16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 4:54 PM by Th3_Aw3S0me_Yxcell RSS

Why do people think that Sniping takes skill when it doesnt'?

raarethebest

Sniping is a noobs weapon! Quickscopping doesn't take any effort at all just quickly tap LT and RT and the aim assist will kick in and will automatically aim for your target! "It's that easy". So why does the community think this takes skill?

• Re: Why do people think that Sniping takes skill when it doesnt'?
    i Remember WTC

First of all, I tried Quick Scoping and I never felt the aim assist. Quick Scoping is pretty difficult, I guess if you don't know how to use the aim assist. What do you think about long range sniping, now that is a true skill.  Are you often a victim of a Quick Scoper?

raarethebest

Both uses of sniping is nooby! Sniper from a long rage is camping and an unfair advantage! Quickscopping has a faster aim and the gun will automaticly look at your enimie for you! I have experience aim assist on a sniper myself!

frats74

raarethebest wrote:

Both uses of sniping is nooby!

Why is it nooby? A sniper is a long range rifle with a long range scope. It's purpose is to take out targets from a greater distance than an Assault Rifle would.

Quickscoping, as I have stated in other posts does take skill unless the user has Aim Bot. But, you've obviously confused both as one and the same.

raarethebest wrote:

Sniper from a long rage is camping and an unfair advantage!

As I have stated snipers take out targets at long range.

Camping is a video game term used by First Person Shooter gamers to describe someone who is waiting for the target to come to them, much like the same a hunter waits for the prey. Often, used as a derogatory term by sore losers such as yourself trying to justify how the enemy got the upper hand on them.

Is it unfair? No. No one ever said you have to stand out in the open so the other guy can kill you and feel better about themselves.

If you got got killed by a camper in a certain area, why would you come back? You already know he's waiting for you there. It would be foolish to go back five or six times trying to change the inevitable. You're going to get killed.

Furthermore, snipers in real life don't go running aorund. That's a sure fire way to get killed. Snipers wear ghillie suits to blend in to their surroundings and kill by stealth from a distance. They only move around when they have to, usually when their posistion is compromised or if they have a new target to acquire.

raarethebest wrote:

Quickscopping has a faster aim and the gun will automaticly look at your enimie for you!

No. It doesn't. You have a lot of misconceptions in your head. Quickscoping is not really a hard aim, so it's not faster aim. Obviously, quickscoping is bypassing that; shooting before it's ADS.

Once again, it doesn't lock. *See Aim Bot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aimbot

raarethebest wrote:

have experience aim assist on a sniper myself!

Yes, we all do. But somehow, you still don't grasp the reality of it all.

josh1073

Have you turned it off?

SitRepPro

Nearly all the weapons don't take much skill to use.  Try using the Model or the AA-12.

SANDRABEE007

first, really think it takes a ton of talent to be a "quickscoper" the amount of time a player must see a target and then pull weapon up to his (or hers) eye and then fire is a lot longer than a player who "hip fires" a LMG or SMG. a good snipers job is to break up a rhythm of a game. a good sniper will make R&G players think twice about running the same route and snipers are a must in goal games. when you think about a sniper think about this, they run slower, look like "cousin IT" and have one shot to fire. so don't think this weapon would be the idea "noob" choice.and as far as "camping "its becoming a word that has "blanket" meaning.

josh1073

Quickscoping is not hard i never use snipers i can pick one off a dead dude and go 27 and 6.Snipers are the most easy bake guns out there aim withing 6ft of them you kill.

It makes me laugh when people use the words " talent " and " quick scope " in the same sentence.At best the it's a knee jerk reaction when someone is in front of them.

I have said it many a time,I wish sniping was done in the way it actually is in reality.

I can here all those pesky kids raging.

I guess you're a tryhard who get killed by a quickscope many times, Aren't you?

You're that kind of kid who thinks MP7 and ACR takes skill, Am I right?

And you are jealous of 'noobs' who are skilled in it.

You had to know before buying this game, quickscoping is part of it.

Stop crying and learn how to counter their.

frats74

So, this is where you've been hiding. Why are you hiding in old threads?

raarethebest wrote:

Sniping is a noobs weapon! Quickscopping doesn't take any effort at all just quickly tap LT and RT and the aim assist will kick in and will automatically aim for your target!

Wrong. Aim Assist doesn't do anything. You're obviously confusing it with Aim Bot.

raarethebest wrote:

"It's that easy".

Once again, no, it isn't. You still have to manually put the target in the general crosshairs.

raarethebest wrote:

So why does the community think this takes skill?

Because it actually does. If you think it's so easy, why do you rant about getting rid of snipers? If it were easy you wouldn't be ranting about getting killed all the time. If it were easy, you'd be the one quickscoping and racking up the kills. But, you're not. So, it must not be as easy as you say it is.

First things first,

Hello y'all, I'm (unfortunately) from Wii (I wandered over here to check out the XBOX forums.)

raarethebest, if you think that qs'ing (quickscoping) is nooby, then how come you:

1. Don't quicksope since you're so good at it?

2. Don't know how to counter quickscopers since you've obiously spent a lot of time quicksoping?

Even on (Cruddy) Wii there aren't many good quicksopers. Approximately, there are 0-1 Quickscopers in every match on Wii. My guess is that there are about 2-3 Quicksopers on XBOX.

Plus, if you don't like matches with quickscopers, why don't you just rage quit and move on? Or simply stop playing CoD for good just because of the quicksopers and buy another game.

Remember, games are luxuries. You don't have to play them if you don't want to.

No need to thank me for advising you on how to not play in matches with quicksopers.