1 585 586 587 588 589 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,860. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

Will I be able to finally play the last of the DLC now? It has been quite some time. Surely some improvements have been made...???

• 5,861. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

K1ller_911 wrote:

I have a question about the servers. I know that cod uses a p2p type system but it also has servers. I play on ps3 and was wondering how many servers they have and what do they actually do? Is it possible for the servers to be getting congested with information because of too many people online? The only reason i wonder this is because the game seems to play better for me in the early morning or when there isnt many people online say 100,000. Thanks

The game uses a system called listen servers (this basically means the game server itself is actually a players console) all other players connection to that server/host all updates are sent recieved from that server.

It's sometimes refered to as p2p but this can lead to some confusion a true p2p system would be a torrent delivery system for example where you connect to lots of people all at once and get data from everyone. (games typically dont use this method as it causes alot of laggy issues the old madden games for exmapl if anyone remembers the horribad expereince those produced when a player lagged )

When you play your packets (updates) are sent directly from and to the host , there are backend servers that handle things like matchmaking and stats ect

if you expereince better gaming xpereinces during off peak hours that is more than likely an issue with your isp (1st mile network) than the game im afraid.,

• 5,862. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    IndyOldGuy

teanah wrote:

IndyOldGuy wrote:

So are there any updates coming in the forseeable future?  Alot of us continue to,  and will continue to play MW3 throughout the coming year

Yeah we have something in the works for PC.

Nothing for consoles?

• 5,863. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Nubdub

K1ller_911 wrote:

so...does anyone have an answer to my question? i thought this was where all the smart people were. Ive come to consult the oracle

I think it has everything to do with the servers. BO2 is acting the same way during high player counts. Terrible hit detection and 1 second behind constantly.

I remember last year when the MW3 server went down for about 4 hours. This was on a Saturday evening not to long after Christmas. The normal player count for that time was like 600,000 or so and it dropped down below 50,000 due to people not being able to connect because of the server issue. I was one of the lucky one's who had logged in before the outage and was not kicked off the server. I had the best 4 hours of MW3 during this time. You would think matchmaking should have been terrible with such a low player count but it was just the opposite. This leaves me to believe in certain regions, the server's we are getting connected to can not handle the player base during peak times. Overall internet traffic does not peak on Friday or Saturday. Xbox live peak traffic may be on these days but internet traffic is no higher. So it's not your ISP.

• 5,864. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Asynchrony

I haven't read back to see if someone has mentioned it already, but Youtube uploads don't seem to be working for MW3 this happened last December and weeks went by before it was fixed, Can we please not have a repeat of that.

EDIT: It seems to be working now.

• 5,865. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    roachoutro

Hello all!

Any "lag comp" fix news?

Thanks.

• 5,866. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    3barconspiracy

i just want to say this i didnt buy BO2 (still waiting for some "miracle" change in lag compensation- then i will buy it), and i am horrified after i found out that even BF3 have same nonsense console netcode giving advantage to laggers, even on dedicated servers and on PC (it s not bad as in MW3, but still..).
    i am personally sad when i see Robert Downey Jr in BO2 adds.. i mean i dont get it, so much money goes for promotion of game, while parameters of lag compensation cant be fixed in years?!
    i just hope that companies making good FPS games, will stop one day and think again about this lag compensation and things around it
    because this is not working, and it needs to be really balanced, and i believe that we got really smart people, who can really do smart netcode and games will be fun again.
    I pray for that!

• 5,867. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

I like how even though I own all the DLC minus the one with nothing but Faceoff maps, I can't find ANY matches with DLC on. Then when I turn it off I find anywhere from 2-10 games.

This is the 1st COD game where I can say I didn't get my use or $ out of the DLC. More than half the time things ran smoother with it off.

I hope you really thought things over with the DLC for BO2 this time around, as I'm passing on Black Ops 2 due to poor overall management & the "burned out" feeling with the series. While yes the community back & forth was a step up from MW2, it's the AFTER that needs worked on badly.

Gotta love it -___-

^^^^ sarcasm ^^^^

• 5,868. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    IndyOldGuy

ya latel;y with DLC on it says 'no games found'  well nice, who wants to play the origianl maps over and over again

• 5,869. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

Eh hem... How do? Can I play this game now without being jumped by foreigners? Indiana... Not Guam.