38 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 4:04 PM by VanDrad24 RSS

To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

trialstardragon

First off let me remind or point out one simple thing. The moment you played the game you agreed to the TOS. In that TOS is a clause where it states that the developers-3ARC retain all rights to the game. They reserve the right to modify, change, add, or remove any feature of the game including mp should they ever see reason to do. They do not even have to tell the players why they did this. They make the choices based upon what they feel is best for the game overall and not just by playlist or playstyle.

 

Futhermore they know they will upset some players with the changes they make at times. They know this and are ok with this. Because they also know they cannot ever keep all players happy all the time. And no they are not going to try to make everyone happy. They try their best to make as many happy as they can, knowing full well that any change they make will always make someone unhappy. You have to break some eggs in order to make a cake ya know.

 

Petitions to bring back the game mode, will not help you and in fact are not allowed by 3arc on the forums. Nor do they really take them serious because the signatures can be fabricated. It is very easy to manipulate a poll or petition online to have any number of votes or signatures for an action; yet all those votes or signatures may not be valid so becasue of this the petition and poll is generally considered not valid either or acceptable to 3arc for any reason at all.

 

Making pictures and then passing them around about the game in any negative format, such as showing the game box over a toilet with the words about it being flushed if hcffa is not returned does not help the situation. Infact these sorts of images hurt the attempt of ever starting a conversation with the developers about them ever considering brining the playlist back.

 

Making threats, that unless they bring it back you will not buy the next game does not help either. You will not bully the developers by such tactics. Your dislike of the removal will be noted and that is as far as it will go. Your threat has no power over them even if you like to think it does.

 

Making threats about suing them for bait and switch or theft because of the removal will generally get you ingored by the developers. You would not ever win a court case based upon those reasons. they did not bait and switch, nor did they steal anything. Please refer back to the begining of my post and read the first paragraph again.

 

Making demands for refunds will generally be ignored. agian refer back to the top of this thread for the reason.

 

Every negative thread made, only hurts your chances, it does not improve your chances at all. The best method would be to try and pm the developers or send them an email stating your desire and reason for the playlist to combe back. Please make sure if you try this, no insults are used, no threats or demans or other negative speech. And make sure you go in to detail and not just say, "Give me it BACK!!!!111!!", for that does not help your problem either.

 

You can either take what I said and try to gleam the small bit-o-wisdom contained in it and learn from it. Or you can just ignore it and go about your merry path to oblivion, aka being ignored by the developers.

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
    slayerextreme

    These sort of forums are set up for a community to stay in touch, gather info, provide feed back(good and bad),. to express dissatisfaction, to give thanks, to make suggestions.....and 100's of other things,

     

    with that said, if your saying that a portion of the community can't, shouldnt use tis forum to plead their case with the game developers, seems sort of odd, I along with THOUSANDS (if not millions) feel that once again that the hardcore community was completely ignored.....12+ core modes, 4 hardcore modes, surely the developers could have just inserted HC kill confirmed instead of deleting HCFFA.

     

    And on top of that, the "Hardcore" portion of the multiplayer in this release has been "NERFED" to the point that it is nothing more than CORE without the minimap.......in HCTDM, it is now impossible for a team to hold an area .....Ghost has been destroyed....sniping is now a joke, you can run around and quick/no scope,  but the game wont you snipe from a concealed position without the game telling the enemy team whaere you are????  really????...the skill based portion of the game has been destroyed...

     

    So a war based combat game allows, quick scoping, halo jumping, scopes that show you thru smoke and walls, but prevents a sniper on your team from keeping the enemies heads down from a conceled position?????  this indicates that if Treyarch is actully listening to the community, they are either ignoring the majority, or they are catering to specific groups.

     

    Now add to that, people posting on a forum that this forum wasn't intended to bring your issues to light and be heard......well since David Vandahaar has failed to respond to a single TWITTER message, nobody from Treyarch has responded to any requests or questions on their Facebook Tech Support Page.......just where should the COD Online Gaming Community go to get answers to their questions?????

    • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
      trialstardragon

      HC is a smaller playerbase and so will always get a smaller number of playlists. This is how it always has been in all CoD's and will continue to be. There is no reason for them to invest in a larger number of playlists at launch when the numbers constantly prove the playerbase is smaller.

       

      Feedback is one thing when it is helpful or constructive. Negative feedback or just ranting, or demanding, or threatening is another thing and is generally not very helpful to the developers. Though players may chose to do this, it does not mean the developers have to pay any more attention to them. Yes it make show disatisfaction but it does not mean the developers have to act on it if they feel their previous choice was for the better of the game overall.

       

      HC has not been nerfed at all. Just because they removed the timer does not make it any harder to hold an area at all.

       

      Sniping is not a joke, the bullet trails do not hinder any sniper that is actually any good at doing it. The sniper rifles in this game work fine if you can aim with them. If you need to remain concealed all the time then it is your skills that are nerfed and the problem and not the sniper rilfles at all.

       

      HC was never any more skilled based in core. In fact HC takes less skill becasue it takes less time to kill someone. Removing the hud or radar does not add to the skill needed to play the game.

       

      The reason why many are ignored is the manner of their twitters and their posts and the questions and how they go about it. Rage and get taken less seriously. Make demands or threats about law suits and be ignored. Attempt to slander them to bully them in to giving you what you want and get ignored.

       

      Be rude to the developers and get ignored like any other child would be by its mother for not behaving and acting like they should get what they want how they want when they want just because they want.

      • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
        slayerextreme

        Its smaller due to the fact that with every release, the developers are pushing the game towards constant rushing and pushing towards the other team, every release the HC people get boxed into a "CORE" mentality....they are GAME MODES.....which just makes them OPTIONS to choose from...

         

        You cant destroy  a gameplay method thru "development" and then turn around and say that the Hardcore community is getting smaller....OF COURSE IT IS!!!!!   your making it smaller!!!!!  The hardcore community is still here, its just that they have been boxed in by the developers...thats why this and every other COD and youtube and Facebook are filled with negative comments with regards to how they feel they are being treated....

         

        It used to be "build it and they will come".....now its, "we are so big and powerful, we will now tell YOU what we want you to have"......

         

        Trust me on this, because the world is full of innovators, there will be a group that gets together and provides the online gaming community what they want, fair and balanced playing field, great lag compensation calculations, great net code, realistic scenarios, equality in core vs hardcore...and when this happens, Activision will wonder why their base left them....right now the base is stuck waiting for the innovators to show up

        • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
          trialstardragon

          When and I stress when and if those innovators show up an do that than 3arc and IW will make changes until they do not have too, another simple fact.

           

          You forget it is their game, they make the rules they decide how it plays not the players ever. It has always been this way. They decide what stays or not. Sure you can express your disdain at it but that does not mean they have to change it back ever.

           

          But it is the methodology and way the disdain is expressed that can be the biggest hinderance in ever getting any changes made.

           

          Insults including slander of any form=ignore

          Threats of any kind=ignore

          Demands of any kind=ignore

          command of any kind=ignore

          petition of any kind=ignore

           

          unhelpful rant that just expresses unhappness but gives no helpful way to fix=understood but nothing to do about it since no idea was offered and they cannot read the players mind to know exactly what the problem was or how to fix it.

          • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

            actually, it is the consumer's game.

             

            somewhere along the line, companies like 3arc forgot the old adage " the customer is always right " .

             

            had they have stated before the game came out that there would have been only four hardcore modes they would have lost customers.

             

            i remember having more hardcore modes in previous games.  you cannot take away game modes and then say that the reason you took away the game modes is because no one was playing the game modes. its a catch-22.

             

            even if they dont give the hardcore players the same amount of game modes, we should still have more than 4.

             

            ps -- i still do not get how anyone that plays core can say with a straight face that hardcore takes less skill.  when you have a mini-map that shows you the location of every player it isnt really a challenge.

            • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
              starbuckfrack

              xilfxlegion wrote:

               

              actually, it is the consumer's game.

               

              somewhere along the line, companies like 3arc forgot the old adage " the customer is always right " .

               

              had they have stated before the game came out that there would have been only four hardcore modes they would have lost customers.

               

              i remember having more hardcore modes in previous games.  you cannot take away game modes and then say that the reason you took away the game modes is because no one was playing the game modes. its a catch-22.

               

              even if they dont give the hardcore players the same amount of game modes, we should still have more than 4.

               

              ps -- i still do not get how anyone that plays core can say with a straight face that hardcore takes less skill.  when you have a mini-map that shows you the location of every player it isnt really a challenge.

              The customer is always right is a saying that died in the early 90s. The customer is no longer right when you lose profits. The customer is right is only used to tell the lower end employees how to handle a customer. Once you get into manangement you know for a fact that profit is always right and screw the customer.

               

              Look at how Netflix changed their services losing almost 1 million out of 24 million subscribers, they were only expecting to lose half a million but they still did it anyway.. Look at how ATT lost tons of customers by dragging the price of basic phone service up to 45 dollars a month forcing people to buy a package.

               

              Its not the customers game when you people keep buying it and playing it. It is only the customers game when you REFUSE to buy it. Even though that still doesnt make a difference.

    • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
      asianman12

      You can ask questions.  You can complain about something don't like about the game.  But that doesn't mean Treyarch has to do anything about it.  It also doesn't mean you get to threaten the Devs to get what you want.  I shouldn't have to reiterate everything TSD just said.

      • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
        slayerextreme

        I have asked questions, directly to Treyarchs Facebook Tech support page, I have tried David Vandahaars twitter account and all have went unanswered....again, I asked QUSTIONS.....I didnt make comments I didnt bash their product....

         

        I am a highly trained technical professional, that has worked in the Telecomm/IT area for over 25 years, uderstand also, that everything most people try and do to get their online experience to function as good as it can, I have already done....

         

        XBOX great cabling from XBOX to TV

        XBOX Static IP

        XBOX DNS settings set to fast private DNS server

        XBOX hardwired to router with quality cat 6 cable

        Router has newest firmware

        Router-ports to XBOX live and to current game are all port forwarded

        Television has "noise reduction" set to off

         

        If it can be done to reduce either input or output latency it has been done.....

         

        I asked the people and groups mentioned above some very specific questions and have been completely ignored......so, I spend a fair amount of time on the forums reading, a lot are those that complain about everything, some are just asking for help, some are just post "trolls" that are here to just cause friction...but once you filter out the bad, you find a small group within a group that are technically sound and have awesome input with great ideas.....and I like many others feel that the people that are willing to step up and ask technically sound questions, or provide feed back to the developers in a positive way on how to enhance or correct an issue that is hurting the COD community, we feel like we are being ignored 110%....

         

        I LOVE COD, me and my friends have been together since COD4 Modern warfare ....we only play COD not battlefield not halo.....we are a COD group....but with each release, they get further from what brought in the masses to the COD series, a guy can run with a sniper rifle and gun you down bu quick/no scoping, but a person cant hide in a corner or a shadow or a bush because ghost only works if you are moving????  really......thats whats destroying the COD series, and its being destroyed from the INSIDE!!!

        • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
          asianman12

          slayerextreme wrote:

           

          I have asked questions, directly to Treyarchs Facebook Tech support page, I have tried David Vandahaars twitter account and all have went unanswered....again, I asked QUSTIONS.....I didnt make comments I didnt bash their product....

           

          You're not the only one trying to get answers.  There are a lot of people asking questions and only a few people that can answer them at any given time. 

           

           

          I LOVE COD, me and my friends have been together since COD4 Modern warfare ....we only play COD not battlefield not halo.....we are a COD group....but with each release, they get further from what brought in the masses to the COD series, a guy can run with a sniper rifle and gun you down bu quick/no scoping, but a person cant hide in a corner or a shadow or a bush because ghost only works if you are moving????  really......thats whats destroying the COD series, and its being destroyed from the INSIDE!!!

           

          Seems like more of a purist view.  You don't like the changes.  Well that's your opinion.  3ARC doesn't have to change things so that it plays exactly like COD4.  That's not the point of a sequal. 

          • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
            slayerextreme

            Agreed......but my point was that Modern warfare ran like a dream!!!  if you had bad internet or a horrible connection, you were penalized, not the other 11 players.....in there attempt to make things "fair", they are destroying the multiplayer experience.....its just like quick/no scoping.....on what sort of battlefield would you run around with your ass on fire and be able to snap shoot somebody????  but yet you destry the effectiveness of the Ghost perk.....a sequal is great,,,,, but destroying the content of the game to release a substandard multiplayer FPS is stupid...

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
    FamilyTeam

    I am going to admit, even if I don't play HC FFA (For that matter, I don't play Core FFA) , I am starting to feel bad about our teammates that really want it.

    Call Of Duty is the biggest game in the market right now. The day one title hits the market, it becomes the next best selling game in history. Treyarch and Activision get Billions of dollars with this series, so IMO, there is no excuse to them to take out a Gamemode. If they need more servers, they can simply buy/create more.

    I will agree with you however, the community is overreacting to this.

    Just because they took of your favorite gamemode it doesn't mean that treyarch hates you, or that they hate the community. You don't need to threat them, or say "I WON'T BUY ANYM00RE OF YUR GUIEMIS AGUEIN, TENKS 2 YU TREYARCH, U KILLED HCFFA!!"

    Treyarch is trying (atleast i THINK they are trying) to make the comunity happy, so if you ask them nicely, MAYBE, just maybe, they'll put Hardcore Free For All back. (Even tough IMO they shouldn't have took it down in the first place, I am only happy if the rest of the community is happy) [there is some engrish in this post, I know, I just woke up.]

    • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
      asianman12

      I agree.  I would love for there to be enough space to put HC FFA back.  But they already stated that they only have enough room for 4 game types in HC.  So they are testing the waters with different game types.   They saw that more people are playing HC KC more than FFA so to them it was a better choice.  They made 10,000 people happy over a 1,000.  To me that makes me happy they made so many people happy. 

       

      Now about COD being the biggest game on the market.  Sure. It's the most sold game.  But that doesn't make it any better than Halo 4 which won best multiplayer and only gets played on one console versus a multiplatform game like COD.  

      • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
        Rednecksniper39

        asianman12 wrote:

         

        Now about COD being the biggest game on the market.  Sure. It's the most sold game.  But that doesn't make it any better than Halo 4 which won best multiplayer and only gets played on one console versus a multiplatform game like COD.  

        Most games that come out now are better then COD in overall experience. I'm going back through the whole Mass Effect series right now. What most people who come here to complain don't realize is that there are other games then COD. So what if you don't like BO2. Don't play it and go play something else instead of continuing playing and complaining.

      • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
        FamilyTeam

        Well, mate, I am going to say I like your style of replying to people. You are the living proof that not all of us COD players are brainless.

        But when i said that COD is the biggest game in the market right now, I said so in terms of sales, that no one can deny. I honestly think that there are games that are 2 or 3 times as fun as COD. (See: Touhou, Plants Vs Zombies, GTAIV, Sonic and others)

        And, to the space issue, again, these guys are probably as rich as Bill Gates now, they can buy more servers if they want and/or fell like it, but I doubt it, I kinda see why they won't put it back. They'll spend money getting more servers only to 1,000 to 4,000 people to go, that is what the HCFFA players need to realize. Sure, it sucks, even I'll admit that one of my best games was back at the MW2 PC, were in HC FFA I made 57-30 (The server was entirely custom, i don't even know if there is HCFFA in stock MW2), but in the end of the day, Treyarch knows what they are doing.

    • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
      trialstardragon

      Finally someone with some common sense in their reply. I thank you for it too. You expressed your view with out the need to get hateful or negative about it. You stated your side with out the need for any non constructive negativity.

       

      You chose to agree on some points but disagree on the action taken. But did so with out having to name call, or make threats or demands. This is what the other fail to do or see should be done.

       

      The problem is when the game was designed only a set number of slots was made for hc. they can not just simply change that number. 3ARC has always been about moshing or removing lists to add in new to make sure the player base does not get fragmented too much. Which is a logical progression on how to do it.

       

      But this method has and always will make some players unhappy, and 3ARC is well aware of this; but unfortunaltely not much else can be done about it.

       

      Aagain I thank you for not having to use any cuss or curse or swearing or name calling. though at times I do find myself using it to my own chagrin sometimes. But not as much or until so many here have just been so rude and then think they are entiled to have the game be what they want no matter what the devs think or say and when not given what they want become rund and hateful but yet still think the devs have to listen to them. When simply that is not true.

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
    trialstardragon

    I am seriously beginning to regret ever making this post. For even though it was meant to be helpful it has degraded down to a level that I do not really consider any more helpful than the other 1000's of posts seen here each day that do nothing more then complain about something not going as they wanted..

     

    Eh such is life. Maybe Foxy, can clear it up if possible, if not just delete it. Nothing said seems to have made much difference at all.

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
    Ss78_

    Now if only someone from 3arc could take some time out to address these matters instead of making the community fight among themselves. 2 posts from vahn buried in the hardcore thread isn't a lot to go on. Seriously people if you've been on these forums long enough you'll notice that replying in this thread will more than likely give you a headache. This thread has every right to be locked just like all the other hc threads that were too. The hardcore thread is where these discussions should take place and where all other hardcore topics should get directed too. The op knows this.

    • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
      trialstardragon

      Actually I hope Foxy does come take a look and edit it as he see's fit and then lock it so it does not degrade any further than what it has.

       

      My post was not meant to start another argument but to present some simple tidbits of information that may have helped some people understand a few things.

       

      That if they want hcffa back, they need to be careful in how they go about asking for it and I stress the word ASK. For none of us here can make demands or command the developers to do anything in the game. And any threat will just get ignored as it should be.

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

    I get that the devs can't please everyone.  I get that I agree to play the game the way they designed it.  I get that the HC playerbase is smaller and therefore doesn't get the same allotted resources.  I understand all the reasons they removed it.

     

    What I don't understand is why they took a step back in regards to HC support.  Why do we have less than, not core, but previous games.  MW3 had TDM, FFA, HQ, Dom and KC.  I know 3Arc isn't IW but they never had a problem sharing ideas/resources before.  I mean KC was an IW idea afterall. Why the step back?

     

    If you can get me to understand that I might buy it then, until then it's BS.

    • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
      trialstardragon

      That even I can not answer except to say one word. League.

       

      In BO1 the competitive list was added late in to the game, it did not really replace but one list. Now in this game League has its own game mode, and several lists made for it. Seems as if more attention was put in to league then in to hc this time around.

       

      But League will not be going anywhere since it is Vahns brainchild from his experience with the mlg players and their tournaments.

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
    undzis

    [REMOVED BY MODERATOR] Your right about not always being able to please everybody all the time.  You have no idea why ppl are upset though.  The HC player base has every right to be upset by this.

     

    Hc community roughly make up 1/3 of the CoD population. Like it or not that is a lot of ppl.  In previous CoD games our playlist has been nearly dbl what it is now.  BO1 had 7 HC game modes if i remember right.  We have almost half now.  Core currently has 18 core game modes (3 league, 12 core, 2 combat training and 1 bonus).  HC has only 4.  Im of coarse not counting the party game modes but one could argue that i should include both gun game and sharp shooter in that. Which if so would make it 20 core type game modes.

     

    On top of that.  HC has yet to play nuketown in reg map rotation or have a nuketown playlist.  A feature that many ppl wanted boh core and hc. The reason of it fragmenting the player base is utter bs.  you didn't even need to preorder the game to geet the bonus map.  You can go to gamestop or walmart right now and buy the game and get the map.  Somebody post just 2 -3 days ago that they rebought the map would like to trade the map code of something else since they had the game before and used the previous game's code and don't need the new one.  This is a full mo after the game has come out. So thier reasoning is utter BS.

     

    Keep in mind we paid the same amount as everybody else.  This game made 1billion on launch day.  With HC community making up roughly 1/3 of the players.  About 333 million dollars came from us.  I wouldn't call that chump chance.  If we stop buying CoD since they keep treating us worse and worse. I bet they will miss our money and will hurt their bottom line.

    • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
      trialstardragon

      Actually I am not full of crap and yes I do play hc in this game and in every game that ever had it. You no nothing about what type of player I am. I do have an idea why people are upset. They are upset that the playlist they wanted to play was removed. They feel they were cheated to lied too or stolen from and that is not the case nor ever was.

       

      1/3 is not a lot of people, not when compared to the core players. HC is a minority group in this game and always has been and always will. The general populance plays core because to them it is easier becuase of the radar and hud.

       

      As I stated in previous games there was not the League system. The developers made a choice to focus more on that than toward hc. And it is their choice to do so.

       

      HC will not get noobtwoon in regular roation, for not even core has it in regular rotation and never will. It is only for those that pre-ordered the game and bought the season pass. So that complaint is moot. Noobtown will not be in regular rotation during the life of this game. Just becuase some of the stores have some of the copies left that had the code does not mean every copy in the stores does.

       

      You can try and claim that the reason of fragementation is utter BS but you do not know if it is or not. You have no idea, you do not have the numbers that they do to see this. So that reason you tried to use is utter bs.

       

      They will miss the money a little but not nearly as much as you think. For they could then remove hc, and focus soley on core and league play and other things. And yes players would still play the game, and yes they would still make a lot of money. So using the threat of lost sales is again utter bs using your own words.

    • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
      starbuckfrack

      undzis wrote:

       

       

       

      Hc community roughly make up 1/3 of the CoD population.

      So then WHY is the population of hardcore only less than 2 percent of the population every time I am online ? does only that 1/3 of the population only play between 9 and 5 ?

       

      1/3. Really ?

       

      Besides your numbers dont matter. What matters is what the devs think. Its been said that Hardcore players are 1 percent of the total population. Evn if that number were false in anyones eyes the fact that they said Hardcore is 1 percent now makes it a fact. It shows that they do not care.

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
    matt94

    To anyone who argues the HC community is too small its because HC gamemodes are dropping like flies,Im not gonna scream about treyarchs decisions because as he stated it's thier game but HC is getting smaller because for gamemodes like FFA,Demolition,DOM,etc. people are forced to go to core.

    • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

      Yeah on Black Ops 1 all I played was HC HQ, Demo, and Dom. Not a single one of them made it to Blops 2. I am now forced to play core where all everyone does is watch the mini-map for your dot to show up on a UAV or because you don't use a silencer and chase you down. HC is a totally different playstyle then core.

      • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
        matt94

        I have always been a HC CTF player i think that HC takes no more skill than core,Its a videogame no skill required,but HC takes more awareness because you die in 1 bullet

        • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
          TightNinja1

          HC HQ

          HC Dom
          HC Hardpoint

           

          Still waiting for these game modes Treyarch.....

          • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
            trialstardragon

            And will be waiting for a long time for they will not ever just add all three at one time.

            • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

               

              Oh vahn vahn vahn, just out of curiosity, what actual numbers do you have to go by when making these claims about what the cod community as a whole like and dont like?  I will say that I personally prefer the hardcore variant over core, but i prefer game modes like demolition, domination, and headquarters over team deathmatch, kill confirmed, and search and destroy.  So I suck it up, play with weapons that are a one shot kill and tough it out in core variant with more variety in game modes.

               

              You say you dont have these game modes in hardcore because they arent popular game modes with the small hardcore community.  But being that game modes like hardpoint have not even seen the hardcore variant, and a lot of diehard hardcore fans may have never even played it because its only available in core gameplay.  So how do you know that it wouldn't be popular enough in hardcore variant if it has never been tested with the community?

               

              How do you know that more core players like myself wouldnt play more hard core if our favorite game modes were available in hardcore variant.  To give you an example, My clan played primarily core gameplay for the diverse game modes, we liked domination primarily, and still do.  Well domination has always been a core game mode, but in modern warfare 3, infinity ward brought domination to hardcore.  We started playing a lot of hardcore domination, more so than any core gameplay.

               

              Now how many others do you think might be out there that enjoy the hardcore variant but play core for the simple fact that their favorite game mode isnt part of the hardcore playlist.  The answer is YOU DONT KNOW!  But I know a spectacular way to find out.  And its going to blow your mind.  You have your dev's release a patch that adds the game modes to the hardcore lobby, shouldnt take long and i bet it costs very little to do so.

               

              Oh and while you're at it, how bout hardcore groundwar.

               

               

               

              I got this from a post to Vahn.........I hope they get the hint that they have annoyed the hardcore community.  About time they did something about it

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

    trialstardragon wrote:

    Making threats, that unless they bring it back you will not buy the next game does not help either. You will not bully the developers by such tactics. Your dislike of the removal will be noted and that is as far as it will go. Your threat has no power over them even if you like to think it does.

     

    despite what you think, people who stop playing the game because of a reason actually does affect them if there are enough people who all stop playing for that very reason. they do care. they have a marketing department who cares very much about such a threat, as it affects future game sales, dlc sales, etc. now, 1 person getting mad, no, they don't care, but enough people and yes, yes they do.

     

    for example, if you said adding in this game mode = 500,000 more players who continue playing this game instead of trading it in for far cry 3, or whatever, they would care a great deal, and trust me the game mode would be in. not saying that is even close to being true in this case, but it is definitely the reality.

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
    Restore_Hardcore

    This game is legit, best fps out there. There is no lag fairy and the weapons are great. Hardcore is the only thing wrong with this game, I say get rid of it and let another company take over the millions who play HC. HC is taking up too much space on the playlists, we need room for more core! Please someone create a HC game and take the millions of HC fans with you, we don't need them in our community anymore!

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
    ukscorpz

    I agree with the fact that posts should be worded politley, there's no need for hostility.

     

    The thing that makes me laugh is that all of these types of post telling HC players to shut up are made by people who don't play HC - so are not affected in anyway. 

     

    How would you lot like the next installment of the franchise to be HC only?  Think there would be a fair few of your lot spitting out your dummies too.

     

    I think the fact of the matter is now days Developers should be ADDING to the COD experience NOT TAKING THINGS AWAY.

     

    And this whole talk of numbers in playlists is nonsense - Hello Prestige playlist in BO1.....

     

    At the end of the day I'm sure Activision know what they are doing - they are fully aware they are pushing us COD old skoolers and purists away and catering to the 'aim assist casual no scope children'.

     

    The reason for this is kids are more likely to shell out their pocket money for half made games and add-ons without a thought.  And thats all the publishers want - they don't care about the game nor the community.

     

    And this is another reason the HC community is getting smaller - a lot of us are going back to PC versions of the game where Mods and custom maps are a million times better than the new incarnations.  I'm afraid to say that being a COD player from Vanilla I am heading the same way.

     

    Anyways, those are my thoughts and do not wish to cause offense.  Just a sad sad time for the COD series.

    • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
      Restore_Hardcore

      I agree, TDS says he plays HC yet he only comes up with excuses why it should be discarded. The HC community is growing because it obviously plays better than core, that is a fact. Activision's Tony Hawk got killed by EA's Skate back in 2007. Tony Hawk was like core, unrealistic and childish. EA's Skate was more realistic and catered to those who wanted a better experience. Core is the Tony Hawk of CoD, Skate is the hardcore version. As soon as a game comes out that caters to those of us who enjoy a more realistic approach to shooters it will be history repeating itself. Activision doesn't realize what they have with the HC community here. There is no excuse as to why HC doesn't get more options, we have the numbers. If you take the numbers of the HC players playing only 4 modes vs the core players who play 12 modes, plus League Play, plus the bonus list, plus the Revolution list you will see that our numbers are stronger. It's simple math, we have grown and I have outgrown these pathetic excuses. It doesn't bother me as much now though, I already maxed out last month and went back to playing SWTOR. History will repeat itself, watch.

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
    Azrael513

    I wonder how long it will take for me to right a constructive complaint about it being removed if I can touchtype an average of 40-70 WPM

  • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
    Bushythehunter

    In response to your comments about hardcore mode, when we all bought black op2 it was going to have the same hardcore modes as mw3,if treyarch had advised all gamers that there would be very limited hardcore modes I am sure the game would not have sold as many, also we all agreed to terms and conditions of play does not mean promise one thing then supply some thing else.there is thousands of complaints about the lack of information that treyarch are given to the gamers regarding hardcore modes,and to only supply 4 hardcore modes to play is pathetic Treyarch should have the courtesy to respond to the gamers questions.

    • Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.
      VanDrad24

      Im pretty much exclusively a hardcore tdm  player, why? Because I like it. But its my opinion that this game was developed  for a very specific group of players, the well for lack of a better term " pro" players. The high profile clans like Optic, or Obey.( I spelled the words correctly so im sure its diferent than how they spell them) , or the youtube crowd that has to get 10000000000 subs, in his clan of the week. My son is one of the latter. This is whatthe game was made for , I do enjoy the game quite a bit but it would be alot better if they concentrated on the game play, and less  on the social media nonsense.  So if youre not one of the " cool kids" its pretty much assured you'll be ignored