27 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 12:37 PM by kidmiestro RSS

FAL Needs to be fixed

The FAL really needs a buff after the recent update. It seems to just be a useless gun now even without select fire on it. Before it would take 3-5 bullets to kill but now it seems that I have to use 5-9 bullets to kill. The select fire makes it even worse now when i thought that attachments were meant to help a gun. Honestly select fire didnt make it overpowered it just made it work slightly better do to me not having to pull the trigger so much. I didnt see the reason for the weapon nerf hardly anyone used the FAL and you have to get to level 10 to get select fire anyways so it doesnt make sense why they added so much kick to it. I think that it was one of the best A.R.s in the game but now i can do better with a tac40 pistol. Please Treyarch buff the FAL again.

• Re: FAL Needs to be fixed

Opposite for me...drops ppl in 3 shots.

BTW, You actually have to hit the other person to kill them.

Oh come on, you know you are talking BS OP.

If it weren't for me being told on here that an update had happened, i wouldn't have even noticed the change in the FAL.

All they did was add recoil i believe ?

avngr9

I tend to agree.  I think its all in your head.  I was worried when I saw the PS3 patch notes because they mentioned nerfs on the SMGs and a special mention on the PDW which I'm working my way through at the moment.  Played it all weekend and didn't notice a single thing and still did just fine with it.

The guns still shoot bullets so I can work with that.

boobeeny

Yup, they increased recoil.  Each gun has it's disadvatages and with the FAL it's a slow weapon so if someone comes around the corner with a SMG I know I'm a dead man, simple as that.

It sucks getting the guns modded in updates but you just have to adjust.

I didn't notice much of a difference since the update and I use this gun solely. Even when just finishing max prestige for it with the 150 kills with no attachments and no perks, it still worked great if not ironically better. Normally run grip, select fire as well.

Roush

Hey OP...are you aiming? Just wondering.

Go to HC, then it will take only 1 shot.

Delta9

I'm sorry FAL lovers don't troll me but it needed to patch dat sh*t was overpowered every gunfight with the enemy using FAL I would lose and died now I'm happy that they fixed it know I can win in a gunfight now thanks to the patch...but Treyarch needs to tune it down a little with the select fire....

jcostanzo27

I have not yet tried the fal since the epic patch.   I have been busy with the AN94.  

I will make a point to try it tonight and get back to this post.  the FAL was my favorite weapon, not the most kills but the highest KD of any gun 1.38 and accuracy around 28%.  

I hope its not that bad.  Keep in mind, I only play HC because im so cool.   So it would never be more than 2 hits, almost always 1 unless leg or arm

GOLD3NTHUMBS

all i'm saying is the recoil has changed the fire rate on the select fire in my mind. it's pretty much the only AR rifle i have used(max prestige). i can tell a difference at least for me. your opinion may vary...

owiseguyo

The FAL is by far my most successful gun. I have over a 3.5 KD with it with over 2000 kills. My next best is the TAR with a 2.45 KD and 950 kills.

This nerf of the select fire hasnt ruined the gun for me but it definately made me want to use other guns more often. The kick now is like your being shot as your shooting with every shot giving a hard upward kick. I think I'll use the SMR and see how that works with select fire when I unlock it.

Tick7

I didn't use the FAL much, but I know a lot of people did (especially with select fire).

It's a shame that the patch has rendered that particular setup pretty insignificant now, and I sympathize with those that did use that gun.

But I do think that something needed to be done about it's lack of recoil.

I agree with both the patch and the end result.

D3adlyg0d

I still keep getting kills with 2-3 or 4-5 shots depending on lag and accuracy.  This is a really good gun and I don;t think it needs a buff.  I wouldn't mind a buff but I'm sure it won't happen.

CowboySr

I forgot this was patched until this thread. I thought I was losing my mind as I prestiged and this gun is now a piece of trash. Will have to use a token on the SMR next prestige..

codchamp

idk? If i dont have someone shoving a SMG up my bunghole then the FAL works fine. You have to be accurate and take some skill to pull the trigger repeatedly. But i get satisfaction with it if i do good.

natimusmaximus

I Love the FAL and just got it gold yesterday. I reallly didn't notice much change in damage just a slight increase in recoil. The camo chalenges were cake and they were all done post patch. Just saying.

gallp13

Guns fine prior n post patch. No change needed

vims1990

Still love the FAL with select fire...even after the nerf

I know there are so many SMG complaints but I'm having no trouble using the Assault Rifles.

gallp13

Same same. Finding the LMGs a lot of fun too.

maccabi

vims1990 wrote:

Still love the FAL with select fire...even after the nerf

I know there are so many SMG complaints but I'm having no trouble using the Assault Rifles.

i really havent noticed a change with my beloved fal

out of the smgs only one ive noticed a difference on is the mp7 and mcms def cant run round hip firing as accurately as before

imo the changes were just and reasonable

Hate the change to the FAL. It was the 1st gun that I fully unlocked and I have the most kills with it. Now, I don't bother using it  there are now many better options. They ruined the gun in my opinion.

kidmiestro

Over 2k kills with it.  Next highest is my crossbow at close to 1k. After the patch, before the patch, didn't matter.... Still dropped whiney crybabies with it.

Oh yea, used the select fire for just a few kills when I first got it... better attachments out there than that one so I never used it again, select fire that is.