4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 1:19 AM by Ethyl RSS

sniper scope bug or glitch ?

hi,

im posting this again, as my previous post has been ignored, Im not a person who rages on forums just to get attention, please help me with my problem . My MSR sniper has magnified normal zoom , but when i attach variable zoom, the zoom becomes normal unless i zoom it further.

thank you

• Re: sniper scope bug or glitch ?

hi there this problem you are experiencing seems to be a one off as i dont have this problem and i only use the msr and my attachment is extended mags.i have a nomal mid range zoom and if i use variable zoom it works fine.one thing ive noticed is the as50 or whateva it is has the low range zoom so i dont use it.thermal also has low range zoom and that is very disappointing for me as i would have liked  to have one class with a thermal but ah well i can see just fine without it.any way due to no responses this must be a glitch that only you have so i doubt it could be resolved by anyone.maybe you should stick to using the variable zoom and just except it is a rare glitch.it wont be fixed by a patch or anything so dont get your hopes up bro.btw this is me replyin to your original post.this one didnt get the problem across aswell as that did.and dont expect to always get an answer because not everyone knows what they are on about on these forums.anyway top tip is use variable zoom with stability and if it is just affecting you with extended mags as you said in 1st post then use sleight of hand perk because it should counteract the loss of the extended mags as the msr has the fastest reload time for the sniper catagory.hope this helped you.also just on the topic of snipers L118a has no barrel opening so it shouldnt actually be able to fire lol.major design flaw iw made there.eveytime i spectate someone with it i look at the front of the sniper rifle and laugh.msr ftw

thank you for answering, I guess I'll have to work untill I get the weapon lvl 30 to use variable scope, each and every prestige level. And yeah, msr ftw

oh i forgot you have to get the gun to lvl 30 for the zoom.man that sucks,i feel for you bro.i myself didnt realy use my sniper till i hit 10th and stopped prestiging.your need to get like 450 to 500 kills each prestige with long range zoom.man that is painfull.i suggest using the barret till you stop prestiging cause thats the best substitute for the msr.unless you want to stick with the bolt actions then your stuck with the L118a.this gun is ok but i think it feels too much like a bb gun or something.it just dont feel real and the aim is a little quicker than the msr hence th qs kids using it and thinking they are good.its aim time is almost as fast as a sub machine gun.its to overpowered and cheap (oh no he didnt) for me.i qs just fine with the slower msr.anyway if you want to check whether its your account or game thats messed up u could try using a second account.if you do just go to private match to try it out rather than go through all ranks again to unlock it.this wont solve it but it will let you be sure of the problem.or maybe ask a m8 to borrow his or hers and try that.if its your account that has the problem then just go to support at teh top of this page and tell activision cause it might be something they could sort out.anyways thats the best advice i got right now so maybe thats helped

you know, I was doing some kind of research on all of the snipers, yes the as50 has low range zoom which i wanted, which is like the first variable scope zoom, which i also wanted. all the other snipers have the second variable scope zoom level (4.8x i think) so, my zoom is totally normal, and I was wrong sorry for spamming forums and wasting your time