1 16 17 18 19 20 Previous Next 242 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2013 10:38 AM by DeadmanWonderlands Go to original post RSS
  • 170. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    IllusionGames

Indeed, since black ops 1 ( communication was pretty good from treyarch  ) it was one of the things I admired about them was there nature to always improve and communicate with the community. ( What happened? )

We are left to guess now, make conclusions or simply stop playing if we do not like it. As I wrote this, the player base is bigger then it ever has been, with this said, it seems logical the connectivity would be better instead of worse, higher and higher percentages today have quality internet then 4 years ago, I understand things change, yes, we are moving forwards not backwards.

COD 4 many did not have the ability to afford premium internet, and with that said, these issues and conversations did not take place at this extreme levels they are.

I do not know how to fix the connectivity of the game, it does seem odd to me that there is a huge increase in quality internet, higher player counts during peak times and the performance of the game is interesting at best.

I do want to mention however, since the communication is not their, I found the motivation to setup my TV correctly 

• 171. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    asianman12

Doxir wrote:

Absolutely not respond immediately. I think my screen is 4ms. Is that good?

Well if your TV doesn't show the character responding immediately then you're gonna have a harder time reacting.  You might press your trigger when you see the enemy but the response from your TV is late.  So you end up dying.  Also are you using a wireless Controller or Wired?  There is also a bit of input lag from wireless controllers too.  Best to use a wired controller.

EDIT: And is it possible that my TV NAtive resolution is 1920x1080? So 1080p?

yes

• 172. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    yarderdunes

You sure spend alot of energy arguing the semantics of how people post in order to assert that your opinion is the only one that is close to fact or even matters.

And you're right, I don't give two sh1ts about how the game plays for you when it doesn't play right for me.  I paid for my copy of the game not yours.

• 173. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    yarderdunes

I'm pretty sure I understand the way matches are made, I don't need you to explain it to me like I am an idiot.

Maybe if you weren't so condescending you wouldn't get such a negative response from people.

• 174. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    SCHMULY

Not advising but just trying to point out "Gaming mode" settings on a monitor doesn't mean it was made for FPS games. Some monitors are built for FPS games while most "Gaming Modes" on tv's or other monitors aren't for FPS.

I would never suggest anyone investing the money into a "Real" gaming monitor built for FPS games unless they are a die hard, serious gamer that wants every possible advantage over the casual gamer.

I think some of the TV/Monitor talk in this thread and the forum as a whole is just dead wrong.

• 175. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved

yarderdunes wrote:

You sure spend alot of energy arguing the semantics of how people post in order to assert that your opinion is the only one that is close to fact or even matters.

And you're right, I don't give two sh1ts about how the game plays for you when it doesn't play right for me.  I paid for my copy of the game not yours.

Well said  ^^^^^^^

• 176. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    Dyn4mics

All this hostility towards Asianman isn't helping the cause. If you don't like the way he posts, throw it right back at him.

OT: It seems after seeing the countless threads made on this topic, nobody knows that the problem is. If is merely passed off as being a problem with a users connection. In my case this simply isn't true. I've connected directly to the modem which should supersede any problems with my network. I've done this on multiple modems as well.

My take is that 3arc doesn't have a solution to this problem yet, so they are playing dumb. I'm sure it is complicated to troubleshoot and fix something like this. Let's just hope it doesn't take 6 months to smooth it all out.

• 177. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved

where do i find this setting to turn it off? i cant find it? ive been looking for 20 minutes to adjust it from high to off... but cant find it anywhere

• 178. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    Dyn4mics

It should be under advanced in your picture settings. If you have a low end LCD or the like you may not have the option to turn this off without the service menu code for your tv.

• 179. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    IllusionGames

asianman12 wrote:

Doxir wrote:

Absolutely not respond immediately. I think my screen is 4ms. Is that good?

Well if your TV doesn't show the character responding immediately then you're gonna have a harder time reacting.  You might press your trigger when you see the enemy but the response from your TV is late.  So you end up dying.  Also are you using a wireless Controller or Wired?  There is also a bit of input lag from wireless controllers too.  Best to use a wired controller.

EDIT: And is it possible that my TV NAtive resolution is 1920x1080? So 1080p?

yes

Even though I was set to game mode, I certaintly missed this, alot of my problems were because of this, now I get to see myself truly emptying an entire clip in to the enemy and they do not go down, however I do want to mention, it is not every player and every game, sometimes are good and some are not so good, it changes every match.

I appreciate all you and the feedback you have shared. - Thank you

1 16 17 18 19 20 Previous Next