7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 4:15 PM by iKushtyy RSS

A simple suggestion that should make everyone happy

Treyarch should bring this option back from World at War. For the matchmaking options on BO2, they should replace 'Best' and 'Normal' with 'Ping' and 'Region'. Obviously with ping enabled, you'll be matched with players based on ping, like how it currently works (and no skill based matchmaking is only used for league play), and Region matches you with players from your area, like previous CoDs. Think Treyarch should do it?

• Re: A simple suggestion that should make everyone happy
    AudibleTuna

I'd rather see "skill-based" matchmaking flushed down a toilet where it belongs. The only way to game online reliably is through regional-based matchmaking. Otherwise, it's just a matter of who's connected best to the host, which removes the "skill" factor in it's entirety

To elaborate... When the day comes that I can ping to anywhere in the world in less than 50ms, then skill-based matchmaking might be plausible. Until then, it should be mandatory & a gaming-standard to base matchmaking off of region/best ping. Currently, the "Best" search setting has done nothing except increase the odds of me being connected to an over-seas host.

mjw3786

I wish they would. the reason they don't offer region locked matchmaking is to cater to people in remote areas with nobody to play with in their area. if they allow region only search, they know everyone would select that to get the best possible latency. and then the people far away wouldn't have anyone to lag kill.

AudibleTuna

Region-based matchmaking has worked just fine for the past few years... Unlike the current situation in BO2...

mjw3786

yeah i would be happy if they offered this. things have taken a sour turn since activision took over. they only care about bottom line. they surely offer performance/unit based bonuses for their game studios.

so it's in the studio's best interests to produce a game that appeals to as many players as possible. that means remote areas, countries, etc

same reasoning behind changing the comp/hit detection method from mw2 > current. allowing host advantage for people with faster internet only caters to a small fraction of players. they're in it for the money.

they CLOSED THEIR SUPPORT CALL CENTER this past Monday due to high call volume. lol

thurston13

I ******* hate this game! **** them!!!! I can't even win any gun battle. I've bumped my internet up and am paying alot just for up to 3 mb upload. And this ******* game still has me so ******* delayed. I'm furious at these ass holes. Get Rid of the ******* lag comp!!!!!!

danielbondnz

No, what they should do, is whatever Infinity ward are doing, because I dont care what anyone sais, but every single one of the MW series games are 10 times smoother than any Treyarch game. And thats just the way it is.

You can hate Modern warfare 3 for other things, but the connections are far superior.