a not good experience when I was playing the game.

The character(me) entered the house, sometimes it will back to the original outdoor place.

And it was obvious that once enemies shoots me, it was too tiny time to react that the character(me) was die.

The signal strength bar only showed 3 bars instead of full 4 bars. Other players told me that it represents the ping(round trip delay).  I think it will affect the experience when I was playing the game.

And I called my Internet service provider, they said maybe they could help short the round trip delay to your server(maybe optimizing the route) but need your server IP address.

Thanks a lot!

Servers and hosts are not the same. If your issue is with signal strength and you're lagging in the game, that's a host issue. Your host for each game changes. Depending on your location and time of play, the host could be at the city next to you or could be hundreds of miles away. Therefore, it would be impossible to get an IP address for host.

Furthermore, the ISP representative you spoke to is most likely working at a call center, making $9 - $11 an hour if it's in the U.S. and most likely minimum wage if it's in a Third World country, just a highschool graduate or has a GED equivalent, does recreational drugs or works with those who do, and is saying whatever he/she can to get you to hang up. Telling you to get the IP address of a host that is not consistent in every game is a way to send you on a wild goose chase. You'll be so preoccupied with procuring what can't be procured that you won't be calling them back anytime soon, or at least while that representative is till there collecting a paycheck. By the time you realize that it was a wild goose chase and you do call them back, that representative has either quit or has been fired.

I've had lag issues myself despite having four bars. Sometimes, my bars drop to three bars but there were no lags. On rare occasions, when I press Select (as I often do to check on my teammates' performance and signal strengths) I've seen everyone on both sides drop to one orange bar and then game tells us to wait while a migration is in process. So, basically, this is an issue that all of us are having. Some of us more often than others, some not.