13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 5:46 AM by me3to0fresh619 RSS

Getting probation due to bad connectivity to other hosts

eggyk

My mate is always playing black ops 2 and he hasnt got the greatest connection in the world. Unfortunately, his connection sometimes goes "interrupted" and he gets kicked from some games. BUT he gets probation??

How is this fair? He does nothing wrong at all and it isn't his fault the game kicks him all the time.

This needs to be changed please, and also if anyone else is having the same problems please say, i don't browse the forums anymore and have no idea on current problems or bandwagons.

Thanks guys,

• Re: Getting probation due to bad connectivity to other hosts

i know it just really anoys me about how i get a proibation because of crap connection

i know it just really anoys me about how i get a prohibition because of bad connection

eggyk wrote:

My mate is always playing black ops 2 and he hasnt got the greatest connection in the world. Unfortunately, his connection sometimes goes "interrupted" and he gets kicked from some games. BUT he gets probation??

How is this fair? He does nothing wrong at all and it isn't his fault the game kicks him all the time.

This needs to be changed please, and also if anyone else is having the same problems please say, i don't browse the forums anymore and have no idea on current problems or bandwagons.

eggyk wrote:

Thanks guys,

eggyk wrote:

Thanks guys,

eggyk wrote:

Thanks guys,

eggyk wrote:

Thanks guys,

i know it just really anoys me about how i get a prohibition because of bad connection

I've been getting probation and haven't quit natches or lost connection.  This patch is a huge fail.  The developers need to try something out called playtesting.

Ok if your issue is that you have terrible internet connection and its kicking you from games i honestly disagree with them giving you probation i think you should be banned from the game all together. Your one of the big reasons there is so much lag cause there matching you with terrible internet connection in the same game with me with good internet connection and i get to watch you glitch across the board.

English Johnnie

Dude its because we get matched with people thousands of miles away.

gallp13

I take it from your forum tag you are British. I have the same issues as you btw.

I am interested, what is your CoD region and what countries are in your Region.

For  example I am in region 1 which as far as I can tell is Austraila and NZ. I get matched with folks in Region 1 which is not too bad. Get the odd server drop or host host migration that leads to a drop out and sometimes, not always, a proby ban.

thanks in advance for taking the time to respond. .......gallp

Perhaps you should quit playing. I don't think its fair to penalise people just because we live in an area where the internet isn't awesome.

We paid the same amount for the game as you did.

My connection is about 4Mbits..which isn't awesome but should be plenty to play.

Its also very reliable - it doesn't drop out.

However I do notice alot of lag and I do get kicked enough to get probation through no fault of my own.

And trust me - watching me "Glitch across the board" is no where near as annoying as actually "glitching across the board" - Shooting someone 5 times in the face while they slowly turn then kill you....soooo much fun.

Yup, I have a crappy connection as well and since this morning and the patch it's now worse than ever, I'm getting kicked from games and I'm getting probation.

I understand the whole probation thing but unless you can identify quitting from bad connection it does have to go, why pay £45 for game that I can't play due to no fault of my own?

If I could get a better connection for more money I would but I live in the sticks with a telephone exchange that was installed when dinosaurs ruled the planet

Please sort this

I just got 2 more this morning...it happened after 2 matches back to back where when it was done, in the loby i backed out to create a class and bam...2 times...wtf

Lol...bad connection???....what about me i have 55mbits down and 15mbits up and i always get punished for having good internet ...lag comp is bullshit i play with others who have a shitty connection and its been tested they see me before i see them and i still get kicked and now the probation thing??