17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 8:22 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer is a Sick Joke.

First off, this is not a troll post. I am just voicing my extreme disdain for this game, franchise and the low standards we have come to accept in gaming. Just want to make that clear.

I can't believe how incredibly SHATTERED the multiplayer is in this "game". Actually, calling it a game is an insult to other games that are good and worth your time. This is the most mindless, lemming-worthy mess I have ever experienced on Xbox 360. It boggles my mind to no end how a company like Treyarch puts out a lazy effort such as this. Has everyone's standards gone so low in gaming where you will all buy this game like cattle no matter how braindead a game is?

Let's go over the horrendous bullshit in this game, shall we?

- Quite possibly the worst spawning system I have ever seen in a first person shooter. If I had a dollar for every time I immediately get shot in the back when I spawn, I would have enough money to buy the CoD franchise and throw it into hell where it belongs. Hell, anytime I do that to another player I don't feel any satisfaction in killing the other player. It feels cheap and unfair. Any time you try and formulate a strategy, you get killed by a random ass guy who happened to spawn 5 feet away from you. This is unforgivable at this point in the CoD franchise. This is what, the 8th or so CoD game and they still can't get it right? Give me a break.

- Barely any innovation. Am I the only one that sees that this is the same damn CoD game since Modern Warfare 1 was released? Sure, the pick 10 is nice.........but that is it really. And that isn't even really innovation, that is just allowing you to have the basic freedom you should have in the first place to customize your gaming experience. That alone does not equal a great game or a 10/10 review. This is the kind of thing you should expect to have by default when you buy it. The game is still all the same ridiculous kill streak rewards (if you have 10+ kills in a row, you probably do not need something to help boost your kill count or help you spawn kill with Dragonfire helicopter gunner etc. Seems a little stupid if you ask me.) and overpowered SMG's that make nearly every other gun useless.

- The hit detection and lag is THE worst in any FPS. This game wins the award, hands down. There is a good 1-2 second delay for anything going on in the game. What that means is that what you are seeing on the screen isn't actually happening. The best part is that the evidence is shown on the killcams, where the bullshit is clear as day. You will get killed around corners as you run for cover, which makes it look like you got shot through four walls that are ten feet thick. The hit detection is so bad, I don't know where to begin. You will shoot them repeatedly over and over and over and get no hitmarkers, or you will magically hipfire one bullet and somehow kill them instantly. There is no consistancy whatsoever. Black Ops 2 is 75 percent lucksack hit detection, random lucky spawns and boring gameplay. Why can't we all ask for more for the 60 bucks we plop down every year?

• Re: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer is a Sick Joke.

im in uk an played from about 630 to 730 and on all types did not stay in 1 game ,its unplayable as ive said before it cost me nothing.i traded blops 1 after trying for 4months that was shite ,this started great but now crapola.trade time anyone

It's probably the quality of your connection.  It's not poor enough.

Are you...  me?

Totally agree with all your points.

The most infuriating factor for me is the hit detection. I've gone into theatre many times to replay instances i've been killed & feel I should've come out on top in a gun fight. And the replays confirm it too - my shots being on target, fired before the enemies shots, but they still manage to kill me & I don't even get a hit marker.

Check out these 2 videos I uploaded to YouTube on this matter. They are only short clips, but highlight this point. Apologies for the lag in them, but for some reason when rendering replays on console they seem to lag something terrible - another thing that hasnt been fixed for over a year now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA7qqVpiaMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCeqA_Qk8ng

if treyarch just re educate themselves on computer programing and netcoding & then fix the lag issues then there will be progress... its a shame really that the original cod devs have been fired/left ... treyarch needed to leech off them,

I feel like the worst part about this whole situation is how all the bad things about this game are being swept under the rug like they don't exist.  Treyarch refuses to acknowledge any issues with the connections in the game.  You could slap a call of duty tag on a pile of dog **** and game review sites would give it a 9.  So to anyone who doesn't experience these issues first hand we just look like haters that wouldn't be happy no matter what they did with the game.  This is obviously far from the truth, but with a new call of duty coming out every year if somethin isn't fixed within the first few months it isn't going to be fixed.

Wait a minute I just noticed something.

If you go back and play the other CODs you will notice that the graphics are different.

Your probably thinking were is he going with this? Well have you ever played a game like minecraft or an online PC game were you can change the graphics if you have bad Internet or make it the highest if you have top notch Internet. Well that might just be the problem with lag comp and hit markers. Maybe the graphics are to good.

If you think I'm wrong I don't care but if you think I'm right, thank you.

P.S.

I like it when he says BULL ****!

P.P.S

:)

Mw3islag

I fill the same way about the LAG/HIT DETECTION Mr.crisp. It is the worst out of any Call of Duty game. I have FIBER- OPTIC INTERNET and I get host all the time. Don't get it twisted though now days just like MW3 the host gets the short end of the stick because my connection is compensated for somebody who cant buy better internet. What I don't understand is why would you compensate my internet that makes me at a disadvantage thats not fair. This is not fair all I ask is to change the lag compensation or whatever it is called back to cod 4 days just put the host migration in it boom you have a great game. Black ops 2 would be wonderful if it wasn't for LAG. Everybody is ahead of me in the game as far as in real-time. I have fiber optic internet so my ping is low I dont understand I'm so frustrated. If they dont fix with a patch I promise I never will spend my hard earned money for treyarch again only activision FPS games.

ive stopped b****ing about lag fixs due to the fact they wont touch it till the last 3months of the game

reason for this is simple thaere are more sh***y internet users loveing this game right now than decent fibres and heres the blow more revenue with dlc for supporting the s***y internet connections than changeing anything it bein desighned from day 1 to support this hence why mw3 was patched in its final 3 months of game life

am i wrong me thinks not

Mw3islag

this video is what is exactly wrong with this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trialstardragon

LOL.. the hit detection is a problem? Not really, my guns seem to work fine for me most of the time. I shoot they die if I am accurate with my shot. Lag? Not nearly as bad as you think it is, plus no game is lag free, even bf3 and halo 4 have lag and just as bad as this game at times. There is no magic fix that will remove the lag for everyone and make the game run smooth and perfect. It does not exist and never will.

Spawns, because they are not static, they are dynamic to prevent spawn trapping and spawn killing from happening as easy as it was in past games, this is a good thing. It means a player has to be aware of the map and what is going on around them all the time and not just have tunnel vision focusing only on what is in front of them all the time.

Innovation? Very few games really have any inovation in them. Actually none really do. just minor changes from one game to the next on how they play. Lack of customization? There is no need for a game to give players 100% full customization of their charcters in all things about them. This is not a mmo where those things are more common.

Everyone here is cattle? Yep and so is everyone that buys a Halo game, or a Gears game or a Madden game, or any franchise game that has more than 2 runs of the game. So do the developers have to care if you are not happy? Not at all because this game was made for the casual and general audience to draw in sales, not for the diehards who think there should be a large skill gap or learning curve to play the game.

So do not like it? Sell your game, destroy it, give it away, throw it away, or trade it in on something different. 3arc will not care, they allready have your money for buying it once. They know they cannot make everyone happy, nor are they going to try and do so either, nor should they. For it is impossible to make everyone that plays this game happy and keep them happy all the time.

Izjar11

I can't believe how incredibly SHATTERED the multiplayer is in this "game". Actually, calling it a game is an insult to other games that are good and worth your time. This is the most mindless, lemming-worthy mess I have ever experienced on Xbox 360. It boggles my mind to no end how a company like Treyarch puts out a lazy effort such as this. Has everyone's standards gone so low in gaming where you will all buy this game like cattle no matter how braindead a game is?

This is dramatic, all I can say if you can create a better game then do it, you sound very bratty!

- Quite possibly the worst spawning system

This has been said about every title, everyone complains about spawning.

- Barely any innovation. Am I the only one that sees that this is the same damn CoD game since Modern Warfare 1 was released?

This is COD not mario brothers, you shot people, you blow things up what were you expecting? Dance dance revolution?

- The hit detection and lag is THE worst in any FPS.

Again someone always says this when the new title comes out, if its that bad for you stop playing.

What I find mind boggling is why play a game that you can't stand playing? Writing all this to prove your dissatisfaction if normal, but it sounds like you have never stopped playing and willing come back for more.

belly120

meh i gotta say that if you think this game is a quality product you need to get out more.

thats like saying you can't see a difference between a ford and a ferrari!

this game is stale and badly executed, its our falling standards that have allowed them to get less and less bothered about what they churn out.

if you keep feeding the same pig it gets fat - treyarch, infinity ward and activision are that pig.  record sales, more issues than previous titles even MW3 was a more solid title then this.

it clearly suffers from copy degrade.  the more you copy something the more it degrades.  cod 8 (bo2) has degraded 7 times over hence the shoddy performance, shocking maps, terrible weapons, lack luster killl streaks etc etc etc.

treyarch new they didn't have to do anything other then make sure it was vaguely average and the bullshit and hype would do the rest and it shows.

Izjar11

meh i gotta say that if you think this game is a quality product you need to get out more.

I never said it was the best game, but yes its good enough for me to want to play. I do not know what other games your comparing COD to but this game is a decent game.

thats like saying you can't see a difference between a ford and a ferrari!

Huh?

this game is stale and badly executed, its our falling standards that have allowed them to get less and less bothered about what they churn out.

If you are bored than your bored, if you arent playing good for you. But to those who still play the game (like me) it obviously has issues but I play it, and I enjoy the time I play on it.

if you keep feeding the same pig it gets fat - treyarch, infinity ward and activision are that pig.  record sales, more issues than previous titles even MW3 was a more solid title then this.

Dude just dont buy the game, you do not have to explain your pig economics to me.

it clearly suffers from copy degrade.  the more you copy something the more it degrades.  cod 8 (bo2) has degraded 7 times over hence the shoddy performance, shocking maps, terrible weapons, lack luster killl streaks etc etc etc.

treyarch new they didn't have to do anything other then make sure it was vaguely average and the bullshit and hype would do the rest and it shows.

I do not disagree with what your saying, and if the series is in down hill then so be it. I try to not compare games from previous titles, but play the current one (with known issues or not) and have fun (no matter what). I knew this game would not be a 180 from MW3, BO, MW2, etc its the same principle different explosions, different looking guns!