15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 9:20 AM by OccupyYozzie RSS

Reason #1 HC Kill Confirmed is Worse than FFA

My best game, I just went 60-24 and had 63 confirmed kills with 15 denied. My team lost. And it happens all the time.

Team play games simply aren't fun if you're the only one playing as a team. I had 63 confirmed kills and my 5 teammates couldn't combine for a total of 27?

Just bring back free for all

• Re: Reason #1 HC Kill Confirmed is Worse than FFA

BET THEY HAPPILY, GRABED YOUR TAGGS THOUGH???

sorry about caps, not rewritting

seriously WTF!! replace any of the othe team games FFA is the ONLY game type where in order to win you need to rely purely on your skill and not on your team!!! im a hc ffa ONLY player due to this fact .... i HATE losing because someone on your team is a dumb ***** that thinks hes good cause he has 50 kills on kc and barely any tags recoverd ... ive lost many games because of idiots like this!!! BRING BACK FFA!! how is it that ppl play team games and have no mics or even if they do the only thing they use the mic for is to ***** you might as well be playing on your own .... ohh wait there WAS a game mode like that !!! BRING BACK FFA!! plz thnx

^ This sir, is the truth. Do you think if we ask nicely they may bring HCFFA back? I was *so* addicted to BO2 and leveling up.. now, no game mode is of any interest. Never played BF3 but thinking of checking it out. Or Halo.. so sad.

Don't recommend BF3... I'm a former Battlefield player and BF3 is probably the worst shooter I've ever played. They went too far trying to make it realistic so the gameplay suffers extremely due to stuff like suppression (if someone's bullet near misses you, your screen goes blurry and your bullets go random), map design & spawns (you can literally look at a spawn point or knife people as they spawn), camp spots in buildings with "realistic" lighting so you cant see people who are on the inside of the building but they can see you fine.. its garbage.

seriously WTF!! replace any of the othe team games FFA is the ONLY game type where in order to win you need to rely purely on your skill and not on your team!!! im a hc ffa ONLY player due to this fact .... i HATE losing because someone on your team is a dumb ***** that thinks hes good cause he has 50 kills on kc and barely any tags recoverd ... ive lost many games because of idiots like this!!! BRING BACK FFA!! how is it that ppl play team games and have no mics or even if they do the only thing they use the mic for is to ***** you might as well be playing on your own .... ohh wait there WAS a game mode like that !!! BRING BACK FFA!! plz thnx

Can I just add something to the conversation too. The opposite end of the spectrum is also true to what the OP said. I mean, there are some of us who constantly finsish at the bottom of the score ladder and we *know* that if you put us in a team the team will lose because of us.

We get that, and we want play solo too, so we can take a loss without being responsible for taking the whole team down with us.

Core FFA is worse too because its slaughter for newbies that don't have ghost available and aren't so good at watching the HUD map. HDFFA was the one place I could finish in the top 50% of ranks because it relies on skills other than HUD watching and ghost etc...

Sad but I've tried to find another game mode I like and its just not possible. Not complaining because of a love for complaining but simply because I loved the game and want to love it again... I miss it and there is no great alternative to go to yet.

trialstardragon

Heh, to expect randoms to play as an organizes team is just foolishness at it's best.

And no it is not coming back anytime soon even if you do not like it.

radical_53

Personally I'm quite happy they took FFA out as to me it's the most stupid mode of all. All party game modes are FFA more-or-less too.

The one thing I didn't understand though was to replace it with KC. Now we have TDM and KC, that's like the smallest difference possible.

Sadly I didn't monitor the numbers TDM usually had but I guess most of the people playing KC now come from the TDM playlist.

The best thing would be to have all (or many more) modes within the game of course. Guess this will definitely be my last game of the series if they stick to his direction. I never took MW3 seriously, because it was so bad, and now they're doing the same things, even worse, to BO2.

Are you kidding? No game mode is like FFA. If you lose in FFA it's because YOU didn't play well, not because of your team.

There is not a single party game mode that one person alone could win. More often than not you are placed on a terrible team that has trouble competing. How is that fun? FFA allowed you to take responsibility for the outcome of the game.

There was no reason to change the game modes at all

trialstardragon

That is your view and your view does not agree with the majority of the hc players or the devs. So your view is invalidated because of this. Those that played FFA were a minority of an alreayd minority group of players.

Yes I always hear that people met and discussed it, but it wasn't till it was taken out that the majority of FFA players came out and started complaining. I never come to these websites but I did now to complain.

And it's not just my view, it's the fact that it makes no sense. Again FFA was the only solo game mode in the HC lineup, why would you replace it with Kill confirmed when THAT is strikely similiar to TDM.

With that said though I do like kill confirmed, I would be mildly disappointed if that was taken out too, but the game is just incomplete without HCFFA. Why not take out something like capture the flag? That is pretty random to have to the hc playlsit

radical_53

I never said I lost, did I? I just don't like the mode. Too hectic, no clear objective, not my cup of tea.

I also don't see how any of the modes like Gun Game or Sticks&Stones is any different to "core" FFA apart from the weapons.

PS: If I have a really good day I even win games without a good team on my side.

Adam1234567893

I wonder how Kill Confirmed Free For All would be.

The lack of HC FFA certainly makes the playlist feel incomplete, especially since it was replaced.  I love Hardcore Kill Confirmed, but why did they have to sacrifice one game mode for this, instead of adding it to the Hardcore lineup?