7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2012 8:41 AM by Megadog14 RSS

How do I fix the unbearable lag in BLOPS 2?

Hi

Im playing blops 2 on the ps3 and I've never experienced any lag issues, until now. First of all, my bullets don't connect anymore, second; I solemnly swear that I'm behind the freak'n wall on my screen, but on the other guy's screen I'm not even close. Also, in killcams, there are often times when I apperantly don't fire a shot, even though I did on my screen. How can this happen when my download speed on my ps3 is 35 Mbps download and 6 Mbps upload? I'm never host either, which is weird. (quick question; is your connection based on upload or download?) Btw, my ps3 is hooked up with a wire. This did NOT happen in previous call of duty's.

Another thing that's weird is that on my PC, which is wireless, I get a 70 Mbps d. and 35 Mbps up. Why does my router give my ps3  a lot less to work on, even though it is wired? Has it something to do with portforwarding? My UPnP though, is "Available". I've heard that one should try portforwarding, but when my UPnP is available, doesn't that itself open the necessary ports?

Please help me, the game is unbearable, yet I see a lot of youtubers going ham on people with no lag. Is there anything wrong with my ps3 or router? Should I try portforwarding and/or is there a solution to why my ps3's D and UP is markably lower than my PC's?

I thank you in advance!

• Re: How do I fix the unbearable lag in BLOPS 2?
    tascore

welcome to bops2 :/

ONSLVHawk5

This game is supposibly based off of ping which i say is BS cause i like you am wired as well. I have the same thing going on with 3 PS3'S and when i talk to sony they said it was a server issue not the ps3. The only thing you can do to help is foward the right ports. Dmz opens all ports but i didnt notice anything until i opened the ports activision said to open. Go to the activision support and its posted in there. As far as you shooting first but still dieing i havent found anything that helps.

WolfRidge

Portforwarding could help, I place my PS3 in a DMZ and assign it a static manual address, so no other device is vulnerable in DMZ.

If you are getting your download/ upload values from the PS3, ignore them, they're only estimates and not accurate, chances are your PC and PS3 get similar speeds.

When playing make sure no other device is sharing the line, ie downloading videos etc.

Try DMZ or portforward, turn router firewall off ( Activision suggested this, but I'm not sure)

Problem is this game is laggy, there's probably nothing wrong with your connection, I think the reason some people are not having problems is due to: Geography, ISP and a big slice of luck.

Good Luck

doobie0626

like above i put my ps3 in dmz pre-patch 1.04, didn't notice a difference. post patch it's a world different, bullets conecting and i dont feel behind anymore. i know the patch didn't address the connectivity issues but something they tweeked has helped me out alot.

Highwayman0226

I've taken all the suggested steps myself.  I haven't found anything where I can say "Do this, it really helps".  I also know people that don't use DMZ, port forwarding, default DNS, etc, and they have no issues most of the time.  I get good games, I get bad games.  I personally feel it's a match making issue.  It seems when I play with people that live close to me (inside 100 mile) the game runs smoother.  Good luck!

Megadog14

Try changing connection settings from 'normal' to 'best'. You can change it when you choose which playlist to play.

Megadog14

Try changing connection settings from 'normal' to 'best'. You can change it when you choose which playlist to play.