17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 2:37 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

sentry guns

mademan

Dam so they have now made it so you can only deploy 1 sentry gun at a time now. Loved it when I had 4 out  and they went on a killing rampage lol

• Re: sentry guns
    rankismet

mademan wrote:

Dam so they have now made it so you can only deploy 1 sentry gun at a time now. Loved it when I had 4 out  and they went on a killing rampage lol

I wish you could too... 500 pts from my EMP grenade would be nice.

Jimmienoman

I just had 2 running simultaneously 2 or 3 days ago. Did it change since?

JSlayer211

LAME! I love stacking up my guns all over the place. Besides that, they don't have a timer to expire. I can forsee lots of lost sentry guns happening due to overlapping by not being able to use them. Guess I better not go cap this flag or kill anyone or I will overlap the sentry I'm waiting to use.

Why would they do this? Treyarch are fuckign backwards. It's fine to have several killstreaks going at once absolutely obliterating the enemy team but you can't have more than one sentry at a time that will get destroyed very quickly by anyone with an ounce of intellect.

nicedrewishfela

One is enough for anyone, especially since they can be user controlled now.

JSlayer211

So how do you justify the frequency with which they will be lost and overlapped? That's fair too then I take it? Not at all. It's just like making UAV's one in the air at a time only. These streaks can be achieved fairly quickly. If I get home and find that what OP says is true, then Sentry Guns will be promptly removed from my scorestreak list as I often times get more than one available at a time.

nicedrewishfela

One is plenty. How do you justify using so many at once? Get kills with your weapons, stop leaning on streaks.

Jimmienoman

So Guardians were nerfed also then?

To the above poster, Since you shouldn't need more than 1 of anything why dot we just cut out score streaks period? We should get kills with guns only.

nicedrewishfela

Did I say that? NO. So please, speak for yourself and stop twisting my words.

I think one of any streak out for each player is plenty. Guess what? I also don't want two stealth choppers out. I don't think one player should have multiple Guardians, three or four RCXDs in a row, Three sets of dogs.

That is just being reasonable. There is no reason to have one player hiding behind multiple sentry guns. That is overkill and I am glad they got rid of that as it shouldn't happen. I would like to see it so all streaks are like this. Can't put one out if one is already in use by that player.

I am just of the mindset streaks should supplement the gameplay.. not BE the gameplay.

JSlayer211

You do realize streaks come partially from gun kills right? Why are you so mad at others for getting streaks so fast that they are afraid they will overlap? Your petty insult leads me to believe that you are out of intelligible responses. Keep trying though, maybe you can get 2 sentry guns up at the same time one day. I believe in you

nicedrewishfela

Or maybe you need to challenge yourself a bit more if you are getting them with such frequency, oh great one.

There are higher streaks to get, maybe look into those? No need for the condescension. There is no need for multiple Sentry Guns, one out at a time is plenty in my opinion.

I am doing just fine in game, thanks. I have never, and probably will never, assign a sentry gun as a streak. I do just fine with the ones I use.