4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2012 9:40 AM by ChaotikSpraya86 RSS

Friendly Fire is way to much

Ok so I have had this game since the day it came out, and for the first several weeks I couldnt be paid to do anything but rage at my computer because someone threw a nade over a building or a predator missle blew my face off. Then the updates came and the friendly fire stuff came along also. That Richochet friendly fire has killed me and lost matches I have played in countless times. Its abused like crazy and its the most annoying way to die. I understand that some people seem to think that CoD cant be played without FF but the Ricochet is the worst type I have ever run into. It makes sense to have to watch your fire because your teammate might just decide to  charge the tracers but when you have to watch your fire because you will kill yourself that is rediculous. I cant play more than two matches anymore because there are always kids on trolling, or just being newbs, who run in front of the weapons or decide that AFTER the frag goes into the room its a good idea to clear it. I dont know how many times I have thrown a grenade at a baddy and had my teammate charge him and I die because of the teammate. So the point of this rant, is there a chance that some real CoD servers will be put up? Or maybe the FF altered, or completely taken off?

• Re: Friendly Fire is way to much
    frats74

CoolBreez3 wrote:

Ok so I have had this game since the day it came out, and for the first several weeks I couldnt be paid to do anything but rage at my computer because someone threw a nade over a building or a predator missle blew my face off. Then the updates came and the friendly fire stuff came along also. That Richochet friendly fire has killed me and lost matches I have played in countless times. Its abused like crazy and its the most annoying way to die. I understand that some people seem to think that CoD cant be played without FF but the Ricochet is the worst type I have ever run into. It makes sense to have to watch your fire because your teammate might just decide to  charge the tracers but when you have to watch your fire because you will kill yourself that is rediculous. I cant play more than two matches anymore because there are always kids on trolling, or just being newbs, who run in front of the weapons or decide that AFTER the frag goes into the room its a good idea to clear it. I dont know how many times I have thrown a grenade at a baddy and had my teammate charge him and I die because of the teammate. 

I understand. I've been in those situations many times as well.

CoolBreez3 wrote:

So the point of this rant, is there a chance that some real CoD servers will be put up?

What do COD servers have to do with Friendly Fire?

CoolBreez3 wrote:

Or maybe the FF altered, or completely taken off?

Hardcore Matches were already altered from the previous COD games. In MW2 and Black Ops if you kill your teammate three times, you get booted from the game.

If you don't like Hardcore, just play Core versions.

Well with an actual server if people get on and want the FF changed or taken off it can be done.

Also the booted thing makes sense, if people want FF then live with the consequences. Its much less annoying and much easier on your killstreak/kdr if you get booted for several TKs, plus if you kill someone then they tend to think a couple times before charging the tracers again.

And I loved the real hardcore that they had back in CoD4. The core for the modern CoD is ridiculous, its the two extremes, either your weapons kill in one bullet, or it takes two mags. I much prefer being slaughtered in one bullet as opposed to emptying my M4 on an AFK player and then having to reload because he still isnt dead yet.

frats74

CoolBreez3 wrote:

Well with an actual server if people get on

It's a cost issue that's been talked about for years.

http://www.callofduty.com/thread/200565394

CoolBreez3 wrote:

and want the FF changed or taken off it can be done.

Change to what? There will always be consequences to Friendly Fire, either your teammate dies and you get booted or you die because of it.

CoolBreez3 wrote:

Also the booted thing makes sense, if people want FF then live with the consequences. Its much less annoying and much easier on your killstreak/kdr if you get booted for several TKs, plus if you kill someone then they tend to think a couple times before charging the tracers again.

However, when teammates get booted it can leave one team vulnerable while the other has the advantage in numbers.

ie. It can be 3 vs 6, 2 vs 5, or 1 vs 6 for a while while the game searches for new players, and often when new players arrive it's already a landslide victory for the other team.

Sometimes, teammates shoot each other too just to get out of the game rather than Rage Quit.

CoolBreez3 wrote:

And I loved the real hardcore that they had back in CoD4.

Me too.

CoolBreez3 wrote:

The core for the modern CoD is ridiculous, its the two extremes, either your weapons kill in one bullet, or it takes two mags. I much prefer being slaughtered in one bullet as opposed to emptying my M4 on an AFK player and then having to reload because he still isnt dead yet.

I don't have that kind of problem despite only having 25% accuracy.

hey bro i know this might seem obvious but if you dont like ff then u should maybe move to core.soon after i started to play cod i moved to hardcore but since the increase in trolling and few gamers in hc playlists i made the move back to core.i spent two years as a hc player and felt core was for noobs but infact it seems good players exist in both.also by making the move to core you have less trolling but easier opponents.if you feel that you cant go back to core then i suggest getting your own back by becoming a trolling pro