1 19 20 21 22 23 Previous Next 242 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2013 10:38 AM by DeadmanWonderlands Go to original post RSS
  • 200. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    Foxhound-Pro

CowboySr wrote:

On behalf of a lot of people I would like to make the following statement about this subject.   My life feels stressful. When I come home I like to virtually pwn randoms.  I dont know if ts lag comp, my TV settings, the poor matchmaking, or the lady next door using up all the neighborhood bandwidth streaming cats getting startled on Youtube all day. Frankly, I dont give a damn. Cause I dont wont to spend 400 hours researching it and debating something 99% of the people here dont have a real clue about. 

That said, I'll tell you one thing I know. This game is way beyond inconsistent and in more then half the rooms I'm not seeing people in front of me. Ive never seen it like this in any of the other CODs and unless its fixed, I wont see it again.   

The people that make this game can ignore all of the people stating the same thing, and risk losing a playerbase, or they can acknowledge it, attempt to fix it, and salvage the year. 

I understand the reasoning behind this statement. I wish everything was easy for everyone to fix, but our luxury products have gone from "simple" to quite complex and quickly. For as much as we want plug-and-play experiences, this expectation is fleeting.

This post rings back to one I made previously.

• 201. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    codchamp

A lot of the issues you see in this game and aome of the past titles are also just not atributed to lag. It is also the game engine that COD runs on. It is outdated and i dont think it was ever expected to take the load that games from Blops1, MW3 and Blops 2. This is a engine that was designed around games like COD 4 and waw. Much simpler in graphics and functionality. What do i mean by that? Simple COD 4 had 3 kill streaks, no calling cards, no emblem creators, less Quality graphics, Much less in the way of challenges, less weapon load outs etc etc. This i think is part to blame for what we see. But you will not see a change until a new engine is designed and i will assume with the next generation of console's

• 203. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    mjw3786

great point. the addition of killstreaks put a noticeable frame drop tax on mw2. that game was terrible at times when a lot of air support was up. harrier, chopper, pavelow, ac130. all that stuff just crushed the consoles. i'm sure we all know people who lost consoles to mw2.

now they've managed to increase the game pace even more and with the best guns being SMG's and shotguns plus some seriously beefed up handguns, things are flying across the screen and creating chaos. shock grenades, smokes, explosions, thermal/MMS/target finder overlays.

makes me miss modern warfare [cod4]

• 204. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    codchamp

Thats my point exactly. There is so much going on now in the game that the console and the engine cannot keep up with the game. This is one of the reasons why you see huge frame rate drops when so much is going on. Remember when people use to complain about laggy chopper gunners in MW2 and Blops 1?

• 205. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    CowboySr

indeed.   But as batman learned in the hole, there is always hope.

• 206. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    Ss78_

Btw thanks illusiongames you've brought to attention something that not everyone's aware of. I'd already being using game mode but doubled checked everything after reading this thread initially and also made some changes.

The way you presented the initial thread and how you have been fully open to both sides of discussion is a compliment to yourself.

You've got a like from me and I hope others see the value in giving a like too.

Just sayin.

• 207. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    maccabi

codchamp wrote:

A lot of the issues you see in this game and aome of the past titles are also just not atributed to lag. It is also the game engine that COD runs on. It is outdated and i dont think it was ever expected to take the load that games from Blops1, MW3 and Blops 2. This is a engine that was designed around games like COD 4 and waw. Much simpler in graphics and functionality. What do i mean by that? Simple COD 4 had 3 kill streaks, no calling cards, no emblem creators, less Quality graphics, Much less in the way of challenges, less weapon load outs etc etc. This i think is part to blame for what we see. But you will not see a change until a new engine is designed and i will assume with the next generation of console's

with respect i dont understand why people keep making out the engine is outdated, ever game uses basically  a brand new engine tailored for the game its running. they dont just reuse the same engine over and over its tailored and changed for the games its running.

people get too hung up on engines.. end of the day the stuff that runs the games hasn't really changed that much any advances you see in engines are usually in graphic and audio and physics

• 208. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved
    codchamp

They tailor the engine to the new game mac. You know this as do many others. But they still use the same basic structure of its design. This current engine has been around since Golden eye or COD 4? Either way it is at the least 8-10 years old already. It has been great but maybe time for a totally new one.

I am not keen or really up to speed on gaming design or the platforms they are designed for. But i do read a lot and how many times a year do you see a new Game engine featured in a gaming magazine. The story shows what can be done with the new design that couldnt before. This is what i see in the COD franchise that possibly is a big factor to what we see as problems.

• 209. Re: I fixed being off by 1/2 - 1 second behind the play. - Solved

Disclaimer: I have not read anything other than the OP.

Input lag could make a huge difference in what you perceive as "lag". However, this is not a fix for everyone. I have a monitor with ~2ms input lag, which is pretty damn near optimal. My entire set up is designed to reduce input lag into my system so I can have the best possible throughput to the game. I still get lag comp'd to death at times. There is nothing Im doing on my end that explains the BS I see at times in this game.

The equations used to dole out lag comp needs to be tweaked.

Skill as a part of matchmaking needs to be taken out. The problem I see with using "skill" as part of the matchmaking equation is this: think of the "skill" of the players as a bell curve. The further you get away from average (assumed to be 1 kdr) the smaller the pool of players in your "skill" level there are. Skill should in no way shape or form be a factor in matchmaking. Matchmaking should attempt to place you in lobbies with the best connections to other players. Period.

1 19 20 21 22 23 Previous Next